Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2200.00 meters
  • -----

Guesstimate.
A bunch of drills and a 100m chrono.
4 x (25Left arm - 25R arm - 25 catch up - 25cr)
3 x (25accel - 25ez - 50accel-50ez)
Kick 75cr - 4x (25fast-25ez)-50cr
Something I don't remember
100 CHRONO
200pull-50kick

Out of the water and went for a short nap at home :)

Update : Little inside left knee pain this morning but it already went away. Had a great swim also. It was 100m chrono time! Yay. Got a PR, dropping my previous time by 3 whole seconds! :) I swam the 100m in 1:07.
I was waiting since a few weeks, before it becomes official, to announce a little somethin' somethin'. After last season, I finished first in the Provincial circuit (Olympic distance). That means I won a slot for the World triathlon Championships. It's been a busy couple of months and I was waiting for Triathlon Canada to take my 300$ (lucky me!) to confirm that I'm in. I'm not sure exactly why they didn't take it yet (they blame Triathlon Québec) but I'm tired of waiting. I'm officially auto-proclaiming myself in! :)

I'm going to Gold Coast, Australia next September with the serious intention to kick some serious @$$. I'll be joined by 4 other athletes of the area and we decided to join our efforts to get some sponsorships. It's a very exciting project and I couldn't wait to talk about it. I didn't push on the Clearwater 70.3 project because of it, money becomes an issue when you have to travel to Australia in the same year...

My goals will be to place top 3 canadians for the race and to peak in September to get a kick @ss PR!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 1h 03m 27s
  • 10.35 kms
  • 06m 08s /KM

Slow Z1 run while talking all along.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Before going running.

Congrats to the Calgary Stampeders. They won the Grey Cup in Montréal last night. The Alouettes didn't play very well, especially in the second half. 2 interceptions thrown by the QB that seemed like rookie mistakes IMO. I wore my Stamps shirt and cheered Montréal. I was a confused Cowboy!

Today is try NOT to fall asleep on my keyboard. Go to a meeting after lunch (fingers crossed). Run Z1 for 1h after work. Go to sleep early.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 6
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 1h 00m

Stretching. The stick. Shoulder exercises and jacuzzi for the legs.

The Rouge et Or de l'Université Laval won the Vanier Cup yesterday. Very good game against Western in Hamilton. Today will be filled with football again since I'm going to Montréal to watch the Grey Cup! :)

Will try to squeeze a little something to make it peachy!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 36m 37s
  • 6.50 kms
  • -----

Guesstimate.
Nice little run. Very cold though. Went to say hi to the grandmother. :)

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Coach's ST. + abs, back, band for shoulder and other stuff. proprioception

The night of sleep wasn't as bad as expected. I went down at 10h20 (right after a BP measure) and didn't wake up until 1am when my arm was being squeezed by the machine. I had trouble getting back to sleep but I finally did. After that it's all unclear in my head. I think I woke up each time but went right down after. I'm looking forward to get the results from the cardiologist. We'll see.

I was supposed to go to a gala tonight. Triathlon Québec is organizing it to honour athletes from elites to age groupers. It's a bit far from here and late in the evening so I guess when they call me, I won't be there. Oops. :) Instead, I'll be watching the Vanier cup with a few guys from hockey. After ordering pizza, we'll probably watch Patrick Roy's ceremonies by the Montréal Canadiens. Should be very emotional.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 1h 11m 41s
  • 12.00 kms
  • -----

Guesstimate.
Intervals. 4 x (10 x 15 sec) r=7sec R=4 min ez
Stopped after the 3rd because of my foot (arch). Went running ez instead.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

while talking with Yandel and A-Anne

Mapa (BP) machine install this morning at the hospital. That'll be lots of fun. It will measure my blood pressure every 20 minutes during 24 hours. I can do whatever I want during the day, I decided I'd go run with the club tonight. Apparently, it can be interesting datas for the cardiologist.

Did I mention I'll go see Rise Against in 2 weeks or so in Montreal? Yup, asked my cousin out and paying for her ticket (heh...well, I wanted her to come you know ;) ). Should be lots of fun!.

- Work

- Run errands at lunch

- Run

- Go to bed early

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 15m
  • 750.00 meters
  • -----

Guesstimate. just for fun. Few drills. Pull. Paddles.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Coach's routine. Stopped halfway and went with the band.
Abs. Foam roller.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m
Very happy that the Man in the shirt was where he was today. Too much CO somewhere can NEVER be good...

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 3.5
Run
  • 1h 04m 57s
  • 12.00 kms
  • 05m 25s /KM

Slooooooow run. I was so cold towards the end. Didn't have my HR strap but I'm sure it was quite low because I was following the gang at the back.

- Meeting this morning

- Nap at lunch? You bet!

- Work

- Run with the club (1hr Z1)

- Family time

I'll be re-wired on Friday for the Mapa test. Blood pressure monitored for 24 hours each 20 minutes...except between 11pm-7am (each hour). Yuck!

A few beers last night with the boys. Fun but forget it, I can't stay up late during the week especially mornings I get up at 4h30.

I learned a few days ago that if I had 1) the desire 2) 300$ on site after Longhorn, I could have had a slot for the World 70.3 Championship!!! Doh. But we didn't stay for the ceremony and roll down. A guy that finished after me is going to be on the start line next year.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

steve8's Training Log

November 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance