Run
  • 44m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 11m /Mi
6AM Not really sure how far or how long I ran. I know it was in the 40-minute ballpark. It was my first run from our new house and it was dark, cold, and miserable. I was planning on doing 12 miles but I was so miserable [probably due to 2 straight days of working on the house+2 straight nights of minimal sleep]. I had to poop so bad that I stopped at a fence post, dropped my shorts and let a yam fall out. It seriously looked like a yam! And it felt sooooooooo much better afterward! I was reduced to hunched walking and after relieving myself I was back in top form. Came back to the house and got Brynn and did another 11-12 min of running, then called it quits. My left foot has been hurting really bad so I've been icing it a lot. I have a strong feeling it's plantar fasciitis. I've decided that after the marathon I'm done for probably at least a month, if not more. Running, that is. And probably limited biking for the time being. I need to get back into swimming anyway, so it will work out.

Run
  • 1h 24m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi
6:30AM: 8 miler with Cam today. He ran about a minute backward and I think it thwarted his dreams to become the world's fastest backward marathoner. I felt fatigued the whole time [okay maybe there was a mile in there that I felt pretty good on] which I've been feeling this week. I'm wondering if it's sleep-related, nutritional, or because I did my longest run AND ride two days apart from one another. Guess it really is marathon taper time!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 31m 44s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 35s /Mi
5:30AM Weird run today. It was super dark for the whole run, so I couldn't see the mile marker pucks in the concrete. That disallowed me to keep track of pace and take mile splits. I started having to poop at about 2 miles in but thought I could push through it. Got to 3.2 mi and had to head in. I almost destroyed the toilet at home, it was pretty amazing. Add to that the fact that I was maybe 12 feet from a skunk who subsequently let off a stinkeroo [don't think I got any of it but once I was down wind I could sure smell it!] and the day was pretty much shot.

Bripod's Training Log

September 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals
  • 2022 totals