Bike
  • 1h 44m 47s
  • 18.00 miles
  • 10.31 Mi/hr

Frank Stark Celebration Ride

7:19pm - Well, got up early this morning and headed over to pick up my friend Amy, and we got on the road for the 45 minute drive to Boca Raton.  I had a good ride considering I haven't really been on the bike in months.  I am very proud of myself for having gone today.  This Hoss chick strikes another blow to my former couch potato self.  My hossness was in full force today.  Yeah Baby! ***  Made some changes to my season.  I booked a cruise for Sep.16th (I could not pass on the great deal), so I moved my first sprint tri to Oct.16th.  This means I will not be doing the Race for the Cure 5K on Oct. 15th, but I may be in good enough shape to do the 10K in Nov.  I've been thinking about joining TNT for the Disney Half-marathon.  Going to read up on it and decide this week.  I think it may kill several birds w/ one stone.  We'll see... 

There's nothing like participating in an event to get inspired.  Although Lance is doing a great job of that as well.

Go Lance!!!!!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 5
11:00pm - Would've liked to have slept more today.  Got home at around 2:30am this morning from night out at the club.  Have a great time w/ my "peeps" from work, and Amy joined us too.  (FYI - Amy is my best friend of going on 8 years now....  closest thing to a sister that I never had).  Didn't drink as much as other outings, but I wore these new heels that absolutely killed my feet.  It cut my evening short my feet hurt so bad.  Ugh... why do I insist on wearing heels anyway?  They are so bad for my feet!  I'm giving these shoes away to torture some other woman!  ***  I woke up at about 9am, and went to the office for about 3 hours, did a little shopping, and then came home.  I didn't expect that Amy would want to go the the bike event tomorrow morning.  So I figured I would rest up.  She called me to cancel at around 7pm.  I told her I was fine w/ not going and that my body wanted to rest.  But then I opened my big mouth and told her that sometimes these events re-charge your batteries, and light a fire under your butt.  She had cancelled b/c she hadn't ridden in a couple of weeks.  She wanted to go all out at every event.  I told her it doesn't have to be that way.  She said she would think about it.  She called me a couple of hours later all inspired b/c she was watching Lance on OLN doing the Tour.  We chatted on the phone watching Lance... sure enough at 10pm we said what the fuck... so we're going to ride tomorrow.  I myself haven't been too inspired to ride in months... but even if all I do tomorrow is 5 miles, I will be happy.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 6
Strength
  • 1h 00m

Kara had me do mostly upper body today. It was hard b/c she increased my weights. We also did a lot of core work w/ an 8lb medicine ball. Had a very good workout.

Sport #1
  • Dancing
  • 1h 00m

Treddy 5 minute warm-up, stretch, and another 10 minutes at 3.0mph.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 15m

Treddy 5 minute warm-up, stretch, and another 10 minutes at 3.0mph.

8:30pm - Had a good day at work.  I'm going dancing tonight!!!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Overall Workout: 5
Attended a special event after work today.  It was the end of summer camp show in which my 3 yr old niece Rebecca was performing in.  Well... if you call standing on stage a performance.  She basically just stood there, looking at her lion mask, playing w/ the string, while the rest of the kids danced along to the music.  My little niece Becky Wecky was fabulous though!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2
8:41pm - Had to drive 2 hours to Naples on firm business.  Wasn't too unpleasant a trip - thankfully the associate I accompanied is a nice guy.  The drive kinda wears you out, and my left leg is on the mend.  It looks awful though b/c its pretty purple bruised up.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 6
Strength
  • 1h 00m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • BICEPS - BB Preacher
  • CHEST - Seated Bench Press - Machine
  • LEGS - Outer thigh
  • LEGS - Seated calf raises
  • SHOULDERS - Shoulder Press - Machine
  • TRICEPS - Skull crushers

Strength workout w/ Kara. Did really well. My heart rate has really become more efficient.

9:14pm - Had a very productive day at work today.  Not looking forward to having to travel to Naples on business tomorrow.  At least I'll get some O/T baby.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 RHR: 85 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
I did not workout today.  I had to work late - and I was really tired and sore.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 1

carisima's Training Log

July 2005 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance