Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 16.00 miles
  • -----

MTB ride along a dirt trail

Went MTB riding with my incredibly competitive friend. He so wanted to race me so he could chirp about beating the Triathlete. My back tire was really low, and he he pretended to "forget" to go past the bike shop so I could air up because he figured he'd have an advantage. Unfortunately for him, his wife decided to come along, so he kept having to stop to wait for her to catch up. Heh. Maybe next year.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 25.00 miles
  • 20.00 Mi/hr

Another good ride. Some really fast sprints on the flats

I'm having so much fun, it ought to be illegal. More later.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 22.50 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Pretty easy ride out to a local dairy farm and back. Windy.

Beach day, along with a longer ride.

Bike
  • 42m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 21.43 Mi/hr

Time-trialed the local tri course.

Spent most of the day at the pool, ex for a quick ride. Feeling much better today.

Got up early and walked around our friend's farm with the boy, then did some pre-moving in shopping at Wal-Mart. Yes, I know. I'm evil. Sorry. My kid needed a fishing rod. So sue me.
Feeling a little better today, compliments of the $70 worth of prescription and non-prescription drugs I bought yesterday. Just finishing up a few things, and then, at approximately 1:00:01, I’m outta heah like Vladimir. Whatever that means. Clearly I need to watch more of G’s to Gents to update my lingo. I’m sure Creepa has some useful phrases, but unfortunately, I can’t understand a word he’s saying most of the time. Sometimes I watch tv with the closed captioning on, so I can keep the volume down so as not to wake the sleeping KOTWT. Most of the time when Creepa’s talking, the captioning says, “(Unintelligible.)” Heh. Goals for the vacation are: at least 3 OWS, and at least 125 miles on the bike. Pending whether I’m feeling better of course. I have other goals, but they’re mostly related to beer and drinking, so I don’t know if it’s appropriate to post them here…. B: Hmm…now that you mention it, I don’t think I had breakfast. I slept on the couch so as not to infect the wife & kid, and it kinda threw off my skedge.
Sooo...I woke up last night at 2am with a 102 fever. Took some tylenol, and by 7, it had gone down to 100.8. Weird. No other symptoms at all. Since I'm leaving tomorrow, I'm taking no chances, so I'm typing this from the computer in my doctor's waiting room. Hopefully she'll say it's nothing (I feel much better than this morning), or give me a 'scrip or something. All's I'm saying is that this better not f-up my vacation. Needless to say, no workout tonight--gotta pack anyway. B: granola S: almonds L: Turkey salad sandwich

jmk-brooklyn's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals