• 44m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 11m /Mi
6AM Not really sure how far or how long I ran. I know it was in the 40-minute ballpark. It was my first run from our new house and it was dark, cold, and miserable. I was planning on doing 12 miles but I was so miserable [probably due to 2 straight days of working on the house+2 straight nights of minimal sleep]. I had to poop so bad that I stopped at a fence post, dropped my shorts and let a yam fall out. It seriously looked like a yam! And it felt sooooooooo much better afterward! I was reduced to hunched walking and after relieving myself I was back in top form. Came back to the house and got Brynn and did another 11-12 min of running, then called it quits. My left foot has been hurting really bad so I've been icing it a lot. I have a strong feeling it's plantar fasciitis. I've decided that after the marathon I'm done for probably at least a month, if not more. Running, that is. And probably limited biking for the time being. I need to get back into swimming anyway, so it will work out.

  • 1h 24m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi
6:30AM: 8 miler with Cam today. He ran about a minute backward and I think it thwarted his dreams to become the world's fastest backward marathoner. I felt fatigued the whole time [okay maybe there was a mile in there that I felt pretty good on] which I've been feeling this week. I'm wondering if it's sleep-related, nutritional, or because I did my longest run AND ride two days apart from one another. Guess it really is marathon taper time!

  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 2
  • 31m 44s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 35s /Mi
5:30AM Weird run today. It was super dark for the whole run, so I couldn't see the mile marker pucks in the concrete. That disallowed me to keep track of pace and take mile splits. I started having to poop at about 2 miles in but thought I could push through it. Got to 3.2 mi and had to head in. I almost destroyed the toilet at home, it was pretty amazing. Add to that the fact that I was maybe 12 feet from a skunk who subsequently let off a stinkeroo [don't think I got any of it but once I was down wind I could sure smell it!] and the day was pretty much shot.

  • 3h 23m 50s
  • 45.08 miles
  • 13.27 Mi/hr
7AM: Biked from the Wabash trail head to Malvern and back. Quite the experience. About 16 miles in Ron, out of nowhere, totally divebombs onto the trail, smashing his shoulder and probably a couple ribs. We examined the scene of the incident and have concluded that a branch probably taco'ed his wheel and caused him to go down. There were no ruts in the road and he wasn't fooling around, so it was really weird to see him go down. After several minutes of letting him get a head about him we pursued onward until he started to feel faint and we stopped again and called for a rescue ride. We had to get to a cross street so he rode another two miles one-handed which was quite a feat considering the debris on the trail. When we stopped he ended up falling over onto his remaining good side into some tall grass. His shoe stayed clipped in and he toppled over. We finally got him into a vehicle and on his way to the ER. As far as the rest of the ride we managed a pretty good clip. It was only a few miles to Malvern so we got there and ate at Casey's [nothing else was open- Labor Day. D'oh!]. I had two donuts and a chocolate milk. We got going again and made our way toward home. Stopped a couple different times for phone stuff to see if we could hear anything about Ron, but otherwise pushed onward. Felt fine body-wise, was just hurting in the rear-end due to limited saddle time in the past week+. This was my longest ride by over 15 miles! W00t w00t!

Bripod's Training Log

 September 2007 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
  • July's totals
  • June's totals
  • 2022 totals
  • 2021 totals