Billerica,MA 

Anouther busted day of non workouts. Will be up for a big swim in the morning. That is the good part about training partners, do not want to let them down. :)

Had trouble getting to sleep last night, something that almost never happens. I was exausted and just wanted to doze, but no dice, up way to late to get up for a workout. Almost missed work I was asleep so deep. Thought I was doing anouther classic blue kind of day, but once I got moving all got better. Bought the boys at work break, and that made me feel good. I think that I am too tight with money sometimes, and putting it to good use can be thearaputic. Spent tons of time with the kids after work. Got nothing done but had fun :)

I just need to find the critical ballance between training, sleep, house work and most importantly my family. Oh yeah, work fits in there too, but that is not so important to me :)

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 2 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5

Awoke on tiime for a workout by the sounds of my clock radio at full blast! (thanks to my son). Decided that snooze was a better option. Well worth the extra "sleep" hit snooze at least 10 times :) :(

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6
9:30 AM, Max is out of the water and on the bike!
Bike
  • 2h 21m 29s
  • 40.30 miles
  • 17.09 Mi/hr

Planned on a 3 hour ride with the run. Got a slow start out of the house. Did not know where I wanted to go, so as usual I just made it up. Headed to Reading to ride around Lake Q. Past TAGP house. Into HP, up 125 to see the Trifury group head out for there ride. Then I headed home past Pomps. Real nice ride overall. Had the legs to go further, but prommised the wife I would be home so she could go out.

Run
  • 25m 14s
  • 2.80 miles
  • 09m 01s /Mi

Distance of the run is approximate. Got going on the run soon after the bike, just needed to grab the keyes to the car and hit the neccessary.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 18m
  • 800.00 yards
  • 02m 15s /100 yards

quick out and back with the chief. He decided to go without a wet suit, and that threw off his ability to go longer. We stood in the water for about 20 minutes after the swim and talked tris. The air was colder, so the water was good. Decided to get out to go to work not only because of the time, but because of the number of fish ramming into my leg :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 56m 34s
  • 6.32 miles
  • 08m 57s /Mi

Was looking to set a PR, but I need to focus on getting my milage up first right now.

Did get a little nausa on the run, not like me.

Ok, disregard the previous statements. New personal record. Old one was on 10/31/05 at 56:41. Better by 7 seconds. Not bad since this has been the longest run since probably May

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3

Ok, generic weekend catch up on all non training issues of the weekend. First thank God for the great training on Friday, saved my mind on the rest of the non training weekend. Had major issues with the kids sleeping, or lack there of over the weekend. For starters they normaly sleep on inflatable beds. This no longer seems to be working. Between the noise of them and the kids flopping, the can not get a good nights sleep. With that in mind, I kept trying to get up with the kids instead of the great morning runs I wanted. Trying to let my wife sleep.

Instead of convetional workouts, I got to go on a great nature walk with the kids on morning. Went around the lake and walked along the river. Got to have the kids toss rocks for awhile. Also took them over to see the Yankee Flyer at the Hobo. Great to see that old deisle being restored. Managed to also get in a little pool time, just no laps.

On Sat night, in-laws watched the kids while wife and I went to Whales tale water park. I count the stairs as a hill bike day :) lots of climbing. We had a blast! Something on the dare to be different list we just needed to do together.

Sunday was a catch up on sleep day for my daughter. Lots of lack of sleep issues at hand, so I got to watch some day off Tour coverage and got some sleep. Latter I got in the swim. Better yet was hangin out with my daughter by the beach when we finaly got some time together. She loves to "fish". Normaly with her Grandpa and no hook (do not tell her about the no hook) :) today there were a couple of boys "fishing" with nets for crawfish and little minows and catfish. We hunted for about 1.5 hours with them. She caught a baby catfish, I netted a larger fish that was too big for the buckets we were keeping the fish we caught. She and I have not have had that much fun together in a very long time.

Monday was back to Story Land. We had gone there on Friday on the way up. Spent over 8 hours there :) Had a great time despite the heat and sacattered t showers. Got home at 9 PM last night. Only drawback of the weekend was my left achilies. I got a small blister on my foot from not wearing any socks for the entire day. Some how I did not think I would be in those shoes all day. That is what I get for getting so used to wearing sneekers without socks :)

Overall it was a great weekend. Did not get my training in that I wanted, but we functioned well as a family. I would have loved for the kids to have been more cooperative, but that is why they are called kids. :) If I did not want the problems, I would not have chosen to get married or start a family, but that would not be very fun or rewarding.

Ontherun's Training Log

July 2006 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    30 31     

Time
    Distance