Bike
  • 3h 03m 07s
  • 56.00 miles
  • 18.35 Mi/hr
Run
  • 2h 08m 27s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi
Woo hoo! Great race...everything really came together, and I am thrilled to have finished in 6:00:39. Race report up.

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 10m /Mi

Quick little run to loosen up the legs.

Swim
  • 15m
  • 500.00 yards
  • 03m /100 yards

Got in the Gulf to swim a little. Waves were rough and made it hard to see where I was going. Hoping it's a bit calmer tomorrow. Also, I think it's definitely cool enough for wetsuits.

Game on.

Sport
  • Pain Free E-cises
  • 30m

Included more race visualization as well as some yoga and TP.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.50 miles
  • 17.50 Mi/hr

Computrainer. Last tune-up ride. Included 4x1 @ z4 and 4x0:30 as fast as I could. Took as much rest as needed. Remainder of ride was easy. Cranked it out to my Lady Gaga station on Pandora.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • -----

Total guess on distance. Had an OWS practice with Tri 101 group. Swam back and forth across the lake. Goofed around. That sort of thing.

Sport
  • Pain Free E-cises
  • 20m

Included some race visualization in the routine.

Feeling better each day...still a bit sluggish...and hungry. I feel as though I have positive mojo for the race, though, so all is good. Only concern is water temp.  I am fine without a wetsuit, I just want the time I get with one. Tongue out

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 31m 55s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 10m 36s /Mi

Nice and easy run with Tri 101 group. Brought KC with me since she had been cooped up all day 'cause of rain.

Sport #1
  • Equestrian
  • 45m
Sport #2
  • Pain Free E-cises
  • 15m
Race is getting closer, I am getting sleepier. Maybe it's just the rainy, lazy day. Luckily, it cleared up for the run, but it got pretty chilly.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 39m
  • 1700.00 yards
  • 02m 17s /100 yards

100 drill
4x100 (25 kick, 50 swim, 25 kick)
4x50 LA freestyle
10x100 (odds pull, evens fast)

Sport
  • Pain Free E-cises
  • 20m
Feeling a bit peaked, but still swam faster than anticipated. Now I need a nap.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 27m 31s
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 02m 45s /100 yards

No way this swim was only 1000 meters. I am not fast, but neither am I that slow when racing. Others were commenting it was long...maybe 1300, which would be a better/normal time for me.

Bike
  • 56m 10s
  • 18.00 miles
  • 19.23 Mi/hr

Fingers crossed that this is at least close to the time I rode. I know it was under an hour because I came out of transition in 1:25 total time.

Run
  • 34m 30s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 38s /Mi

Maybe a bit faster? Not sure. Total race time was about 2:15 according to my watch. I didn't do splits, so don't have individual times. These are guesses only.

Results are not posted yet, so the times are guesses based on looking at my watch. I just started it for overall time, but did not take laps. (Actual times.)

Very good race. Ended up 3rd in my age group. And I really didn't think I had placed. Lots of ladies in front of me, and several looked my age-ish. I did pass 2 or 3 on the run, so that definitely moved me up. Swim time was disappointing until I heard others say it was long...perhaps as long as 1300, which would make my pace time way more reasonable. Fastest guy was out in around 14 minutes, which would seem slow for a 1k swim for a fast person...no?

Transitions may have been among my fastest. I went without socks for the first time, and I felt like I was in and out of T1 in record time (for me). T2 wasn't that much different, but I have become more efficient. If I go sockless, though, I need to lube the feet better. They were a little sticky getting in my running shoes. This is definitely a must-do for shorter races, but I think I will still run with sock at the half ironman on Saturday.

I am fairly certain that my bike time had to be at least 55 minutes or better, which finally puts me up in 20+ mph. The course was rolling, and we had some wind, so not perfect conditions. I pushed it hard...it was a sprint...all of it should be pushed hard.

Run started fast, and I had to pull back a hair because the first hill was right out of transition. It was a rolling run, but I thought it was great. I have gotten so much stronger these past several months. The up hills did not bother me, and we had a fabulously long downhill to the finish...I wasn't even breathing hard when I made the turn to the line. (That's not to say that I hadn't been otherwise.) I am hoping my time was a bit faster, anyway. I would like it to be my fastest sprint run...my fastest is an 8:40 pace, so I need to drop a few seconds off that 35 minutes to get there.

Anyway...definitely a confidence booster for Gulf Coast. If I can bike the course around 18-19 mph, that would be perfect. And if I can keep that run pace under 10 min/mile, I will be ecstatic. Swim is always a crap shoot depending on weather, wind, and wetsuit or no. So, we'll see.

Race report is up. And updated bike distance here. Advertised as 19, but apparently only 18. Fudge. I would have liked a 20+mph pace... 

kvesey's Training Log

May 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals