Run
  • 2h 40m 06s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 12m 13s /Mi
Swim
  • 49m 42s
  • 1931.00 yards
  • 02m 34s /100 yards
Well we didn't have a computer in Austin but we are finally home! I have so much going on, but hope to get the race report up soon. Thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

Finally feel like I had a really good night's sleep. We are packing the car and heading to Austin for the Longhorn HIM. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my appt. yesterday with the Sports Medicine doc and therapist and they were awesome. They spent over an hour with me individually doing all different stretching exercises, testing my range of motion and trying to come up with what was going on with my leg. There was no conclusive determination on what the problem was, but they think it may be coming from my lower back. They gave me some exercises to do (which I need to follow better!) and I am going back next week. I had to leave while they were still trying to figure out what the problem was because I had another appointment. They really did a very thorough job, didn't just tell me it was some "itis" issue and send me away and he talked all about teaching me exercises that I will be able to do on my own to manage the issue without having to come back regularly. My leg still feels a bit achy in areas and yesterday when I was doing these multiple tests for them, I really noticed a weakness in my right leg during squats.

This has been a crazy busy week for me and it doesn't seem like it will let up before we hit the road to get out of town around 9:30 tomorrow morning. I am planning on a nap in the car. I have been hydrating, but need to work more on carbo loading as things have been so busy that I even missed dinner last night. I had a leftover chicken strip and was so tired at 10:00 that I just crashed. I am excited about the race, I just wish I wouldn't have planned so many things this week! 

Run
  • 49m 14s
  • 4.62 miles
  • 10m 40s /Mi

Early morning run with the girls

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m
I scheduled an appointment in the morning with a sports medicine doctor that my trainer recommended. He is the same guy who gave her advice on how to get through the IM after finishing chemo and having a broken wrist and she assures me that he won't tell me that I can't do the race. My leg issue was flaring up again this morning so hopefully he can give me some exercises to do to help out.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.00 miles
  • -----

Spin class - rode easy per my trainer's instructions

Run
  • 49m 58s
  • 4.34 miles
  • 11m 31s /Mi

Ran with Kelli and Frank, nice slow run.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 30m

My regular training session with Shawna turned into a stretching session

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 10m

My regular training session with Shawna turned into a stretching session

Seems that my trainer feels that my leg issue is a sciatic nerve deal. I explained how the pain seems to be a pulling feeling up the back of my leg and migrates around at times to my knee as well. She said it could be caused by increased mileage and speed over the last 6 weeks. Seems plausible, I am going to try the exercises she has given and try to get into see her sports medicince guy who she assures me will not tell me that I can't do the race.

texmom's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals