Bike
  • 2h 59m 20s
  • 56.00 miles
  • 18.74 Mi/hr

Felt OK on the bike. Happy as I just barelly broke the 3 hr barrier, and made it up all three hills. Legs felt OK on this section, and nutrition was OK. Bike was 3:15:43 last year, so happy with improvement with cut back on cycling I did this year.

Run
  • 2h 44m 35s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 12m 34s /Mi

Run started well, but then all fell apart with cramps and twicking my ankle in the sand. Yes the sand is back, so survived through it. 4x made it painfull. Very disapointed in my run with all the work i put into it this year. Will have to work on it harder for the next 8 weeks, and get some help.
As I said, very disapointed in my run, and will get re-focused.
Run was 2:58:34 so happy with improvement, but very disapointed with all the work I did toward my run. Expected a much bigger improvement.

Swim
  • 29m 26s
  • 2112.86 yards
  • 01m 23s /100 yards

Took off on my own on the swim and no body to pace and/or push me faster. So happy as it was over 2min faster than last year, but way slower than what I was hoping for. Also HR monitor died, so took me off game. No computer and nothing to monitor todays race.
Swim last year was 31:22 so happy with improvement.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Good stretching, had nothing after run in my legs. Felt really good to stretch.

Will post race report at some other point tomorow, but happy overall with results, but as I kept mentioning, I am very disapointed about myself on how my run went in this race. I have to figure out the nutrition on this course, train with it, and mentally get over this hump. I know I can do it, but I thought with all the runing I did, I would of done better.

Taking a few days recovery, then try to get back into the game. I will be back toward the end of the week.

Great job everyone else on your races last weekend, and awesome job.

Have a great week.

Thanks to Linsy, Angella and all Bt'ers out there cheering us up. Linsy, you rule and love you very much!! Best wife out there baby!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 5
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Easy stretch while in bed, felt good, and hamstrings felt tight then looser.

Good night sleep, and felt good this morning. Slow pace this morning.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 9
Swim
  • 18m 30s
  • 1312.34 yards
  • -----

Easy swim with othe BTers. Great time. Worked with Stuart on swimming through surf, and did well. Love this morning sessin. Water about 59'F right now.

Bike
  • 45m 43s
  • 9.90 miles
  • 12.99 Mi/hr

Rode around town and check the course out. Rode run course, transition, etc.. Kevin, Stuart and Jessica joined in. Easy cruising around, and good times.

Run
  • 16m 02s
  • 1.64 miles
  • 09m 47s /Mi

Jessica, Kevin and I took for a run, and did the sand section of the course. Run felt a little fast for me, they held a strong pace. Fun course overall, and good run. Thanks guys.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 25m

Got up this morning,and spent some time stretching my body, just trying to keep it loose.
Another stretch with cyling and running this morning. Feltt good overall.

Sleept OK last night, house was a little cold. My parents don't heat house much, so I added a blanket, and then slept much better.

Got up as I couldn't sleep much, (which is a good thing, as I don't sleep 10 hour night normally); and did some stretching. Feeling good, and now heading for breakfast, then out to Oceaside Pier to meet other BT members for a tri workout. Should be a good one, then ... next session is Saturday for the race. Friday is total recovery. Cheers!

Had lunch with other BTers, and great times. Then got call from Linsy, so headed to San Diego to pick her up. Got home, relaxed, she made pasta dinner, and awesome meal. Great times.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 10.5
Bike
  • 31m 12s
  • 9.34 miles
  • 17.96 Mi/hr

Took my old tri steed out for a spin, and she felt pretty good. Checked everything, shifted OK, chain did pop off, but will have to gently shift from small to big ring, rear cogs felt OK, so I think she will be just fine on the course. Just got to make sure right gear is set before I set the bike in the rack.
Good ride only the strand, and then rode a little on PCH. I love that ride.
Appears that the cadence sensor was working OK today, 79avg/96max. high HR was on a steep hill that I worked hard just to check legs. Felt good.

Run
  • 20m 12s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 10m 06s /Mi

Did a nice easy run along on the road, and felt pretty good overall. Just a fun evening watching the sun set over the ocean. Great evening to train.

Swim
  • 22m 32s
  • 1640.42 yards
  • -----

Headed for a swim from Oceanside pier, and water was cold, but addapted pretty quickly, and felt pretty good after my mind focussed on the swim. Felt good, and salt water is more buoyant after all.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Did some stretching after the run, and then more when I got home. All feel a little looser. Thanks to Dr. Woo in Vegas who worked on me on Monday. Massage and adjustment, left shoulder was actually a real mess, but all good now.

Here in Oceaside, CA and what a beautiful morning it is. Brisk, around 48'F, but very nice. Forgot what the morning dew was. Will  relax the morning, and just enjoy the day. Cheers.

Great training this evening, and felt pretty good overall. Good swim to the end of the pier, around and back. Bike ride felt good and so did the swim. Pretty excited for the race this weekend.

You all have a great rest of the week tri-peeps!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 10
Run
  • 32m 03s
  • 3.21 miles
  • 09m 59s /Mi

Nice easy run, and really enjoyed the beach. Fresh air, ahhhhhh! what a feeling.

Got up late this morning, and just taking it very easy this morning. Slow wake up and now packing my stuff for the truck.

Arrived in Oceanside around 1630 this afternoon, drove to the harbor, and things have changed. They can actually build a new bridge pretty dam fast if needed. I'll assume we will run over this new one. I couldn't see how we would run in the sand since water is streaming down, and not much access to go there. Checked the pier, and all looks very exciting. Definitively cool down here, and will be a chilly weekend.

Great short run along the beach, what a place to be. Gosh, do I miss the beach.

Rest of Peeps coming down, drive safe, and enjoy!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 9

Happy Monday tri peeps! 

Sleept in this morning, and just had a slow relaxed wake up. Took it relaxed as that is what my next few days are going to be. Will see how wife feels tonight, and maybe do a swim, but I'm open to relax as my logs call it a rest day.

Good luck all to those racing this weekend, and oh yeah! I met all my goals this month, so this year is finally on track. Hooyaah!! Cool

Picked up wife bike from having a tune up, and then had an awesome Sushi date at our favorite sushi place. Great food, and for some reason, it tasted better than any sushi  we've had before.

Leaving tomorow morning (late morning) to head to Oceanside California, and enjoy a few days off, and then have an excellent race this weekend.

Good luck everyone!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 2h 07m 21s
  • 31.20 miles
  • 14.70 Mi/hr

Rode with club ride again, but also rode with Linsy to build her confidence. We had roughly three group. Linsy rode with a few of us in the back, and we formed a pace line along 95, and she kept right up in there. Very nice job, and very proud of her. Best pace in a while. Fun ride. When got to golf course, I went with the boys for the full golf loop with some speed work, then rode back with Linsy again, and she kept right up. I'm sure she'll feel this one.Ascent today was around 900 feet on this session.

Great job to those who raced yesterday, and good luck today.

Great ride and wife did awesome this morning. Great job baby!! :) You'll do well in May, keep it up with the training.

Oh yeah, forgot to say that my Zipp's came in yesterday, got them all set up with the casset, and ready for next weekend.

In the afternoon, did a full front and back yard clean up, and since we have artificial grass in the back yard, I shop-vacked the whole back yard. Yeah i know, sounds weird, but it look lush green, and beatifull. All weeds are out for the front and back.

Than I finished tearing my bike apart and putting it back together. Did a complete strip minus the bearings. They look and feel good so far. All my wheel, crank, cassett, etc.. has been degreased, and the seat post has been re-epoxied for this race. Trying to make sure it stays where it should be. It has slipped about 1 1/2 inches down, and started to really have me push harder than needed, and my butt started bouncing on the seat post. Should be better  know.

Great job all on racing and training this weekend.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 7

devouahy's Training Log

April 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals