Run
  • -----
  • 4.00 miles
  • -----
Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Gigi walk (15min)

3:36pm - Folks, I had a really good race this morning.  I'm working on my RR report now.

4:53pm - RR is up!  Thanks to Mimi for cheering me on!  You rock girl!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 5
Sport
  • Walking
  • 50m

AM Gigi walk (30min); PM Gigi walk (20min)

8:13am - I've been sleeping the past few nights w/out the CPAP machine, and have been sleeping well, deeply, restfully and dreaming.  I think my sleep apnea may be cured.  I think this is so outstanding!  I'm on my way to getting off the meds too.  Today is all about preparing for tomorrow's DU.  I'm taking the bike to my LBS, I'm cooking some pasta, washing some clothes, preparing my bag... man, I can't believe I'm doing it tomorrow. 

Just uploaded a new photo, and avatar.  It looks a little fuzzy to me though.

12:39pm - Just got back from the LBS.  My bike's ready for tomorrow.  I wish I was.  Changing the subject.  I had pretty much decided to forego Costa Rica and get a new bike.  The trip was going to be very expensive, moreso than I've ever spent on a trip.  The practical side of me is telling me to spend the money on a bike, and possibly some storm shutters for the condo, depending on how much they cost.  Having just been at the bike shop, my decision is final.  I'm getting a new road bike.  The sales guy showed me the difference between a road bike and a tri bike.  I'm not ready for a tri bike.  He properly fitted me so I now know my size.  My mountain bike is just way to big for me.  My proper size is a 43 to 45cm, with the length to the handlebar being 43cm.  The mountain bike length to the handlebar was 10 cm longer - and a couple more cm from the floor up.  I felt so validated!  No wonder I was so uncomfortable.  I checked out a proper sized "Giant" with the clipless pedals - what a lovely bike!  What a difference - sitting on the seat my feet aren't on tippy toes.  Wow.  It can be outfitted with aero-bars later on if I want.  So, having made my decision, I'm going to research this.  And hopefully within the next few weeks I'll have a new, properly fitting bike.  Hopefully in time to be able to train a little bit for the Mar25 Sprint.  We'll see. 

10:09pm - I'm about as ready as I'm going to be for tomorrow's DU.  Wish me luck BT!  Wa-hoo!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8
Sport
  • Walking
  • 40m

AM Gigi walk (20min); PM Gigi walk (20min)

7:58am - TGIF!  Lost another pound!  I'm close to hitting a round number by Sunday, which is 4 mos since surgery.  Woo-hoo!

My brother ended up staying with the kids tonight, and I just stopped by and we hung out for a while.  It was nice... just hanging out with the kids.  The kids are so cute and funny.  And a handful.  My SIL's brother, George, is making very slow progress.  My SIL was with him again last night, and practically every night.  I can only imagine how agonizing this has been for her and her family.  I wish there was something more I could do.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 17m 04s
  • -----
  • -----

[AM Ride]
Zone 1
Burned 90 cal
Felt alright. Wasn't hating it like I did the other day. It took awhile for my HR to enter Zone 1. I'll do another ride after work today.

8:07am - Good morning BT.  Had a nice time last night at the Happy Hour.  This guy I met at Saturday's party joined me and we had a very nice time.  It was nice because he lives all the way in Davie!  We talked A LOT.  It was a nice change from some of the dates I've had in the past.  :-)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

10:50am - MS Ride Happy hour tonight.  I'm not feeling the love from my bike, I haven't been riding like I should.  and now I'm feeling nervous about Sunday's DU.  Even though I'm looking at it as practice.  I'm not looking forward to the discomfort.  But that's what this is all about, right?  Being comfortable with discomfort. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

10:50am - hope my BT peeps up north are staying warm.  Stay safe guys!

9:53pm - Not feeling too well today.  Decided to hit the hay early and skip my workout.

Run
  • -----
  • 1.00 miles
  • -----

Really, sucky, run. Walked the whole first half, and ran the rest of it. Well, the sucky part is all in my head. My body responded quite nicely.

10:24am - Oh God... what am I going to do this week.  I'm thinking I should start swimming next week, and just do as much bike as I can this week, with a little running.  Also, I'm thinking I should chuck Costa Rica and invest in a decent road bike.  All I know is I'm not happy riding on my mountain bike.  I thought it was a weight thing... but it turns out its also a bike fit thing.

carisima's Training Log

February 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28   

Time
Distance