Bike
  • 47m 18s
  • 14.28 miles
  • 18.10 Mi/hr

Tooled around the neighborhood today. Did several hill repeats in Oakhurst to build some strength in my legs. Felt pretty good. It was close to 60 degrees out and I went past some kids today several times doing repeats and they said to me, "Wow!!! You go REALLY REALLY fast!)

:)

Run
  • 48m 39s
  • 5.50 miles
  • -----

Ran this morning with Dale and the Doc. Felt pretty good but ran pretty slow to keep HR down. :(

Had bad work dreams last night. :( Woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep. No bueno..

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Strength
  • 1h 00m

Met Amy for some strength training this morning. We did not do the Mt. Climbers today because the plantar fasciitis seems to be coming back again. :(

Boy did I NOT want to get out of bed this morning. Was in BT chat last night for a while and probably was up a little too late for getting up at 4am to train. Feeling a little under the weather this morning, but I'd imagine it mostly just because I'm tired. Only 9 more hours to go before I can go home and go back to SLEEP!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 52 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 26m 54s
  • 3.33 miles
  • -----

Ran the loop with Darby. Today's her birthday and I just let her run. She absolutely loved it.

Felt good to go out and stretch the legs. Didn't feel winded or strained at all to run a 8:04 pace, though my avg HR was much higher than Dale would like me to keep it. But it just hurts to run so slow!

Meeting Amy at the Training Studio tomorrow to do some strength training. Not sure if we're doing legs or upper body. Good news is the plantar fasciitis is getting better... knock on wood!

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 3000.00 yards
  • -----

Did Masters swim at Milestone last night. It was distance night and I jumped in the "fast" lane to get a good workout in. It was pretty tough and it was by far the most difficult swim I'd done w/ the team thus far. It felt good.

I swam the fastest 400 I've ever done, 5:55 and my first 200 was in 2:23 which is super fast for me.

Amy called late last night and cancelled our training session this morning. Probably best as thanks to the Christmas spirits, I wasn't feeling so well anyway. I'm planning on training this afternoon on the trainer. But I have to drive to Clarksville (again) to replace the latest trainer they've given me!!! Don't know what the deal is, but my bike is rocking back and forth in it and it is making this HORRIBLE sound!!! Almost sounds like a jet engine. There is obviously something broken inside of it and I'm afraid that it will break open and spill oil all over the floor. It's so loud that during our training session on Sunday, we couldn't hear the TV to keep with the Spinnervals workout! I'll update my blog again later...... Ran 3.3 miles with Darby in the evening then went to Master's swim. I decided to jump in the fast lane with Mike, who swam for Notre Dame. He pretty much showed me who my daddy was, but he definitely pushed me to go harder than I had in a very long time. I need that. I'll see how it goes for next practice. My arms... they feel like noodles!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 55 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 40m 02s
  • -----
  • -----

Did 20 min time trial to get my LT. I did the workout and realized I was supposed to do a 15 min warmup, then a 30 min time trial...

Ugh! I did a 10 min warm-up, then a 20 min time trial. I think I'm probably pretty close with that because at the end of the 20 min, I was pretty wasted. I couldn't have gone another 5 min at that pace...at least right now.

So I ended up w/ a LT of 158 (If it's ok to do a 20 min TT) Even if I went another 10 min, which I couldn't physically, I don't think my avg HR would have been much higher... maybe 3-4 beats with cardiac drift. For now, I'm just going to set my training based on 158.

Run
  • 45m 32s
  • 5.34 miles
  • -----

Ran the Cherokee Road Runner 5-mile fun run this morning. Weather was 40 degrees and a steady rain with little wind. A GREAT mental toughness day! There is something very self-gratifying when you go out and put your training in despite a holiday or bad weather.

Really it was all about me needing to get out and work off some frustration because Santa didn't visit my house. I came downstairs this morning expecting a set of Zipps in my living room... and I got zip.. that's right, zip, zilcho, nada, nothing. LOL!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas and getting lots of cool tri stuff!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 55 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 39m 38s
  • 11.50 miles
  • 17.41 Mi/hr

Did a 35 min workout at the Training Studio today. We were going to do 1:20:00 video, but a lady blew a tire setting up her bike and my friend Tammy came and we had to get her set up so we weren't able to get in the ride that we planned.

No worries though. My right butt-cheek hurts pretty bad from running yesterday so it felt good to just spin.

Not sure if anyone has the CycleOps fluid trainer on BT, but I'm still having problems with it. The new one makes some really loud obnoxious grinding sound and gets progressively louder as the speed increases. Not to mention, the bike still rocks uncontrollably. What a POS!!! I can't believe I have to take this thing back a second time!

Ugh!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 8.1
Run
  • 2h 24m 45s
  • 15.00 miles
  • 09m 24s /Mi

Planned on running 2 hours or 10 miles this morning. When I got to the park and turned on my Garmin, I found out that for some reason it did not charge overnight. :( So No HR and NO distance/ pace, etc.

So I approximated and ran with one of the TNT coaches after the turn-around. Well, I ended up doing 15 miles instead of 10... OOPS! :)

Right foot starting to bother me after 12 miles but I expected that. I ran SLOW the whole time trying to keep my HR down like Dale wants me to do, but i have a feeling I was probably around 150-155 because of the hills. Overall, it was a great run and it felt so good to go out and put some miles in.

Now I just need to get some food in me, get a hot shower and STRETCH.... so I can head over to swim practice to work with our Masters swim coach. The cool thing is... there will probably be only two of us there today and I'll get a lot of individual attention on my stroke.

Swim
  • 1h 20m
  • 2700.00 yards
  • -----

Did Masters swim at Milestone today at noon.

Warmup: 200 Swim, 200 Pull, 200 Kick, 200 Kick (Again), 100 Pull, 6x50 Descend 1-3

Main: 500, 400, 300, 200, 4x25 Fast

Cooldown: No cooldown, had to run to UofL game

Total: 2700 Yards

---I think that during the 500,400,300 sets that I may have done 600,450,350 because I kept losing track of where I was. I wanted to swim distance today so I just kept going. :)

Weighed myself this morning and I went from weight/body% of 148.4/16.4% yesterday to 152.8/16.8% this morning! WTF!!!! How could I possibly have gained 4.4lbs and .04% body fat in one day??? I had chicken marsala w/ penne pasta, some bread w/ olive oil/ balsamic vinegar and one beer at dinner. For breakfast & lunch I didn't eat anything more than usual... Maybe I'm pregnant and just retaining water. Until I hear something different, that's the story I'm going with and I'm sticking to it! Well, off to stretch and then to the UofL game at 2pm! GO CARDS!!! ----- The Cards looked the best they have all season! I have a pain in the top of my a$$ above my hip from running today. For some reason, I can't seem to get it stretched out. I need to see DeeDee, but it's Christmas wkend... so I'm SOL! So.... suck it up and keep moving forward. :) (Rt foot still hurts today, but hip hurts more... funny how that works!)

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 4 Overall Workout: 4
Took day off because I plan on running and training on Monday (my normal rest day).

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 5

TriSean99's Training Log

December 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance