Run
  • 40m 29s
  • 10.00 kms
  • 04m 03s /KM
Swim
  • 27m 38s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 01m 50s /100 meters

THANKS TO EVERYONE! I'll try to do the RR tonight. Very cool race! :-)

GONE RACIN'! :-)

Last year, I did the sprint in Drummondville. This year, it's the Canadian Championship ITU Pan American Cup. Okay... no need to get carried away here. I'm doing the Canadian Olympic Age group Championship so it's gonna be a lot of people and (I hope) a lot of fun too.

I just went back to last year's results. My goal is to put the same performance than last year but on the longer distance. Considering my (let's call it) non-so-injury-free-year-of-training, I'd be happy with that. Not so secretly, I'd like to do better than that though (but I'll keep those for me :-) ). Last year was 54 out of 224 and a final time of 1:12:47. That involved a few things I could get better easily this year.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 5
Bike
  • 42m 42s
  • 17.00 kms
  • -----
Run
  • 18m 37s
  • 3.75 kms
  • -----
Swim
  • 05m
  • -----
  • -----

Update : I guess I have to include myself in the group of people that have dreamed / nightmared about triathlon...  I woke up this morning feeling like an idiot! No wonder with that kind of dream!  I'm at a race.  Don't know fuck if I swam or what but I'm now in T1 with everybody (so I guess I didn't drown or anything! ;-)  I'm about to leave T1 with my bike.  I'm holding it by the saddle and start to run with it.  I realize that there's an allen key still on and the saddle is all loose and shaky.  I go back to my spot. Try to fix that... When I'm done, I start running again with the bike. I stop after 2-3 steps. Why? Damn it!  I didn't change I'm still wearing my ?%$%?$# jeans!!! (heh...yeah for those wondering it's "relax fit" ;-) By the time I'm done with all the changing, people are getting back from their bike leg and I'm not out yet...

I think it's where I woke up or maybe not but my brain censored all the rest because I was a bit frustrated about the whole thing...  Ok, I'm out (I'll go check my saddle and make sure I DON'T bring my jeans!)

I went for a little ride (supposed to be 45 minutes) with 4 pick ups of 30 seconds.  Slow ride except for the pick ups (between 22 to 25 mph on the flat)--->lots of fun! :-) Max speed on my habitual ride = 44.

The run was pretty much the same thing. 4 *30 seconds (which were supposed to be 15 seconds according to the plan!).  So 6min WU, then started the pick ups with 35 seconds walking after + 45 seconds slow jog.

Little swimmy swim after the run in our pool.  A few (very little) pick ups.  Then napped with ice on both knees.

Today is supposed to be an easy day. It will involve a little ride and a little run though...

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 26m
  • 1500.00 meters
  • -----
Sport
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 09m

Update : Yesterday, I found some pictures of last year's triathlons. Album is up...

Not enough time this morning... I was trying to be wise in my choices. The plan was asking for a 20-25 min in the Lake with beach starts and 20-25 running with 4*30 sec at 100%. Instead, I did a 26 min in the pool and 9 aquajogging (I realized I was late for work when aquajogging). Swim set was something like that (200cr-100kik-200cr pace-100IM-200pullez-100kik-200crpace-100-200pullpace-100IM).

Little swimmy swmin with a runny run after this morning...

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6
Bike
  • 17m 17s
  • 7.00 kms
  • -----
Swim
  • 50m
  • 2500.00 meters
  • -----

Update : Uh-oh x 2 :

1) After a whooping 2 minutes of trying my bike (trying as in I'm sitting on it, pedaling 18 mph smoothly) my left knee (that I forgot to tape for this occasion) was hurting/feeling weird. Dammit!

2) The new seat is awesome! But man how will I be able to sit on that thing for 40km!?! Ouch.

The bike is ready, I'll go pick it up after work. Supposedly that the mechanic did a lot of work on it (read : ka$$$$$hing!) and maybe fixed the cracking problem. I'll believe it when I'll see it won't hear it! ;-) Other cool thing (but no very wise) new seat to try. It looks very cool and seems comfortable it's carbon fiber...

On the news today, coach announced that he was leaving. He's going to San Francisco for a few months and then a year in Autralia. Good for him. Soooo, if anybody wants a job in Quebec as head coach of a cool triathlon club, update that resume! ;-)

Wasn't feeling so good in the water at first and then about halfway I was better. Lots of "1500 m pace" this morning, I thought it was cool to practice that just before the race to give an idea of what rythm to have (although everybody was right on the overpace during the "pace" sets! :-) )

4x125 (100cr-25back)
4x100 (1IM-1ki IM)
4x75 (25pace-50dpt) + 200pull
4x50 (25!-25ez) + 200pull
200pace 1500
2x200 fins

On the menu : Swimmy swim. Nap. Work. Nap (that didn't happen!). Work. Get my bike.Sleep. :-)

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 44m 17s
  • 8.30 kms
  • -----

Update : Sucky run and tried to do some pick ups. Didn't go so well and everthing was tough.  Oh well...

5*30 seconds at 100%. WU 16 min at a little faster than 8min/mil at 135. CD 14 min at little slower than 8min/mile at 143 

Mornin'

Tonight is going to be a run with a few pick ups. Other than that? Go see the (bike) doctor and work...

Yesterday was great for several reasons! One of them is that I finally dropped one of the 2 hockey teams I was in. Last night, I went at the captain's house to have a chat with him and told him that I quit. Good stuff!!! :-)

Other silly thing : In the last few days, on 2 of my rides I realized that I had a "new" talent! lol Last Saturday, there was this little rock in the middle of the road, and I rolled on it. Next thing I knew, like a shotgun, it went straight on a post on the other side of the 3 lanes in a cool "Tiiiiing". And yesterday night, a car was following me in a narrow street and it wasn't overtaking me (thinking I was in their lane I guess) and as soon as it was beside me, another rock went flying right on the car! GOTCHA!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 50m
  • 25.00 kms
  • -----
Run
  • 26m 23s
  • 5.34 kms
  • -----
Swim
  • 55m
  • 3000.00 meters
  • -----

Update2 : Went for a little spin and "ran" some errands with the bike. Slow and easy spinning the legs. (dunno about the HR but average was around 29-30km/h -->18mph

Update : Swim was great although I need a belly or some "suspenders" for my HR strap! This piece of junk can't seem to hold in place when I do flip turns. I wanted to monitor the HR today but I threw it out of the pool after 50m! Set :

10:00 choice
4x100 build
2x
(100pace - 100ez
75 pace-75ez
50pace-50ez
200pull EZ)
3x200 fins

We did pretty much all the 100s in 1:35 even if it was build. Transition was slow since we had to roll the cables. Then little run of 26:00 or so at Z1. I ran with Andrée-Anne and we talked about next week's race. I'm talking about something and then I look at her...she's on the ground, face down! Doh! Speed bumps! Ehehe. She was alright not even a scratch. (Pace : A bit faster than 8min/mile at 139 )

I think things are slowly coming together even if the injuries are still there. I feel more confident on the 1500m swim even if it's not wetsuit legal. I practiced it, I just have to go at my own comfortable pace (yeaaahhh like it's possible! lol). The run is not bad either considering the shins and knee but I won't be able to reach my 2007 goals.

_________

On the not so fun side, I heard on the radio that someone riding was hit last night by a car. The (stupid) driver left the scene (!!!) and came back 25 minutes later. WTF with that?!?! He's going to be charged with "délit de fuite" (sorry about the non-translation). The biker is critical but stable. :-(

Mornin'!

Little "brickette" this morning. Everything is on the "mini" side this week since Sunday is Drummondville. I happened to learn yesterday night that Chris McCormack did this race a few years ago and won it. He was in Paris for a World cup and next in Quebec for the Canadian Championships.

I'm still finding new red spots on my body...and new places where I want to scratch!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6.25

Plan for today :

1) Sleep in Check

2) Honor the words "Rest day" (Did that too!)

3) Try to figure how I could put my bike shoes on so they don't unclip when I'm getting off T1 for the next race!

4) Slow down the "Vodgatorade" intake! (Update : That shouldn't be a problem at all)

5) I met with Swimmer's itch yesterday... And today I'm getting the results of it. Ducks suck!!! ;-)

PS: Ouchy!!! "For those about to rock... I salute you!" Hockey and AC/DC fans, you should have a look at this, that's gonna leave a mark!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es0ZOHrugYc

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9

steve8's Training Log

August 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance