• 30m
  • -----
  • -----

On elliptical b/c of achilles

Swim
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----

Before and after the kids swimming class. Several laps of breaststroke w/him on my back. Fun. For him.

Strength
  • 30m

Circuit workout

Today's installment in the ongoing series, "Stuff my kid asks me that I can't answer,":

"Papa, why did God make mosquitos?"  You know, I have no idea.  

Bike
  • 2h 40m
  • 40.00 miles
  • -----

Achilles is quite sore this morning, unfortunately. 

• B: YFG
Run
  • 1h 05m
  • 5.75 miles
  • -----

Achilles was sore again, so I walked some of the route.

WTF is this now?  The good news is I went for a run, and my knee felt fine. My stride felt almost normal for the first time, and I felt like my regular pace was returning.  But, after about 15 minutes, my Achilles started to feel tender, just like the last time I ran.  It happened both times after I stretched, so I'm wondering if a) I didn't warm up enough before stretching or b) I stretched too much.  Jeez--it's always something. 

• L: Salad
  • S: Apple
  • Pre workout: PB&J
  • D: turkey & swiss w/tomato on WW.

Bike
  • 37m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 19.46 Mi/hr

Trainer

Here's me and the #2 women's finisher at the 2006 IM World Championships. I look horrible, and, honestly, I think her outfit could use some work. 

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=8505&photoid=65708

Wife has softball tonight, so I'll get some mileage in on the trainer.

• L: Soba noodle soup w/veggies, apple
  • S: Orange

I have a photo of me and Desiree, but it's blurry and does justice to neither of us. I'll post it tomorrow. The appearance was interesting. She mostly spoke about race nutrition (it was sponsored by Accellerade, so naturally). A couple of takeaways: She never forgets her post-exercise recovery drink, always within 30 minutes of finishing a workout. She loves ice baths. She's a heavy sweater an drank about 36-40oz of fluid per hour at Kona. She doesn't wear a HRM, but does wear a Garmin when she trains. She strength trains about 4 days a week in the offseason, and twice a week during the season. And she's very pretty in person. The offsite meeting was, indeed, long and boring, but, the good news is we finished everything and I don't have to go back tomorrow. Last night, before going out for a walk with my son, we had this conversation: Me: "Put your jacket on, pal." Him: "I don't need it." Me: "You don't? Are you sure?" Him: "Yes. I told God not to let me get sick." Me: "Oh. How'd you do that?" Him: "Like this," (covers eyes with both hands and whispers) "God. Don't let me or Mama or Papa get sick. Thank you." Heh. He's so damn cute. B: YFG L: Salad w/grilled chicken & veggies D: turkey on ww, eggplant/chickpea salad.

jmk-brooklyn's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals