Bike
  • 35m 28s
  • -----
  • -----

Biked at the gym with Andree-anne. Low tension and spinning the legs. Not much pain.

Swim
  • 55m
  • 3000.00 meters
  • -----

Don't really remember except
200sw
400drills
4x(25fast-25ez-50fast-50ez)
100 chrono
3x(200pull-100ki)

Gone tryin' to swim fast... Done! New PR :)

• Calories: 1891 From fat:355.52 (32.42g, 18.8%), From Carbs:1229.71 (252.27g, 65.03%), Protein:305.77 (62.73g, 16.17%)
  • Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 1 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 6
Strength
  • 40m

PT eccentrics. Shoulders, lats, biceps, triceps, abs, push ups.
Right Achilles is sore this morning and what might be adductor (don't really know for sure) isn't good at all.

A lot going on this week, mostly on the swim. We'll have tests on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, respectively 100m, 200m and 400m. It will be the first time I'm doing a 200m test but I'll have to beat 1:11 and 5:54. Feeling pretty confident since I didn't miss too much trainings, which I'm very happy about considering the shoulders problems I had last year.

Coach also announced we would host 3 aquathlons over the winter, one each month starting in February. Should be lots of fun (read : I'm nervous only thinking about it) and little distances, 750m and then a 3km run indoors on the track.

• Calories: 2141 From fat:414.67 (47.33g, 19.37%), From Carbs:1296.37 (332.9g, 60.55%), Protein:429.96 (110.41g, 20.08%)
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 1h 01m 59s
  • 11.40 kms
  • -----

Nice temp for a run, though a bit tough with the headwind. It's about 0F right now. Long (for me) and slow run. I kept HR pretty much under 150 all the way and that was what I wanted. Right achilles wasn't fun at the beginning and faded. Rest was under control until 45 min into the run. Still, it was ok. Knee/tendon was 2/10, adductor better than expected considering last night's episode.
Said hello to quite a lot of runners today, always cool to see people movin'.
Took 2 decisions while running, 1) Meet with coach to have his input on the run and how to structure it. I think I need to slowly increase volume and get some speed to meet the goals I have 2)Take appt with PT this week since he's leaving for 2-3 months starting this Friday. I'd like him to check me on the run, outside if possible. I'd like to know if everything's right and if he has other advices for me. Those 2-3 months will be enough to incorporate whatever he suggests.

The Red Bull Crashed Ice was very cool once again. Cold but cool! ;) A lot of Quebecers qualified to be part of it and the crowd liked that. There was qualification rounds everywhere in Canada and also, people coming from Finland and Tchekoslovakia. 2 Quebecers on the podium. Good job.

Then, we had to walk to go to the Three Days Grace concert. It was nice since my feet were frozen. It was an outdoor concert by the way... Yup it was cold but the band did a great job. Must be tough to play guitar at 0F! It was hit after hit. I don't have any of their albums but I knew all the songs except for one song. One hour of great entertainment!

• Calories: 1084 From fat:323.8 (35g, 29.87%), From Carbs:655.37 (159.39g, 60.46%), Protein:104.84 (25.5g, 9.67%)
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Fatigue: 1 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 3500.00 meters
  • -----

WU = 200 free-100breast-100back-100IM
Main set = 3x (4x200) on 3:06 r'50sec R'150 free

Note : I saw purple google perv again. He didn't change! !!

Strength
  • 15m

PT eccentrics. Knee / tendon was already sore or inflammed.

The run last night was very good. I'll definately have to add a lot of intervals to try to get my speed back but it was encouraging. Went to bed VERY early. And tried to get our Red Bull Crashed Ice activity tied together with the friends and family that will be coming over before we leave. We have to be outta here by 5h30 max if we want to be able to see. Some of the participants are starting to wimp out on the Three Days Grace concert after! Better take a few cars so the wimps can go home. I'll make sure to bring some warm stuff (not that I want it to sound like I'll have my flask full of scotch).

Some ST this morning. I'll go swim somewhere in the afternoon but it won't be with the club since they swam this morning at 5h30. It's ok to do it on weekdays but dammit we're Saturday! There's a pool near and I'll go for an hour swim and I'll try to aquajog right after.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 05m
  • -----
  • -----

Alternate 1min bike w clips and 1 min rest for the knee. Wasn't good.

Run
  • 55m 13s
  • 11.00 kms
  • -----

Cold. Frozen eyelashes and knees that wants to explode when they are slowly warming back up. The run was great. Started with the headwind so I could finish the run comfortable. 15 min WU at 8min/mile. HR 140-145. 3x3:00 at 6min/mile. HR 160-163. Rest was 3:00 at 9min/mile. HR 130-/135. I finished the run at 8 min/mile at 150-155.
The right adductor was fine until I slipped on an ice patch. Then it was so-so and the knee/tendon was almost perfect. :)

Strength
  • 30m

PT eccentrics and ST

Today is the beginning of a GREAT event that takes place in Quebec city, the RED BULL CRASHED ICE. I'm really excited about this, it will be a blast. Last year, 100 000 people showed up and it will be probably more this year since the media are talking about it big time. It's on national TV, TSN for my fellow canadians (and I think anyone can watch it live at 9pm tonight on tsn.ca).

My plan is to go there tomorrow night with a bunch of friends and have fun in the cold (between -10 and -15F). We'll have to be there early since it's in a part of the city which is very narrow and that there will be LOTS of people. If you want to peak at last year's event, here's a really cool video from Red Bull's website : http://www.redbullcrashedice.ca/video.php (go to Quebec 2007)

Little ST this morning. I'll try to spin my PT's 4-5 minutes on the trainer at lunch and after work, I'll go for a run. Have a good day! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 35m 08s
  • -----
  • -----

Knee/tendon was 1/10 but kneecap was popping each time. Not so fun.

Swim
  • 1h 20m
  • 3600.00 meters
  • -----

Cool swim once again. Quite the WU! 1000m of different drills (3x300m) Main set was
3x (10x25) (paddles, fly w fins, paddles)

Strength
  • 12m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Advanced Obliques
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Knee-Raise, Hanging
  • ABS - Pikes
  • BACK - Back extensions

Swimmy swim this morning and then I'll brick a little ride. I'll do what my PT asked, which is an easy bike, no clips at 100rpm or so. Then, on the road again for a meeting in the afternoon in Montreal. Another 5 hours in the car and the task is to convince someone of something that he thinks is crap, health and safety in his workplace. That should be fun!

Tuesday meetings didn't go as planned. We ended up doing only 2 inspections, one of the 2 was very interesting. First, I got to talk with a lot of amazing people and then, plenty of cool innovations I never saw anywhere else. As a side note, one of the contract they are assembling right now captures the little boy in me :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m
I guess I kinda screwed up my rest day yesterday. I completely forgot that I was playing hockey (at 10:15pm. Ugh...) Don't ask how it was please. The best I managed to have on the scoresheet was a 4 minutes penalty. Doh!

It's the first time I score my sleep as a 5. I got to bed and dropped, next thing I know the alarm is screaming at me! Sucks that it was a 4 hour sleep though... Today is early dentist appointment with sweet Lucie to check a filling she did before the Holidays. Right after is a meeting for my big HR software project. I hope we'll have good news from it, but I kinda lost hope. Note to self : Go buy FMX Motocross tickets in Montreal for bro's birthday that is TODAY.

I'm not sure about the training yet. I was thinking that maybe I should take today as a break too and then start back on thursday morning with the swim. Saturday will be screwed up because of a swim competition at the pool. It's supposed to be at 5 in the morning. Uh... don't think I'll be there!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 4

steve8's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance