Bike
  • 33m 07s
  • 12.50 miles
  • 22.65 Mi/hr

Bike was a course around Fiesta Island and a triple loop. Course had sand and some mud puddle. A little crowded, but managed to pass around the other people. Took me the first loop to get the breathing pattern back under control, but finally felt better by second loop. Then worked my pace and gears around the up and down course. Had a blast.

Run
  • 29m 26s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

Work the out way OK. Had a nasty side itch around the aid station, worked it off, then pushed it through on the way home. Placed myself behind one the the college girls that had a good paced. Everytime she picked up, I picked up, and kept up. rode the last 1 1/2 mile home right on her tail. Thanks for pushing me who ever you were. Very happy with my pace overall, and this was one of my better pre-warm up season races.

Swim
  • 06m 53s
  • 546.81 yards
  • -----

Swim felt good and cold. Water temp was 58'F. Came out second out of the water for the 35-45 age group wave that I was in. Felt crappy toward the last 250 yards. Pace felt good, so couse must of been a little longer, because I know I swam faster than the pace listed above.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Some stretching before and after the the race. Felt a little tight and much better.

In the afternoon, headed to Wild Animal Park with the family. Parents and wife. We had an awesome time walking around the park. Was up and down hill, and by the end of the day, I think my feet were done. Great day, and temp warmed up to the 70's. Had a blast. Lots of up and downs around that place, and saw a lot.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 2h 00m

Some stretching before and after the the race. Felt a little tight and much better.

In the afternoon, headed to Wild Animal Park with the family. Parents and wife. We had an awesome time walking around the park. Was up and down hill, and by the end of the day, I think my feet were done. Great day, and temp warmed up to the 70's. Had a blast. Lots of up and downs around that place, and saw a lot.

Itemized HR monitor data is all combined for the whole race. Placed details into the run portion of the race.

I will be filling the details of the race when we get home Sunday night or Monday morning. But overall, I am very happy with this race details. This was a C race, but worked on the transitions and felt good. Overall Official Sprint time was 1:13:48.

Great over all, and very happy. Cheers.

Going to San Diego Animal park with my parents this afternoon, and enjoy some time with family.

Had a blast at Wild Animal Kingdom with my parents and my wife. Great day, with some finally warmer temps.

Great job to eveyone else who raced today, and good luck to those racing this weekend. You are all doing fine.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 7

Packing up the truck and heading out to San Diego for the Tritonman Race. Should be fun. Forecast shows a break in the rain for race day. Please pray it stay clear. After that, don't care.

Good luck all on your races this weekend. Cheers!

Swim
  • 1h 10m
  • 4702.54 yards
  • -----

Yes, training calls for another swim this morning. Felt OK in the water, and worked more on distance sets today. Felt OK again this morning, but not great.
Warm-up
500 Swim
300 Kick
500 Pull
400 SD
Main Set
3 X 500 R:20sec Pull
5 X 100's Int. 1:45 IM
8 X 50's Int. :40 Tempo
Warm Down
200 Easy Stroke
Good workout overall.

Swim workout felt OK this morning, and I'm really wishing that this would change. I need to start feeling great again in the water, and feeling that I am flying. This sluggish thing has to STOP.

Hope everyone is doing great, and good luck to all this weekend on your all races. Cheers!

PS. Stop by the wife's logs, she's a new member to BT. "LinsyD"

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 20.40 miles
  • 20.40 Mi/hr

Computrainer session at home. Felt a little slugish on this session, but problably from the lack of a lot of cycling over the last 2 weeks. I'll have to change that after the race this weekend, and get back on the wagon. Race is in less in 6 weeks for CA. Ouch!
1hr S2 training session. Picked the Eagleman Course. 15min AET1 warm up, then did 8 x 2min high gear and 2min recovery with 100+ cadence, then 15min AET1 cool down.

Run
  • 20m 14s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 10m 07s /Mi

Did a short run after the bike. Felt tight in the chest as if I had a cold, and pushed it through. OK run.

Swim
  • 1h 25m
  • 5249.34 yards
  • -----

Good swim workout this morning. Modified the workout for longer distances throughout the workout.
Warm-Up
600 Free (every 4th 25 stk)
400 Kick (last 100 strk)
600 Pull (every 4th 25 stk)
8 X 50's Stroke Drill
Main Set
5 X 200's Int. 2:45 (Pull)
10 x 100's Int. 1:20 (fins)
12 x 50's Int IM Int. :50
Warm Down
200 Easy Stroke work

Felt OK during the swim. Just feeling a little heavy in the water, and trying to work it through. Working medium paces this week.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Had to do some stretching before and after the swim. Body was very stiff this morning.
Additional stretching in the evening session. Felt tight.

Felt OK throughout the swim this morning, and paced the workout a little faster than normal. Need to work on my tempo right now in increase my speed in the water. So working some good pull sets with low intervals so that I can push harder through the water.

Keep it up tri-kids, and happy training. HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Training tonight went OK, but just worked it through. Feeling slugish lately, and just not 100% mentally into it. California will be here soon, and I have to really focus after this weekend, and get ready for California. I know my best friend Kevin is looking good on his training, and I can't let him beat me like 2 years ago. I have to stay with him, as his training hard. Challenges that I have to take head on. SO GET YOUR A$$ together, and start training!!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 5.5
Run
  • 19m 48s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 09m 54s /Mi

Quick short run during my lunch to stretch out the stress. Tired, but just pushed that mileage through.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2679.35 yards
  • -----

Short workout with the wife, and felt OK in the water.
Warm UP
400 swim
300 Kick
400 Pull
300 Stroke Drill
Main Set
10 x 100 pull Int. 1:20
Warm Down
50 Easy Stroke

Spent some time helping another friend with his technique as he was watching how I did my flip turns during my workouts and counting while I swam.
Very easy workout minus the main set that pushed my HR up as I was completing the set.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Short stretch before and after the run. Felt OK, but can tell that my body is pretty stiff.

Happy Tuesday all, and congrats to all who raced last weekend. Keep it up friends.

Oh ya, my wife is also on BT now. Her profile is LinsyD. Stop by and welcome her to the group. Cheers!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2

Today was a rest day for us. Didn't do anything except work around the house. In the afternoon, we spend the day getting the alarm system installed on the house, and finally secured.  After having some people try to break in the house 2 weeks ago, but I think the dogs scared them away, and the having Linsy's car broken into last Tuesday, it was the breaking back that trigered an alarm and monitoring systems around the house and the driveway. Can't take any more chances.

Hope everyone else is doing great. We spent the morning relaxing at the house and watching movies in bed, and spend family time with the dogs.

You all have a great day.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5
Run
  • 1h 22m 04s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 10m 16s /Mi

Pace was slow, but so was the terrain. Wet and wet. Tried to jog around the puddles along the roads. Lots of minor flooding and makes running dry a little harder. But felt OK overall.
Had fun with this run anyway, and happy about it. No walking, just kept a slow pace.

Got called in early this morning for a recall at work. Took care of business, then when got home, got to take care of my long run this morning. Felt OK. No cycling as it is still raining outside, and just plain old out. Need to tune up my bike or something like that before my race this weekend. Things not been too smooth with bike lately.

Felt OK on run. Just plain old tired. Can't wait to relax tomorow.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 52

devouahy's Training Log

February 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals