• 20m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

Very easy with AA and Pierre. 3 accels.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1500.00 meters
  • -----

In the bay again. Water temp is now 22.7 so no wetsuits allowed on race day if it stays that way. Doh! Oh well. Salty water makes it a little easier to float for me anyway, we'll see. My 3 teamates are really happy about the fact there won't be wetsuits allowed. Damn them :)

It's getting damn close!!!  I'm about to go to bed and tomorrow will be the day before the race!  Amazing how everything went so fast, yesterday we were a year ago!
Today was a little training, lunch with Triathlon Canada.  Got to shake Simon Whitfield's hand and hold his 2 Olympic medals, plus a photo with him. Tonight was the athletes parade.  6 000 athletes and a big crowd to cheer us.  Very cool.
For those interested to follow online, my start time is 8h29 Aussie time, so that makes it 6h29pm for you guys.  I don't have the link though, but I'm sure if you google ITU, World championship, you can find the live feed.
Sorry for the lack of inspires my connection is the crappiest ever and it's so slow roots are coming out of my butt...  I'm thinking about all of you and read the inspires (whenever they are done downloading!!!)  Cheers.

Bike
  • 1h 45m
  • 40.00 kms
  • -----

Rode with AA. Very eay

Run
  • 21m 31s
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----
Swim
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

ez in the bay. Practiced beach starts and exits.

Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

on TSS turf with Andree-Anne and Pierre. Ez.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

In the 50m outdoor pool from TSS. Very nice.
Technical and then, 5 x 100 on 1:28, then 5 x 50 on 40sec and 1 sec less each 50.

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 40.00 kms
  • -----

In a magnificient place overlooking lakes, trees and we could see Surfers Paradise from up there.

Run
  • 26m 56s
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----
Swim
  • 40m
  • -----
  • -----

Swam in the bay. Holy smokes, lots of wind, waves and people afraid to swim in there! Pierre and me were the only one in the water. Cold.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1300.00 meters
  • -----

I looooove outdoor pools!!! Such fun. But not sure about the salty water though!

Technic swim to begin with and then was supposed to do 10 x 100m but couldn't. 1:25/100m was too fast for me after 5 and my L shoulder was not good. Fatigue is here and flirting with me since I arrived. Need some rest or sleep!

Not enough sleep and too much cool things to see!  Lots of pictures taking but not enough to post it, I'll have more when coming back I promise.

We went to swim at the National training center in SouthPort yesterday (today for you!).  Swam in the same lane as a Mexican athlete, and the Spanish national team was in the 2 lanes next to us.  Yup, intimidating a little but not that much when you look at some of them swim.  Pretty much the same thing when on the road.  I rode last night with a partner and 3 Swiss national team members rode past us in their suit and big bikes.  I also discovered that I'd be racing against in the same category as the canadian national team coach.  Doh!  I decided I want to beat him...  Not sure it's a good idea to have this goal because he sure is a rocket but we'll see how selfpride fuels me! ;)

If you want to see a few picture I took yesterday...

steve8's Training Log

September 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance