Run
  • 1h 03m 13s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 10m 12s /Mi
Swim
  • 35m 22s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 02m 22s /100 yards
Had a GREAT time at the Playtri festival today and got to meet lots of BT folks. I was really nice knowing people at the race and getting to chat with everyone about their event. It was also my 12 year wedding anniversary and Doug and I celebrated by doing the event together. This was our 4th ever tri and our first oly, now time to start gearing up for the HIM next October!

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 45m

Worked in the yard for much of the morning and the afternoon, did LOTS of squatting picking weeds.

Boy did I get busted tonight! I went to the Main Street Arts Festival downtown and within the first 15 minutes of my arrival I ran into my trainer while I was slurping up my beer. Ooops! I promised her I would get in bed early and after running into her, I  made Ang (yoblondie) drink the rest of my beer. Guess I was feeling a little guilty since it was my 3rd. Well at least I should sleep well tonight!

Rest day...picked up my race packet today and I am getting really excited. If only it didn't feel like climbing Mt. Everest to leave my 3 kids and 3 dogs for 24 hours and have to explain to someone else how to take care of everything. I just don't want to come home Sunday afternoon to a tornado of a house and 2 puppies who have made mischief while I'm away!
Bike
  • 25m
  • 7.22 miles
  • 17.33 Mi/hr

OK, I think that pace is off, but it is from the stationary bike at the gym and they never seem accurate. I was just trying to keep my HR in the 120-130 range and have an easy ride.

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.86 miles
  • 10m 45s /Mi

Easy run on the TM

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 05m
Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 10m
I am definitely in taper mode. I could NOT get psyched up to get on the TM. I got on and did my 10 min warm up, then I stretched and got back on for less than a minute. I decided I would try the indoor track and then saw it was crowded with folks. I headed to the bike and finally made myself do a light work out on the TM. I am TIRED of the TM, but we had storms again tonight.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 13.50 miles
  • 13.50 Mi/hr

Spin class - estimated distance. I rode easy as I am trying to be in "taper" mode as my trainer was suggesting. Not too hard considering my body is ready to taper.

Strength
  • 30m

Last session with trainer before my oly on Sunday

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m
My trainer had lots of good tips for my oly on Sunday. Too bad I didn't have all this info earlier, but I will just remember that it's a learning experience and go out there and do my best. I am a little nervous. My trainer is going to be at the race volunteering on Sunday and is very excited for me. That will be nice to have someone cheering me on since my parents and the kids are not going to make it over. It is just too much to try to have to get them organized and over to the event on their own. We have a babysitter (my cousin) spending the night on Saturday night and we are staying at the Marriot where the race is being held.

texmom's Training Log

April 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals