Billerica,MA 
Bike
  • 1h 22m 25s
  • 15.20 miles
  • 11.07 Mi/hr

two part drainer ride. half in the morning, the rest in the evening. Eveing ride was with the new computer set up on the drainer to be on line for longer rides and rest periods :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3

Woke up for a workout. My stomach was not happy with my dietary choices of my personal celebration of adding to my age. I forgot how much certain foods and quantities of drink can mess with the body. Evening did not bear fruit due to a hectic schedual and getting home at 9:30. Will just start in the morning.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

Took my birthday off :)

the following was posted to my Menttee group, but thought it should be place here as well.

I am posting my goals here for what I want at my race on June 3rd. I expect to finish in under 7 hours. With no swimming as of right now, I am going to spot myself 1 hour for the 1.2 miles swim and T1. I know I can average 12 mph on the bike in the hills, last weekend showed me that. I should be able to cover that in well under 4.5 hours. I am going to need to run my 1/2 marry in under 2.5 hours. If you do the math that equals 8 hours. I figure I will end up with the run being pretty close to the 2.5 hours, may shave about 10 minutes off of it. I hope to shave at least 15 minutes, and maybe closer to 30 minutes off the swim. The bike is where the race will take place for me. I expect to take at least 30 more minutes off there. So it should be doable. If I can bike the first loop of the course in a couple of weeks, it would help my confidence, but it is not neccessary.

hope that shows that even I have fears pushing forward into the unknown once in awhile. No added pressure for me but I believe there is actauly a 7 hour cut off for an official finish time. Add to that, this may be my last 1/2 IM for a few years. Too much training to be done with such young kids around the house. I am thinking maybe 3 years before I get anouther good chance at this. We will see. In the mean time CARPE DIEM!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 44m 52s
  • 4.66 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

quick run around the lake. Was working on pace for the 1/2 marry, but when passed, I needed to race :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 3h 21m 09s
  • 42.30 miles
  • 12.62 Mi/hr

Got up at the condo for a ride on the Kangamangus Highway in NH. Met up with TAGP and Max just past 9 AM. We headed up about 9:30. Very glad we got an early start. Wind picked up near the summit. Was quite comfortable out with a a long sleeve wickwear and ridding shorts and shirt. Snow ground cover increased as we climbed. Best site of the day was the river cutting through the snow pack on the banks, so pretty. Shoud have stopped and used the cell phone for a picture.

Made the top and stopped to decide on if we should go down to Sabaday falls. We decided it was a good idea. So glad we did. Hit 47.1 mph on the ride down!! Could have cracked 50 if I felt more stable. The wind had picked up and the bike got just a little squirly at that speed. Not worth a wreck to push the MPH up any more.

We climbed back up after a breif stop at the Sabaday falls. The ride back up kicked my butt hard! Made the climb up the first side feel easy. Lost about 10 minutes on Max and 6 to TAGP. All fun anyways.

Ride down was much slowwer. Mid 30's and had to pedal into the increasing head wind to keep the "free" speed up. Time was too short to get in a run afterwards, and I realy did not think my legs wanted to anyway, so we called it a day!

Thanks TAGP and Max for my birtday present of someone to ride with and kick my butt too :)

Bike
  • 37m
  • 7.90 miles
  • 12.81 Mi/hr

Quick ride into work. Needed to go slow with some road construction...no road, just dirt :(

Ontherun's Training Log

April 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
Time