Decided to take the morning and sleep in a couple extra hours. Unfortunately, I got stuck at work late so a day I'd planned on catching up w/ some sleep didn't quite work out. Body feels like it needed a little break. Massage w/ Dee Dee yesterday really helped out. She was finally able to work out that pain in my butt that was killing me to even sit down! Tomorrow is a light 6 mile run in the morning and Masters Swim at night.
Bike
  • 35m
  • -----
  • -----

Did 35 minutes easy spinning in the small chainring to flush my legs. I'm a little sore from yesterday's race and am pretty tired this morning.

Strength
  • 45m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches (FB)
  • BACK - Bent-over DB row
  • BICEPS - DB Curls
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • SHOULDERS - Standing DB Press
  • TRICEPS - Dumbell Kickbacks

Did strength training at home before going out.

4:02am ~ Woke up at 3:40 this morning because I have to get stuff ready for my am workout and to go back to work today. I expect the day to be pretty bad, lots of people throwing a TON of emails around. UofL plays in the Orange Bowl tonight at 8pm so I won't get much sleep tonite. Maybe I should take tomorrow off and try to "sleep in" till 5:30 or 6:00? My body could use a rest from yesterday's race. Even though I stretched, I'm pretty sore this morning.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 54 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 12m 03s
  • 10.00 miles
  • -----

Did the Hangover Classic this morning. See Race Report.

Dale.. please don't freak out when you see my HR. I felt pretty comfortable the first 7 miles. :) Tomorrow, it's back to my <141.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Whoo Hoo!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 55 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 5
Bike
  • 1h 04m 27s
  • 18.66 miles
  • -----

Did the Spinnervals Aero Base Builder III with the training studio today. The weather was so warm this morning, but pouring down rain. It's noon now and it is BEAUTIFUL! If I didn't have a 10 mile race tomorrow, I'd go out for a 2-3 hour ride.

Workout was good, kept HR low and under MF max of 141. Though towards the end of the workout, it was getting a little tough and I was experiencing some drift.

Had a large coffee, a glass of Chocolate Soy Milk and some chocolate chip pancakes after the workout. Yummy!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 50m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 20s /Mi

Ran a new 6 mile course this morning with Team Training Studio. Course overall was pretty hilly and focus was to keep avg HR down below 141. Was pretty tough, had to slow down to almost a walk at some points.

Piriformis is still pretty sore but spent about 20 minutes trying to get it stretched out along with my hammys. Legs felt pretty dead at the end of the run but overall, it was a good workout.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 56 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 32m 48s
  • 28.39 miles
  • 18.40 Mi/hr

Biked the Sleepy Hollow/ Covered Bridge course today. How in the he** did I ever keep my avg HR <141 I do not know. Those are some SERIOUS hills... which is obviously why I did them; to get STRONGER, but there were some times I was thinking, "When will this hill be over?"

It was SO beautiful out today. High 50's and sunny so I just HAD to get out and spend some time in the saddle. For the most part, the cars today were pretty accomodating, but those a-holes on motorcycles nearly ran me off the road... every last one of them. Maybe next time, I'll accidently drop my water bottle up in the air as they pass or simply spray water and see how they like it! (Not that I'm bitter...) LOL!

Workout overall felt good and I can tell all the strength training is helping. I was pretty much shot after 1.5 hours and was thinking... well, I'm almost a 1/4 of the way there now.

Run
  • 21m 17s
  • 2.58 miles
  • -----

Decided to do a short brick after the bike today to get accustomed to running off the bike. Legs were as expected.. like jelly and my first mile was at 8:04; entirely too fast. I always have a tendency to take off on a brick. I think it's a combination of being happy to have my a$$ off the saddle and the high bike cadence/muscle memory. Something I will desperately need to work on in the coming months.

Felt like I was going SO slow but my HR was much higher than I was trying for. Keeping the ol' ticker under control is getting increasingly more dificult. I'm wondering if maybe it was the fact I was sweating a lot, didn't eat lunch, or needed some nutrition... or simply the fact I was running too fast? :) Ahhh, well maybe I should just flip a coin!!!

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Did all kinds of strength exercises with Dale today, most of it was new stuff I'd not done before. A lot of upper body stuff while balancing on one leg.

Woke up pretty tired this morning. Even though I've backed off on the training this week, I've not really felt "recharged." Overall, I feel just plain 'sluggish.' I guess that's normal for this time of year w/ the holiday and all. I'm looking forward to actually starting my training plan and having some greater structure around my training. Right now, I just feel like I'm putting in some junk miles. My right hip (butt) is still hurting from last Saturday's run. I thought the massage would help, but i'm not sure we really got it all worked out. I'll ask Dale about it this mornining on how I can stretch it out. Hurts like you know what! Hope everyone has a great training day!!!! :) Evidently that part of my a$$ that is hurting so bad is my piriformis. He showed me some good stretches and though it feels better now after stretching it, actually stretching it was not a heck of a lot of fun. Ahhhh, the end justifies the means! Good bike and brick today. Felt nice to get outside and do that! Bad email today, I'm sad..... :( :( :(

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 54 Hours slept: 6
Bike
  • 47m 18s
  • 14.28 miles
  • 18.10 Mi/hr

Tooled around the neighborhood today. Did several hill repeats in Oakhurst to build some strength in my legs. Felt pretty good. It was close to 60 degrees out and I went past some kids today several times doing repeats and they said to me, "Wow!!! You go REALLY REALLY fast!)

:)

Run
  • 48m 39s
  • 5.50 miles
  • -----

Ran this morning with Dale and the Doc. Felt pretty good but ran pretty slow to keep HR down. :(

Had bad work dreams last night. :( Woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep. No bueno..

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

TriSean99's Training Log

January 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance