Run
  • 4h 12m 31s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi
Swim
  • 1h 19m 13s
  • 3862.00 meters
  • 02m 03s /100 meters
4am...my alarm goes off.  I roll over.  Michele says to me "Are you ready to rumble?"  I laughed.  So, guess where she heard that saying.  Give you a hint...it was used for one of Louisville famous 'sons'.  

8pm.  Just got back to the hotel.  Thanks for the inspires and support.  This is one awesome race.  I've done IMFL and IMAZ and I think this is my new favorite.  It's so organized.  The bike course is beautiful.  The swim was fun...especially the TT start.  And Louisville is a fun town.  It reminds me of New Orleans.

Swim
  • 20m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m /100 meters

OWS at the swim finish. The water was a little more choppy than yesterday. Swam about 11' out going upstream. Only took 8' coming back. Should be a fast swim since most of it will be swimming downstream.

Bike
  • 20m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Rode the bike after swimming. Last bike check out before checking it into transition.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.30 miles
  • 08m 42s /Mi

Easy run around the race venue after riding my bike. Nice easy run. Felt good.

I've been thinking about goals for this race.  I have a time goal in mind.  But I think these goals are more important and if reached will get me to my time goal:

1. Stay positive and focused throughout the day.
  2. Work at the task at hand; stay in the present.  What do I have to do right now to have my best race possible
  3. Accept and adapt to whatever the day brings.
  4. Stick to and excute flawlessly my race plan (except when #3 above comes into play).
  5. Never give up.
  6. Time goal: 11:30

Went to the athlete's dinner last night.  Met some BT'ers.  Mike Riley always does such a great job MC'ing the dinner. 

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 02m /100 meters

OWS in the Ohio River. The water was awesome...cool and calm. Had a good swim. Felt comfortable, swam straight and bilateral. I have a feeling they will make this a wetsuit legal race.

2 pm.  Just returned from a drive of the bike course.  Wow!  Can you say "hills".  The course is always going up or down.  Very little flat area.  It's going to be fun.  We stopped in the town of Le Grange to eat.  The people there go all out for Ironman.  I spoke to a couple of locals who were volunteering.  They were very nice and excited to have us there.  Michele is going to have fun visiting all the shops in La Grange while waiting for me to show up on the bike. 

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

Easy run along the river front in Louisville.

Made my way to Louisville, KY.  We stopped at some friend's house in AR along the way.  It was great to see them.  Picked up packet and then walked around 4th Street Live (the finish line).  Should be a great venue.  Both Michele and I are impressed with Louisville.  We never would have thought to come here for vacation or any other reason.  But it's really nice.  Tomorrow I'm doing the practice OWS. 

Thanks everyone for the inspires.  They are very much appreciated.  I'll be thinking about you guys on Sunday.

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 08m 34s /Mi

Easy steady state run.

Packed up and ready to drive to Louisville.  The weather forecast is looking great for race day.  I hope that holds up.

Run
  • 52m 28s
  • 5.95 miles
  • 08m 49s /Mi

Nice morning run. Added in 5x90" strides. Weather was great. Felt ready.

Bike
  • 1h 24m 56s
  • 23.60 miles
  • 16.67 Mi/hr

Steady state ride with a few pickups thrown in. It was hot and windy.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2900.00 meters
  • -----

WU
2x100 10"RI 25lt, 25rt, 50 swim

Main
6x200 20"RI mod-hard
2x500 30"RI race pace

CD

Ugghhh!  Sinus infection.  I get this after OWS in Lake Lewisville...every time.  Went to the doc today.  Got antibiotics.  He offered me a steriod shot to speed up the recovery since I told him I was racing this weekend.  Then he said I would test positive in a drug test if they tested at the race.  I said No to the shot and that they don't test AG'ers.  Maybe I should have said Yes to the shot.  I remember I once had a cortisone shot (or maybe it was pills take for 5 days) before snow skiing.  That was awesome.  I had so much energy and the altitude didn't effect me.

Happy Birthday to me.

Oh my, please stay like this.....

Sunday, Aug 30
High: 78 °F RealFeel®: 80 °F
Mostly cloudy and humid

zia_cyclist's Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29