Well Guys, Today is the first day I've been able to walk with LOOSE shoes on since last Saturday as my feet are all wrapped in gauze.

Reason .... Yours truely who we'll refer to as " DUMB @$$" for the next few weeks, failed to wear rubber overshoes while pouring his new concrete driveway and the lime in the concrete mix gave me 2nd & 3rd degress burns on my feet. To say the least things have been very uncomfortable. I've been real good about washing out the wounds twice daily ( which is very uncomfortable) and putting bacitration ointment on to reduce the chance of infection setting in. Haven't gone to the doctor yet as everything is looking better as of now and I have an appointment scheduled for next week anyway for other issues.

My biggest concern, other than infection is I might not be ready or able to participate in my first scheduled event June 7th if these wounds don't heal any faster than they are.

No scheduled workouts today. To day I'm doing a different kind of "Triathlon" replacing swimming, biking & running with ... pushing, pulling & finishing CONCRETE!!! Yep, it's "Driveway day" as its be described around our house for the past week.

The weather is finally co-operating and the team will be in place here at 06:30. "TEAM CONCRETE" as the boys are calling it consists of "my three sons" ( great show by the way as us "older folks will recall) 3 of their friends, My father-in-law 56 and yours truely 49 (and yes I have a much younger wife). 1st truck is scheduled to arrive at 07:00. Can't wait to see how many 21 - 26 year olds will get out worked by a couple of "old" guys. Understanding of corse that us "old farts" will certianly be feeling the "excersize" much more and longer than the youngster but we'll NEVER let on...

asaling's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • May's totals
  • April's totals