Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 23.50 miles
  • 18.80 Mi/hr

On the trainer

B: Yogurt and berries L: orange risotto with mixed vegetables (vendor took me to lunch) D: Some vile lean cuisine thing. Didn't feel like cooking after the workout.

Dinner at Dad's. My dad knows how to make about 10,000 different kinds of stews. All yummy. I'm tiyerd. Ti-yerd. Time for sleeping. B: banana/PB smoothie S: granola bar L: Salad w/turkey & veggies D: Stew, asparagus, berry tart
Run
  • 30m
  • 3.30 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi

Treadmill run w/speed intervals. I'm sloooowly getting faster. If that makes any sense.

Strength
  • 45m
Ok. I'm back. Works been kinda hellish, and I come home so wrung out that I don't have much energy to do anything other than veg. But I'll be better, I promise. Vacation was amazing. 80's and sunny the whole weekend. Great food, plenty of cocktails, and a terrific time. The OWS were especially fun. I don't think I've ever done an OWS where I could see the bottom before. Forgot to mention the hilight of the trip: We're waiting in the airport for our plane, when, out of nowhere, my son stands up in front of everyone in the departure lounge area and belts out "Leavin' on a Jet Plane". He finished the entire song from start to finish, and got a huge ovation from everyone. B: cereal, skim L: sushi, miso soup D: Tuna salad w/fennel.

Did you know that Nenah Cherry, former 80's one-hit-wonder (Buffalo Stance) is the step-sister of 90's one-hit-wonder Eagle-Eye Cherry (Save Tonight)? These are the kinds of things you learn while watching "Pop-up Video" on VH1 on Jet Blue for 3 hours. Back from vaca. I have a sunburn, and I don't even mind that much. It was sooo nice to be out in the sunshine for a change.
Run
  • 42m
  • 4.50 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi

Longer run. HR was pretty high at first but calmed down. HOT! And didn't bring my fuel belt again, begging the question, "why'd you bring it in the first place?"

Swim
  • 20m
  • 1250.00 yards
  • 01m 36s /100 yards

Another OWS-- a little further this time. Waves, and conditions were much better than the day before.

Run
  • 34m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 09m 43s /Mi

Some slow warmup jogging, followed by some normal pace stuff, followed by some stride ladders. No pain in either the knee or the achilles.

Swim
  • 10m
  • 600.00 yards
  • 01m 40s /100 yards

OWS in the oceans. Waves were big and currents were a little rip-tidey for my tastes, so, since I was swimming by myself, I stopped after 600y or so. I was quite a ways further out to sea than I had been when I started.

jmk-brooklyn's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals