Billerica,MA 

time for a little catchup bloggin. Sat was the funeral from hell. had lots of extra requests from the family, including having to jump down into a double deep to remove some water from the box. Only enough to be taken up by a rag. By the time I was done the family realized it was a swamp and it was not going to matter. I the process I messed up my shoulders from the big jump and climb back up. No swimming today, maybe by wed.

After funeral spent the rest of the day getting my pool pump straitended out. On sunday returned extra pump, and got ready to fix the boiler. Broke 5 of 6 bolts before getting done. Only one small leak to be finished latter

Woke up today, still sore, feel my age and then some this week. Ever since I backed off the training, I have felt beat up physicaly. My runs are still down, and that will change. Right now, if this kind of trackrecord continues, I will be turning Cranberry into a B race. I am not sure I could complete the run, and that is bad since I have a marry 6 weeks after that.

Just kind of feeling old right now, and I know that will change in a few weeks. I honestly think part of it is I have schedualed my races too few and too far apart. It seems anytime I do not race for more than 2.5 mos. I get into this funk. I will need to track it as a way to convince my wife for more races :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 8.5
Swim
  • 17m
  • 800.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

Finaly got to wear my tinted googles, they are too cool. As for the swim the first 400 was probably my fastes 400 without a wet suit yet. Was not realy tring to go fast, but I will always try to go faster than anyone else in the water except Paul :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Allowing myself to get out of ballance with the work and workouts comming at the price of some family time. Made some in roads on that today, and have more to come

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 1 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9.5
Was not able to get up for a workout. When I finaly got out of bed, got the dry heaves for about 20 minutes. When that passed I went to work. Still just a bit off my game, but I will be back on schedual tommorow

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6
Bike
  • 2h 05m 46s
  • 31.20 miles
  • 14.88 Mi/hr

We were planning on a SBR, but it turned into a longer bike due to DZ having a great loop to do up into Carlile. Was a very comfortable pace and since this is a "rest" week going slow was a good thing. Was only due about a 30 minute ride, guess I was a little over.

Did have a few personal issues on the bike, even when ridding with friends, I must sprint down everything in front of me. I even drafted what I think was a 1920's Ford (maybe a modle T) at about 20 mph for about a 1/4 mile. Would have chased further except I was dropping DZ and DK. I think I was also causing discontent with the driver as he kept checking over his shoulders to see if I was trying to pass :)

Went to Dunkies instead of the extra hour ride I was going to do. For some reason, gasbagging is just as much a part of this sport as T1 and T2 :)

Swim
  • 17m 30s
  • 800.00 yards
  • 02m 11s /100 yards

Ran just a little late getting to SL to swim with DK and DZ. Very glad DZ decided to wear my white swim cap and not his black one. Much eaiser to see in the early morning. Decent swim, had a great first 400

Had a great 4th, sister came down from Keene and parents came over too. All the kids had a blast in the pool. I got a litttle yard work done. Did wrench my back putting some stuff away in the garage, but feel better now. Then went to see Cars the movie. OUTSTANDING!!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 5

Ontherun's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance