Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

Did a Spinnervals workout at TTS this morning with Dale, Scott & Marsha. It was a pretty tough one. We did lots of work in the big ring and 12/15 on the back on intervals. In the middle, we did 4 sets of lunges.. NICE. my legs felt like jello and I was having trouble with form towards the end. But hey, that's the point. Then we got back on and did some more big ring work. It was tough keeping my HR down towards the end of the intervals.

My legs don't really feel all that strong yet, but as we start doing some more rides outside and begin doing some hills, I'm sure I'll feel a difference like I did a couple weeks ago when I did the Sleepy Hollow ride.

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 3200.00 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards

Swam Masters Swim tonite:

WarmUp:
200 Choice
200 Overswitch/Swim 50-50
200 Kick
200 Pull
200 1-arm/ Swim 50-50

Main:
10 x 200
Descend 1-4
Easy 5
Descend 6-9
Easy 10

Cooldown:
200 Choice

Strength
  • 45m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Bicycles
  • ABS - Crunches (FB)
  • ABS - Crunches (FB)
  • ABS - Crunches, Lying Oblique
  • CHEST - Pushups (FB)
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Reverse HyperExtension (FB)
  • CORE - Side Planks
  • CORE - Supine Leg Curl (FB)
Today is a 2-fur workout day. Bike in the am, masters swim at night. I drank some chocolate milk after my am bike session with the intention of getting some whey protein at breakfast. But I forgot my oatmeal... so I guess I could have yogurt and a scoop of protein? Core workout and stretching went pretty well. I'm pretty tired but still have over an hour before swim practice. Sometimes I wish we had practice earlier... so sleepy.... 9:00pm~ Swim workout went pretty well. It was a PACKED house and I swam in the 2nd to fastest lane. I led on all but the last 200 as Mike G wanted to go under 3 min so I stayed on his feet (as much as I could) and he came in about 2:45 and I came in on 2:58 for the last 200. Shoulders are pretty wiped out right now, but felt good to get back in the pool. Talked with Coach Nancy afterwards and she said there is a Masters Swim challenge where you swim for an hour and you just see how far you can go. She asked me to do that so I think I might do it. What do I have to lose? Except maybe whatever is in my stomach from drinking too much pool water? (Or maybe some excess cookies!)

• Calories: 1276 From fat:117.63 (6.21g, 9.22%), From Carbs:903.93 (107.34g, 70.84%), Protein:254.44 (30.21g, 19.94%)
Run
  • 53m 53s
  • 6.26 miles
  • 08m 37s /Mi

Ran 2 miles with Darby. Then did the last 4 miles on my own. Kept HR down in my zone.

REST DAY! Got a pretty good night's sleep and am now off to work. Today's the day I'm turning over a new leaf at work. Wish me luck! :) Happy Monday! ------------------- 8:26am: Ok not so happy Monday. I came into work and just found out that Bobby Petrino, UofL's football coach is jumping ship to take the head coaching position for the Atlanta Falcons. Please SAY IT AIN'T SO Bobby!!!

• Calories: 1433 From fat:171.89 (14.3g, 12%), From Carbs:671.29 (125.64g, 46.84%), Protein:589.82 (110.39g, 41.16%)
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 1h 31m 17s
  • 25.75 miles
  • 16.93 Mi/hr

Did long ride with Dale and TTS. We'd originally planned on going for 50+ miles today, but the weather did not cooperate. High 30's/Low 40's throughout the ride, overcast and light wind. Stayed very low HR throughout most of the ride. Good recovery ride for the week so I will hopefully be recharged to start full-bore training this week.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 1h 19m
  • 9.50 miles
  • 08m 19s /Mi

Ran this morning w/ the new Training Studio team. Ran two miles with the team and met two pretty nice people. A guy who is doing the Louisville IM and a girl named Muffin. After we did the two miles, the run was over and Muffin said she was heading into the park for another 5-6 miles. Since I needed to get some miles in as well, I went with her.

We ran the 5 mile loop and then back to the Training Studio. Good run overall, but my avg HR was a little higher than I needed it to be. Probably due to no sleep this week, stress, the terrain in the park (very hilly) and that we were running a little quick. I need to slow it down on these long runs. (Not that 9.5 is really a long run)

Felt good the whole time but my right piriforma-pain-in-the-ass-is muscle on my right hip is still causing me some trouble. I'm going to shower then spend some time stretching before taking darby to Feeders to get a bath.

Feel pretty tired and worn down from work this week. I can't take much more of this; too much poor planning on others' part creating firedrills for me. I'm going to turn over a new leaf next week, be more assertive and flat out begin saying NO to some of them. Ok, enough soapbox for today. I'm pretty excited about the new team. Two of my friends joined the team, Kristen and Tammy and I think they are going to have a BLAST! This group is HUGE, there were probably 60 people out there today. Everyone is broken into pace groups and Dale even has me as a pace leader for the fastest group, the 8:30. (Maybe his way of reigning me back on these long runs????) LOL! Actually, I'm pretty excited about it and I know the lower HR training is helping. Though I'm still somewhat skeptical, my last race result is 'proof in the pudding' that this is starting to work. In fact, I'm actually seeing my HR drop somewhat when I'm running at a faster pace. I think I'm going to skip the swim practice today and sleep. I really need the rest and I'm just very fatigued right now. I want to take today as a rest day and start the next week off right! So with that.... shower, take darby to get a bath, grocery, then........ BED! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 1 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Skipped early am workout to get some extra sleep. Presenting all day to CFO and need to mentally be on my game. Looking forward to this day being over so I can get back to training!!! Planning on spinning my legs out tonight when I get home.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 1 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 57m 52s
  • 6.38 miles
  • -----

Ran easy with Dale and Scott this morning. Was able to keep my HR pretty low for the majority of the run.

Lots of stressful meetings today to prepare for presentations to CFO tomorrow. Heading off now to run, but SO not looking forward to this day. I will be glad when this week is over. 8:40pm~ Work absolutely sucked today! I got home a little after 8pm and Darby looks sooooo sad. She was here alone all day without food or able to go outside and go potty. I'm such a bad Dad. :(

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 1 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 RHR: 55 Hours slept: 5
Decided to take the morning and sleep in a couple extra hours. Unfortunately, I got stuck at work late so a day I'd planned on catching up w/ some sleep didn't quite work out. Body feels like it needed a little break. Massage w/ Dee Dee yesterday really helped out. She was finally able to work out that pain in my butt that was killing me to even sit down! Tomorrow is a light 6 mile run in the morning and Masters Swim at night.

TriSean99's Training Log

January 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance