REST DAY! After running the 5 miler yesterday, I was pretty sore. I did get to sleep in until 7:30 this morning and that felt pretty good to do that. I needed the rest. I ate pretty crappy again today but am planning on turning over a new leaf starting Sunday when I start my 8 week bike focused winter maintenance plan. Looking forward to doing my first long run since the Chicago Marathon. My current plan says to do a 90 minute run, but I think that might be a little long for me right now. I may go anywhere from 7-10 miles. I think that may be enough for one day as I'm planning on swimming in the afternoon. Well, it's 7:40pm and I'm actually considering heading to bed. I'm such a SLACKER today. Poor Darby didn't even get a walk today. She will definitely need one tomorrow!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 70 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 35m 12s
  • 5.02 miles
  • 07m 01s /Mi

Good run ~ Iroqouis Park, Thanksgiving Run. First 1.5 was the hill to the top. Felt like I was struggling and Garmin said 8:45 pace... of course lied to me, I was running 7:34 first mile.

Negative split the whole race, which was good and surprised myself. I didn't think i had that in me today. Pleasantly surprised. I chased down some girl who I just couldn't catch.. man was she fast (and cute). Last mile some guy blew by me and I thought, "Oh no you don't" and kept saying to myself, "You have to want this more than him.." So I picked it up and crushed him the last .5 mile. Felt good... :)

Ahhh... now for some TURKEY! Whoo Hoo!

Splits were:
1 - 7:34
2 - 7:24
3 - 7:00
4 - 6:46
5 - 6:18

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 65 Sick: 1 Hours slept: 3.5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 47m 59s
  • -----
  • -----

Did Cycling class with Danielle from the Y. Man is she smokin' HOT! Never seen a girl w/ abs like that before. We did a lot of hills and high-intensity, high-resistance stuff. Legs felt pretty shredded afterwards.

Swim
  • 35m
  • 1650.00 yards
  • 02m 07s /100 yards

WU: 4x75, last 25 backstroke
MAIN: 3x400, RPE 3-4-5
CD: 150 Easy

Workout felt like crap today. Just couldn't get balanced, felt like I was breathing hard, averaged about 7:15 per 400... WTF!!! I am getting so slow now and frustrated. Hoping next workouts will get better.

Today went by pretty fast. Went to work and did a bit of searching to understand what I'm going to be doing for the next 2 years. Left after everyone else then went for a swim. My swim workout today pretty much sucked. I had to wait on about 1000 kids to get done w/ swim practice then some fat old guy jumped in my lane... and of course as soon as I got in, my goggles fogged up and the water was cold. Ahhhhh, all the things I cannot control. :) Swim overall felt like a junk workout. I never felt balanced and felt like I was just pulling to pull and putting distance in with no clear direction or goal for the workout. Hopefully the BT maintenance program will give clearer direction now that I'm a paying member. Did the cycling class with Danielle at the YMCA today. I'm going to have to come back to more of her classes. :) I felt pretty tired throughout class and legs are pretty trashed right now. I was considering trying to go after it tomorrow at the Turkey Day run, but what's the point? I'm finally able to start training again and I don't need another injury. Bought some new cycling gloves, a balaclava and a new hat for underneath my helmet!!! Looking forward to taking it out for a ride, I just need to get my bike tuned up now. Chain fell off during the last ride. Little bastard! I'd like a new bike rack for xmas please..... :) Nutrition was ok today, ate a king size carmello bar, 1/2 thing of mentos, oatmeal w/ protein and yogurt, a granola bar, some chips, penn station teriyaki sandwich, harvest cheddar chips, a cookie, pbj sandwich and about 15 tootsie rolls. I REALLY need to stop eating all that candy. No wonder I'm so FAT!!!!!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 70 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 4 Overall Workout: 2
Bike
  • 1h 01m 33s
  • -----
  • -----

Did 1hr cycling class with Jessica. Legs feel pretty wasted from training this week.

The am workout was just ok. My legs felt pretty wasted from running 5.75 miles yesterday and body is having a hard time recovering. But I need this to get my body to adjust to the training schedule for next year. Trying not to push too hard... which is difficult for me since I tend to over-train. So keep the HR down and do easy workouts... well, for now. :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 70 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 45m 06s
  • 5.40 miles
  • 08m 21s /Mi

Ran the first 2 miles with Darby. Then ran the last 3.4. Legs felt ok, nothing great but felt SO good to be able to run again.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 56s /100 yards

Warm up: 200 Swim, 100 Kick, 200 Pull

Main: 1500M

Overall, felt pretty good. First time I've had a multi-workout days in a long while. Needing to get myself back in the "routine" of triathlon training. Looking to start building base up in January and need to get body acclimated to training twice a day at least 5 days a week.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 70 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 4 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 38m 16s
  • 21.35 miles
  • 13.04 Mi/hr

Very easy ride today. Rode w/ TNT team. Prospect to covered bridge to Goshen Lane to Rose Island Rode to Hwy 42 back to Prospect. Some good hills, never felt very fatigued... then again, I wasn't riding very hard. Went up the hills pretty well spinning and got HR up to 160 at one point, but was trying to keep it pretty low. Knees hurt pretty bad when we stopped for 10 minutes on the top under kneecap.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 70 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
REST DAY

TriSean99's Training Log

November 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance