• -----

See race report

Swim
  • 57m 42s
  • 4265.09 yards
  • -----

See race report

Awesome race, and had a blast.

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEEING OUT THERE AND CHEERING US ON.

LOVE YOU ALL!!

Had a great time, and will do it again in the future.

Not much of anything today, just getting ready for the race. So much to do. Worked on the transitions bags this morning, and got everything ready. Same for bike. Short on cash, so unable to fix my bike computer. Will race blind.

In the later part of the afternoon, went to the BT social get together, and it was awesome. Great food, great people, and lots of fun. Really enjoyed placing a face with everybody. Sorry had to leave early, but had a race to do in the morning.

Love talking to you all. Thanks you AZ for hosting an awesome social. Cheers!!

Bike
  • 30m
  • 7.00 miles
  • -----

Did a nice short ride around the neighborhood where I live, and felt really good. The rear wheel will need to be trued on Saturday morning because it did feel a little whoobly under my rear end, and front brakes adjusted. But felt good overall. Great ride also.

Swim
  • 25m
  • 1640.42 yards
  • -----

Whent into the lake for the Gatorade Open water swim, and did a nice short stroll for a few yellow buoys. Felt good in the water, and it was a littly chilly today, but not too bad. Felt actually good after a while. Wet suit felt good also, but just a little tight in the chest, but just fine. Great swim overall.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Some stretching with all session, and felt good on all.

Got up this morning, headed to airport to pick Linsy up, then headed to T1 for a swim. Swim felt good. After that, just went in for check-in. Got everything we needed. Forgot chip in car, so dropped everything, and got my timing chip and had that registered. Now that is all done. Walked around for the expo, ran into cyclingmaniac and some other BT'rs. Great morning. Then headed home to have lunch.

Placed bike together, did a nice early afternoon ride, then just relaxed around after doing a few more adjustment to the bike.  Feel pretty good.

Later in day, headed out to pick wife up from sisters house, then headed to the athletes dinner and athletes briefing. While there they went through their usual stuff, and when asked about people who lost their weight for this competition, I just couldn't bilieveit, but was that person. OUCH! But as my wife placed it, it was about time that someone awarded me for loosing all that weight. In reality, lost 100 lbs, but gained a few on my cruise vacation, so right now, lost a total of 88lbs for this race.

Oh yeah, forgot to say that I won 1 YEAR FREE SUPPLY of Erin Bakers Supply of their goods. Pretty cool. Say that granola is my favorite breakfast, I am set for the next year. Thank You NA Sports for being so good to your people.

Ran into a few BT'rs today, and say ChrisM at dinner. He happened to be sitting right behind me.. Also, gymgirl was on the stage as the youngest female there.

Well that wraps up todays schedule. Good night, and see you all tomorow.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 9.5
Run
  • 20m
  • 2.04 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

Nice easy jog this morning so that I could stretch my legs one last time. Felt good and pretty much as ready as I can for the weekend.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Did a nice short stretching session both before and after my jog. Felt good to keep the elasticity in all my muscles.

Well, did a nice short session this morning before the long travel day to Tempe for the Ironman this weekend. Also performed a tune-up on my bike this morning to cleaned it as best as it could be done.

Around lunch, wife headed out for work but will be back tonigh, and meet me up in Tempe by flying there tomorow morning.

Left house around 1300, to drive out. Took a few stops along the way. Drive was pretty smooth overall, no wind out there, and kicked some time. Got there toward evening. Stoped at food store to supply on some basic needs for the kitchen.

Got there, unloaded everything, and then we headed out to bed for another good night sleep.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 10
Swim
  • 45m
  • 2952.76 yards
  • -----

400 Swim
400 Kick
400 Pull
400 SD

8 X 100's Tempo Int. 1:30
4 X 50's Tempo Int. :45

100 back/breast cool down

A little harder to get out of bed this morning, just wanted to sleep in. But still did and did a real short swim workout from my plan.

T-4 till race start.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 30m 02s
  • 3.07 miles
  • 09m 47s /Mi

Run on the threadmill, and felt OK. Still feeling heaving on the foot, but that is just something I need to get over since that is where my weight is at. Just move on, and get mentaly reaady to have fun Sunday.

Feeling good  so far, and wife keeps on working on my mind to get me ready. Great support there right now. 

"One stoke at a time, One pedal stroke at a time & one step at a time will get you to the finish line!"

Good luck to all other BT'ers who are racing, I know that everyone will get there at the finish.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 30m 04s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

Good easy run on the threadmill, and felt OK. Chest been feeling a little tight lately, but doing good on the Threadmill.

NO HR data since it appears that I have lost the chest strap, and cannot find it. :(

Swim
  • 45m
  • 3062.12 yards
  • -----

Warm-up
400 swim
400 kick every 3rd 25 sprint
400 pull every 3rd 25 sprint
400 SD
Main
10 X 100's 75easy 25 sprint R:10sec
Warm Down
200 Easy

Thanks for those of you who stopped by. Just been working like crazy and trying to put in some training between. Just had very little time to reach the computer for logging. Will get things caught up. all current logs are in my paper spread sheet right now. Need to keep as much as precise my year is done.

I am definitively done for the year, and need a long break, say 3 weeks until I start again for FY09 season with a blast. Will post more for January1st, be on the lookout for a new web page. Cheers.

T-6day for IMAZ, and just want to finish. Love you all.

Weekend coming fast, and still nervous, but looking forward on seeing everyone there. Happy tapering, and see you all there.

devouahy's Training Log

November 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals
  • 2012 totals