Billerica,MA 
Run
  • 44m 37s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 09s /Mi

This was truly a tail of two runs. I got out the door with pleanty of time for a good solid run of over an hour today. Had enough time to dawn the MP3 and go. Was cruzing. Realy felt my stride and tempo work comming together.

Then it got ugly. About 1/2 way out on the run, I needed to get back to the restroom. Was forced to walk sections until I got there. Once there, I cooled down too much to continue, so got a lift back to my car. Battled the stomach thing most of the day, but am better now.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 2
wife endded up on the double, so no workout available.
Bike
  • 1h 08m
  • 11.00 miles
  • 9.71 Mi/hr

drainer ride after the kids got to bed. Not much desire. Was schedualed for 4+hours today, so this is quite dissapointing. Would have settled for something closer to 2 hours. Never got into it and just kept sitting up. Oh well, tommorow is anouther day! Just hope I can work something in.

Tried to let my very tired wife sleep in today. Decided I would get a ride in on the drainer tonight. Still hope to accomplish that. Tommorows run is in jepordy right now. Wife is working an overnight double shift from 11:30-3:30 tommorow. I will see what I can do. Will probably skip the run, and try for the drainer again if I must.

BTW daughter fine, just bitching the other night I guess.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 44m 02s
  • 4.66 miles
  • 09m 27s /Mi

ok, finaly back on track at least a little. Wanted to go farther, but just glad I got in what I got in. Started my warm up and after only 2 minutes I was tempted to turn tail and go back. The temp was only 3, yes 3 degreees out. My face was sore, mouth burning, and just cold. The challange was the only thing keeping me going.

By the end of the run, my left eye had almost frozen shut. My winter knit hat (that I never run in because it is too hot) had a layer of frost on it. My glasses were iced up, and to top it all off, the family jewels were in full retreat. Was starting to think I was getting a little freezer burn on all exposed skin.

The good part was the run got done! Was looking for a longer run, but avoiding frost bite is a good thing :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3
Daughter came down with an ear ach last night, so I spent it rubbing her back till she fell asleep. Woke up with no issues.... will see again tonight. Car pooling forced no run this morning. If it was warm I would have run in. Turns out I could have gotten my gear shuttled in by my eventual ride, But the bitter blast was not worth the run today. Might find the mojo to get something in tonight before the kids go to bed.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

WARNING: VENT SEESSION for my future records, more so than to realy vent.

Yestday was just a giant cluster f*&%! Just one of those days for story telling years to come. Work had a totaly new experience, and it went about as well as could be expected, but still a giant cluster. Got home and my daughter had a bad day at school, academicaly. She followed it up at home with a less than stellar performance on chores. Then got an e-mail in reguards to some charity work I am doing, and it was not quite the news I  was hopping to see. Needless to say, I wanted a beer. Glad there was none in the house. I have however hit the girl scout cookies hard the last 2 days. My weight has been up, and I have been miffed at myself. Got on the scale today, and I am down 3 pounds! What the F*&%. Could someone please just tell Rod Sterling to let me off this ride please?

On a lighter note, I chose to sleep in this morning, just cause it felt like the right thing to do after yesterday. plus it was too cold out for a run, that could be done on Thrursday. Just as I am about to make lunch for work, my wife wakes up to vent. Sit with her to let out her work issues, but now I have to buy lunch at work. Oh well.

Get a call from wife at the end of work. Her car is overheating, no heat from the blowers for inside the car, and water in the driveway. Waterpump shot! good thing for tax refunds. :) Oh well, other work needed to be done on the car too, so will send it to the shop.

Wanted to run to work in the morning, but not sure I have enough gear there, let alone lunch stuff to do it. Runs to work normaly take at least 24 hours lead time to prep for. So I will get picked up for work, and will losse yet anouther chance to run tommorow.

Long story short, I plan on a ride/run brick of some sort tonight after the kids go to bed. That will at least keep me moving, positive and keep my running numbers up for this weeks challenge. Will attempt to run longer on Friday to make up for the run I should be doing tommorow.

If you have made it through this whole blog, you need to get some extra miles in ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 24m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 12m /Mi

Put this one on the calander, I ran on the dreadmill today. I wanted to make up part of the 3 miles missed the other day. For some reason this week is light on running miles, and that is ok due to extreame cold outside today. Will attempt to rearange the schedual to fit the warm up at the end of the week just a little better.

ERRR! glad we only get days at work like this once every few years :(

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 2

Ontherun's Training Log

March 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time