Run
  • 27m 05s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 43s /Mi

Joe's Run 5k

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Stretched well before the 5k and my knee felt fine. My hamstrings were tight, but overall no real pain.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 10m

Stretched well before the 5k and my knee felt fine. My hamstrings were tight, but overall no real pain.

Ran in Joe's Run this morning which was a 5k near my house that I had been on the committee to organize. Wasn't really thinking it would be a good run for me since I haven't been running too much and I just didn't really feel strong. We had close to 2,000 people run in the race and I came in 3rd in my age group. I think it was a particularly slow age group, but none the less I earned hardware.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 11.00 miles
  • 14.67 Mi/hr

spin class - distance is an estimate, I may be sore tomorrow because I pushed it on the bike and I had not been to spin class or on my bike for a LONG time!

Run
  • 30m
  • 2.91 miles
  • 10m 19s /Mi

This was a WINDY run. Yoblondie and I ran on the trail and it felt like I was pushing a 75 pound barrel up a hill. The gusts were crazy. My knee felt good on the run until the end. I stretched LOTS before running and I think this helped.

Strength
  • 10m

Sit ups, push ups and squats

Sport #1
  • Elliptical Training
  • 10m
Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m
Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 10m
Couldn't make myself get into the pool today as I had planned. I was running late in getting to the Y due to dealing with a tenant who had a leak and just decided to do the elipitical machine and see if I could stretch really well before my run with Yoblondie. The stretching helped and I didn't have the same pain in my knee on the run. It did hurt slightly after the run, but overall I was pleased.

Run
  • 46m 51s
  • 4.29 miles
  • 10m 55s /Mi

Neighborhood run with Kelli and Frank

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Well we are home from Vail and I am trying to get back in the swing of things. We had a great trip, but I got sick and did not get to ski too much. It was still great hanging out with friends and relaxing. Now I feel like I have a million things to do and not enough time, plus I am feeling like I am way behind on tri training and I have an oly coming up in less than a month. I haven't been on my bike or in the pool for a long time. I am hoping to get motivated soon.

My left knee starting hurting a bit on the run and I could feel a bit of pain when skiing. I guess I am going to have to go back to my sports medicine guy to see what the deal is and I am not happy about it.

texmom's Training Log

March 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals