Took an extra rest day. I woke up this morning and my left hip (above my buttock) was absolutely tight and I was in some pretty bad pain!!! Probably from bowling with my boss the day before. I knew it was a bad idea and was probably using muscles I don't normally use... and OWEEEEEE! I couldn't even roll over on that side and have any pressure on it. Work day was ok, finally got a chance to start doing my job instead of taking Six Sigma classes and tests. Still pretty lost overall but am beginnign to at least understand where some of the data is coming from. Went to see DeeDee to work out my hip. It helped but didn't fix entirely. I may or may not run tomorrow... but I'm supposed to run with Cori, so I better get out of bed for that. She'd hate me if i stood her up tomorrow.. a week before her marathon. Oh well, going to bed now... dream of hot girls, hope to win the lottery and pray my hip gets better by morning! Night all! Sean

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 67 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 1
Got up at 4am and hit the SNOOZE.... BAD SEAN! I slept an extra 15 minutes till Darby starting whining very loudly to tell me she needed to go out. So.. I got my little butt out of bed and got moving! Got to work about 5:30 am and got my stuff ready for my 7am meeting. Not a bad meeting overall.. not as bad as I'd expected. Everyone seemed a little perturbed at having a 7am meeting, but oh well. Sent in my TEAM GU application today via Fedex overnight. We'll see how that goes, keeping fingers crossed but my app is arriving on the due date. So I'm not holding my breath. A goal of mine is definitely get sponsored this year. With close to 20 - 30 races I'll do, I should right? I was CONSIDERING going to yoga tonight but the training plan called for a REST DAY today. Quite frankly, my body needs a little rest and a chance to reset. I'm sure I can get into yoga class this weekend or early next week and I'll better off for taking this time to rest and recover from a week of training. I'm a bit sore right now... but it's a good sore. Sent another email to Dale at the Training Studio about IM training. Still havent heard back from him. I'm beginning to wonder if I have the correct email address. Oh oh oh!!!! I was down on 4th Street with work today! THEY HAVE THE LOUISVILLE IM SIGNS UP!!!! It was SO VERY COOL! I took a pic from what I could, but I had CHILLS when I saw it. Standing there in the middle of 4th Street where the finish will likely be.... where the goal of my two-year journey to Ironman will culminate.... it's simply awe inspiring. Ok, that thought's getting me pumped!!! I wanna go run or bike... Ok, hang back, it's a REST DAY! Hope everyone had a GREAT training day! Sean
Bike
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Did the recovery ride indoors on my trainer in the living room. I felt ok and was able to keep HR pretty low. Felt good to be on my bike, but need to take it to the shop for a once-over.

Run
  • 33m 57s
  • 3.56 miles
  • 09m 32s /Mi

Ran with Cori and her friend Allie today at Seneca. We did two loops around the Seneca track. It was 70 degrees but it was raining a little.

Run felt ok, ran very slow as a recovery run. Though I did NOT feel like getting up and running this morning, the thought of getting to see Cori for while made me get out there. Always good to see her and talk. She seems to be doing better and will be running LV marathon in a week.... that sucks because now I have no date to the work xmas parties...

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1804.46 yards
  • 01m 40s /100 yards

Swim? WTF!!! Swim feels absolutely horrible. Seems the more I swim the worse I feel. Unbalanced, stroke count was as high as 21 for 25 meters.. What am I? A paddleboat? I'm a better swimmer than that!

The crazy old lady was there again today. After I finished my warmup and was taking a 2 min break before beginning my main set, she started talking to me and would not SHUT up. I finally started swimming away and I could hear her still talking under the water!!!

I need to get back to swim practice and let Nancy beat me up for a while.

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Heel Touches
  • CORE - Reverse HyperExtension (FB)
  • CORE - Supine Hip Extension (FB)
Pretty Stressful day overall at work. Did Six Sigma training and of course, whenever you are away, the world seems to fall apart! Lots of requests and since I'm new in the job, I have no idea what I'm doing. Needless to say, I'll be working late tonight from home trying to catch up. Ugh!!!! :( Good thing tomorrow is a rest day. But some moron scheduled a 7am meeting. Ugh!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 67 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 10m 26s
  • -----
  • -----

Did 6am cycling class at the YMCA Northeast w/ Jessica. Good workout overall and HR is stabilizing much better now. I'm working EXTREMELY hard to get it to go up into the 150's now at about an RPE or 7-8.

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Leg Raises, Flat Bench
Bike workout this morning pretty much killed me. I think it's been an accumulation of all the training this week, very stressful week at work and the fact that I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. I decided to take the afternoon workout "off" today to rest. It's now 8:33pm and I'm planning on heading to bed. I'll do my run workout with Cori tomorrow morning at 6am and am planning on doing core exercises from BT before I leave to meet her. Looking forward to the run.. as long as it doesn't rain!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 67 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 4 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 44m 56s
  • -----
  • -----

Did cycling class at the YMCA tonight. Danielle taught the class again.. :) She worked us pretty hard doing hills/ high resistance and legs were REALLY building up the lactic acid. Not sure if I just wasn't working all that hard or if my fitness is improving, but my HR stayed down today.. usually it's WAY WAY up!

Talked to Jessica today and I might be able to participate in a study to test VO2 Max again, this time outside with cycling. Oh yeah! Fun!!!!!

Swim
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----

WU: 500 easy.
MS: 4 x 100 free/50 kick on back, 10 sec rest between.
4 x 100 2nd 50 kickboard with 10 sec rest.
500 pull easy.

Didn't feel too strong on the swim today. Still not finding balance point. Struggling throught the water. :(

First day back at work. I decided to sleep in instead of going to gym in the morning to swim. That changes the dynamic of the day so I have to swim at lunch, then bike and strength train this evening. But will try to do cycling class at 6:30 tonight then lift. Though it's going to be 70 degrees and sunny today, so beautiful! Swim was not so good today. Never felt very balanced but did the 1800 yards at the Y. Weird old lady shared my lane with me. Was talking about her watch and counting laps... yada yada yada... ahhhh, just shut up and swim. :) but she took my kickboard 1/2 way through the workout... Oh well... gotta learn to deal. What am I gonna do when someone kicks my goggles off? gotta learn to let it roll... Cycling class overall felt ok. I changed the clip position on my shoes.. that was an absolute mistake. I need to change them back tomorrow morning. Good workout though and feeling like my fitness is starting to improve. Finally. Now if I can only shed that spare tire.... then I might actually get HOT... so ladies, watch out! ;)

• Calories: 1218 From fat:114.58 (12.43g, 9.41%), From Carbs:633.67 (154.66g, 52.03%), Protein:469.76 (114.65g, 38.57%)
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 60 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 40m
  • 25.87 miles
  • 15.52 Mi/hr

Rode River Walk with "The Training Studio" group. Dale, Amy, Scott and some others. We went pretty slow and put in some 'junk' miles but it felt nice to spin my legs after yesterday's run. Never came out of the small ring and didn't feel like I ever pushed at all. Not sure if my Garmin numbers are correct, there's something wrong with it and it's pissing me off.

Correction.. I think I found the issue. If you do more than one sport in the same day, it lists is as "Multisport" and you have both sports for that day separately.

Can't figure out how to read the BT program. 60", 20" WTF does that mean? 60 seconds, 60 inches? Ugh! None of the coaches are there until Tuesday so I'll have toplay it by ear till then. Important thing is that I'm training again. :)

Run
  • 1h 00m 10s
  • 7.25 miles
  • 08m 18s /Mi

Plan said to run 50 minutes. Although I ran an hour long run yesterday. Wasn't sure if I should run, but decided to anyway.. such a pretty day and how many days in November (almost Dec) do you get in the 70's? So did another long run and decided to run a different path that I've never done. Ended up on Murphy Lane dodging traffic and in a not so good part of town. though I normally tend to get lost, I know not to turn left on that route again! :)

Run felt ok overall. Went a little harder than I wanted, but heh.. I'm getting fat and need to run this crap off! Ran with Darby first two miles then brought her in. Left calf is still very tight, I need to try to stretch this puppy tonight!

Good training day overall. Felt good to get two long workouts in, even though they felt like junk miles. Left knee is really hurting but could be from trying to crawl under house to look at the lack on insulation. :( Going to have to spend some $ I didn't want to spend there.... ugh! If it's not one thing, its another. Good news is, I found an awesome coach and training group I'd like to work with here in Louisville. They train together 6 days a week. How cool is that!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 70 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6.25 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 04m 10s
  • 7.05 miles
  • 09m 06s /Mi

Ran easy today with Tammy and the rest of the TNT team. It hurts to run so slow, all the pounding on my knees and in my hip. Tried to keep HR in Z2-3 though I ended up high in Z3 for most of the time. Hope that is ok for training purposes.

Today was a pretty decent run albeit very slow per my standards. I tried to keep my HR as low as possible to stay within Z2 and Z3, but I tended to drift towards 3.7 - 3.8 for the latter half of the run. I felt as though I could have run much further than 7.05 miles, but honestly... what's the point. My body doesnt really need the beating in the off-season. I just need to build & maintain base for the upcoming season..... I just need to keep reminding myself of that point throughout the winter so I don't overtrain. First mile pretty much sucked. It was cold and my left calf and knee were really causing me problems. Tight and I just couldn't get them stretched out. 2nd and 3rd miles, I started to warm up and loosen up but HR started to drift into the high Z3 so I was very cognizant to slow down my pace. Though I felt ok from a cardio standpoint, my body just started hurting from 4-7. I wanted to run longer and further but decided against it due to the 'no more than 10%' rule. Came home, did some laundry and my test washer just about blew a hole in the wall. Need to call the company on Monday to have them come out and repair/ replace this thing. Ugh! Oh well, it is SO pretty outside today and I want to train, but I just have too much stuff to do around the house and of course, bills to pay. :) Tomorrow.... I BEGIN my training.... Enjoy the days rest while you can....

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 70 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 3

TriSean99's Training Log

December 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance