Run
  • 18m 20s
  • 2.06 miles
  • 08m 54s /Mi

Woke up and looked out the window and it was POURING outside. Ok, I have to ask, what is WRONG with me??? (T and E.... no comments!) Most folks would see that and say, NFW I'm heading back to bed. I see it and I'm pumped up! I think, "Woo Hooo! A mental toughness day... BRING IT ON!" Hum.... I'll have to ponder on that one. So does that make me "tough" or just plain "nuts?"

Well, I'll stop beating around the bush... the run went pretty well. Dale had me run with the 9:15 pace group today because of my hip..which I was fine with me. The hip feels fine when I'm running but hurts like hell when I'm sitting. Very odd...

The run went well, a little wet and one lady was even carrying an umbrella... YES, you read that right, an UMBRELLA! Temp was close to 60 degrees so we could wear shorts! Sweeeeeet!

Ok, the run... the run went pretty well. Dale had me run with the 9:15 pace group today because of my hip.. which was fine with me. The hip feels fine when I'm running but hurts like hell when I'm sitting. Very odd... We talked a little about my MAF number this morning and whether I should reduce it or keep it the same because of my propensity to overtrain/ get injuries. I rec'd my book this morning and we went through the formulas and we're going to keep it the same... 141. Though there really is a pretty solid argument that it should be 146, but 141 will keep me in the range. After the run, Dale had me talk to Rob, a PT in the group. He did some stuff with me, yanked, stretched, and pulled my legs. He said that I have good leg length but that the muscles in my right hip are pulling my right leg higher. He was naming the muscles that he thought it was and he thinks it's where all the muscles come together in the groin area and that it's deep down. He called it a pubic... something-something muscle. (Maybe Ms Sue can make sense of it all for me?) He did some thing where he pulled my leg REALLY hard 3 times then had me put a ball between my legs and squeeze it for 10 seconds, 10 times (10x10). He said it will open my hip up but that it's probably going to be very sore for the next couple days. He said to take it easy, light stretching, take some ibuprofin if it helps and that by Tuesday, it should be feeling great. If it's not feeling better by then, he said I'd need to come into the clinic. I was ok when he was yanking on it, but now that I'm home and sitting... Owie! I'm heading to UofL vs Providence basketball game w/ some of my friends then home to do some laundry. (Don't I WISH it was REALLY doing laundry!) So I'll catch you homies later this evening! And T... no, the breakfast food didn't show up this morning. ;) Hope everyone has an AWESOME training day!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 7.25 Overall Workout: 3
Taking a rest day today. Lots of ibuprofen and trying to stretch throughout the day.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 5.5
Run
  • 48m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 09m 36s /Mi

Ran this morning with Dale and Scott. Overall the run was good, kept my HR down prety low (about 10 beats below my highest HR target).

On the way to the studio this morning, I noticed that my right hip flexor was not feeling so good. I wasn't sure if I was just sore from yesterday's workout, if maybe I'd strained it or if I'm injured again. After I finished with the run, it starting to hurt pretty badly and I decided not to stretch it for fear of doing any more damage. While driving to work, I couldn't lift my foot from the gas pedal to the brake without pain. I just took 4 ibuprofin and will start doing that all over again to see if it settles down. I have swim practice tonight and I will go easy, maybe do most of the workout with a pull buoy and do some floating. Hopefully that will help. I know it's all about how you handle setbacks, but this is getting ridiculous! I know I'm doing the right thing with Dale and slowing down my run pace and doing lower HR training. In fact, I'm seeing results. Am I just that old that my body is falling apart? Sheeesh! Just venting! I'll play it by ear and see how I feel tomorrow. Ahhhh, happy days! :) It's Thursday and only one more day till the WEEKEND! Wooo Hooo! -------------------- Ok, so I just got home and decided that I'm going to take the evening off. My hip flexor is still hurting so I figured even if I was in the pool, there's a chance I could injure it further and at this point in the season it's just not worth the risk. I also decided to make a "smoothie" tonight. Since I'm not a fruit or vegetable eater, this is a very big deal. So I did some research in the BT forums and got some ideas. So I put the following in a blender... FF Vanilla Yogurt, OJ, Pnut butter, honey, strawberries, blueberries, bananas (Yes Mom, I actually put FRUIT in there.. REAL fruit!!!), and 2 scoops of protein powder. It came out the consistency of thick motor oil... and I thought, "How in the hell do these people eat this????" But, I ate a heck of lot worse when I was pledging in college so I just drank it. Since I'm not used to the taste of fruit, I kinda gagged the first few mouthfuls but then got it down. So if my body goes into shock, you'll know why. Then I made a scrambed egg sandwich and had some almonds for dinner. (Can you tell I'm avoiding the hip flexor thing since I'm writing about what I ate?) Actually, there is a point to all this. Dale did our bodyfat % today and the scale actually started beeping and telling me in this sexy computer voice, "Good morning, welcome to the Tanita fat analysis testing. Your name is Sean, you are 34 years old, your height is 5foot 8 inches. Please step on the scale to begin your test. [I step on the scale] Thank you.... We have recorded your measurements, please wait while we analyze and compute your results. [I wait patiently].... Are you ready for your results? If so, please press 1. [Since there is no keypad or anything to press, I'm a bit befuddled at the request, then she proceeds to say....] Based on your height, weight and bodyfat percentage we have calculated your fitness category to be.... [there was a slight pause]... a "Fat Bastard." Thank you for taking the Tanita body fat test and STEP AWAY FROM YOUR FORK!" Ok, so it wasn't quite that extreme, but here were my results: HT- 68" WT- 151.2 (I was wearing all my cold weather running clothes) IMPEDANCE- 522 (What the heck is impedence? Or do I want to know?) BMI- 23.0 (Doesn't this make me obese?) FAT FREE MASS- 126 (Is that like fat free yogurt?) FAT MASS- 25.2 (Yep, I gotta big lump o' fat) TOTAL WATER- 92.2 (Wait, I'm in Finance and the math doesn't add up) FAT%- 16.7& (Yep, why she said I'm in the Tanita "Fat Bastard" grouping) Then in the "Summary Analysis" my final results stated that based on my age/bf% that I am in the "Desirable Range." So you see ladies.... now that there's undisputable scientific evidence that I am "DESIRABLE," you can now begin forming a line ...... :) Hope everyone had a good day!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 1 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 1 RHR: 55 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 5
Bike
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----

Did easy spin on the trainer to work out my legs. Watched IM Hawaii video.

Run
  • 16m 48s
  • 1.98 miles
  • 08m 29s /Mi

Did a very short brick and took Darby for a short run. I wanted to run longer but had a "work" dinner with our team and several folks from out of town.

Saw some cardiac drift from getting off the bike. I think it may be from either a lack of sleep or from cardiac drift?

Strength
  • 30m

Good strength training workout today. I lifted a little heavier than normal but I felt more comfortable as I felt like my form was much better. I'm still a little sore from the lunges yesterday, but that happens every time i do those things.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Spent about 20 minutes stretching out my hamstrings and piriforma-pain-in-the-ass-is. The rt piri... is still hurting but I'm stretching it everyday. Dale said to drink more water than I already am and that it might help. I'm going to request my boss put a porta-potty next to my desk; either that or simply move my office to the AP1 bathroom. :)

Did morning strength training workout and it went pretty well. Plan to run or bike in the afternoon depending on the weather; maybe do a short brick? Just got to work and I am SO sleepy! Can't keep my eyes open!!! Looking forward to starting the HIM program next week!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 5
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

Did a Spinnervals workout at TTS this morning with Dale, Scott & Marsha. It was a pretty tough one. We did lots of work in the big ring and 12/15 on the back on intervals. In the middle, we did 4 sets of lunges.. NICE. my legs felt like jello and I was having trouble with form towards the end. But hey, that's the point. Then we got back on and did some more big ring work. It was tough keeping my HR down towards the end of the intervals.

My legs don't really feel all that strong yet, but as we start doing some more rides outside and begin doing some hills, I'm sure I'll feel a difference like I did a couple weeks ago when I did the Sleepy Hollow ride.

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 3200.00 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards

Swam Masters Swim tonite:

WarmUp:
200 Choice
200 Overswitch/Swim 50-50
200 Kick
200 Pull
200 1-arm/ Swim 50-50

Main:
10 x 200
Descend 1-4
Easy 5
Descend 6-9
Easy 10

Cooldown:
200 Choice

Strength
  • 45m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Bicycles
  • ABS - Crunches (FB)
  • ABS - Crunches (FB)
  • ABS - Crunches, Lying Oblique
  • CHEST - Pushups (FB)
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Reverse HyperExtension (FB)
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • CORE - Supine Leg Curl (FB)
Today is a 2-fur workout day. Bike in the am, masters swim at night. I drank some chocolate milk after my am bike session with the intention of getting some whey protein at breakfast. But I forgot my oatmeal... so I guess I could have yogurt and a scoop of protein? Core workout and stretching went pretty well. I'm pretty tired but still have over an hour before swim practice. Sometimes I wish we had practice earlier... so sleepy.... 9:00pm~ Swim workout went pretty well. It was a PACKED house and I swam in the 2nd to fastest lane. I led on all but the last 200 as Mike G wanted to go under 3 min so I stayed on his feet (as much as I could) and he came in about 2:45 and I came in on 2:58 for the last 200. Shoulders are pretty wiped out right now, but felt good to get back in the pool. Talked with Coach Nancy afterwards and she said there is a Masters Swim challenge where you swim for an hour and you just see how far you can go. She asked me to do that so I think I might do it. What do I have to lose? Except maybe whatever is in my stomach from drinking too much pool water? (Or maybe some excess cookies!)

• Calories: 1276 From fat:117.63 (6.21g, 9.22%), From Carbs:903.93 (107.34g, 70.84%), Protein:254.44 (30.21g, 19.94%)
Run
  • 53m 53s
  • 6.26 miles
  • 08m 37s /Mi

Ran 2 miles with Darby. Then did the last 4 miles on my own. Kept HR down in my zone.

REST DAY! Got a pretty good night's sleep and am now off to work. Today's the day I'm turning over a new leaf at work. Wish me luck! :) Happy Monday! ------------------- 8:26am: Ok not so happy Monday. I came into work and just found out that Bobby Petrino, UofL's football coach is jumping ship to take the head coaching position for the Atlanta Falcons. Please SAY IT AIN'T SO Bobby!!!

• Calories: 1433 From fat:171.89 (14.3g, 12%), From Carbs:671.29 (125.64g, 46.84%), Protein:589.82 (110.39g, 41.16%)
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 1h 31m 17s
  • 25.75 miles
  • 16.93 Mi/hr

Did long ride with Dale and TTS. We'd originally planned on going for 50+ miles today, but the weather did not cooperate. High 30's/Low 40's throughout the ride, overcast and light wind. Stayed very low HR throughout most of the ride. Good recovery ride for the week so I will hopefully be recharged to start full-bore training this week.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 2

TriSean99's Training Log

January 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance