• 38m 09s
  • 13.00 miles
  • 20.45 Mi/hr

T2: 0:52

Run
  • 26m 59s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 08m 42s /Mi

I am tentatively feeling better today. I went to bed around 9PM last night (not sure when I actually fell asleep, but I don't think it was much better) - so I ended up with almost 10 hours of sleep. Nothing helps fight a cold like sleep! :)

So, tomorrow should be fun. There's a good group of club members participating and it's my sister's first race. I realized last night that she is in my age group - that's wierd! My parents and her boyfriend are coming down for the event too, should be interesting.

To Do:
- Pre-race Brick
- Packing
- Race Belt & Water Bottle for sister
- Car Wash

Planned Training: Pre-race Brick

• Health data: Sick: 2
Swim
  • 57m 10s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 52s /100 yards

Well, I can still swim, but it's not very fast!

4 x
- 50 Free
- 50 Kick

3 x
- 100 Drill w/Buoy (Catchup)
- 100 Pull w/Buoy

6 x
- 50 Fast Free
- 50 Fast Breast

1 x
- 100 Drill w/Buoy (Catchup)
- 100 Pull w/Buoy

2 x 100 mod IM (free, back, breast, free)

Yuck, I have a cold. I have that drained, snifly, coughing thing going on - and I'm NOT happy about it! :( I'm a little concerned that it affects this weekend's race, but it's just a race for fun. I wanted to blow it out, but I'll just do what I can on that day. I am very happy that this happened AFTER Steelhead, instead of before.

So, I picked the better side of the pool this morning. I recognize the fast people now and I moved myself to the other side. I was much better situated and we made our own "B" workout by the end when the intervals started. It was a little disappointed seeing my "speed" is gone, but I also know full well I am not willing to put in the time right now. I'm switching to marathon training focus and I'll just be doing my weekly masters class. My swim endurance is fine, I just can't go as fast as I used to. :)

swim

Planned Training: AM Swim

• Health data: Sick: 3
Run
  • 37m 06s
  • 3.63 miles
  • 10m 13s /Mi

Heh, I think I'm getting sick - crap! Going up every hill I felt like my heart was going to explode. Lots of water and praying that it won't totally mess up my race this weekend - bad timing...

Kirk's knee started hurting about 2 miles in, so we were cutitng the run short anyway.

We're close to halfway through the week - yeah! The olympics are really getting in the way of my sleep schedule - I hope next time we're not off by 12 hours for all the events. It's hard when everything we want to watch starts after 10PM! We ended up watching the second event Phelps swam last night on the web this morning, since I just couldn't stay up any later.

For any bargain shoppers, you really need to check out www.chainlove.com (if you haven't already). It's by the same people that run www.steapandcheep.com, but it's all bike related stuff. I have gotten a huge steal on bike shorts and a new bike jacket in the last week from there - so I wanted to make sure I shared my new "secret"!

Planned Training: AeT Run

• Health data: Sick: 2
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.65 miles
  • 15.65 Mi/hr

EZ bike on the trainer while watching Spiderwick Chronicles - which was a fun, good movie! :)

Yesterday's run was not quite the way I wanted to kick-off my run training, but at least I think it feels a little better today. I'm very glad that we decided to hold off on yardwork until after Steelhead at least - this is exactly why we have people to take care of most of the yardwork for us! ;)

So today is an easy recovery bike, most likely on the trainer after an appointment I have tonight. It's really nice having only one workout per day, mostly an hour or less too! I could really get used to this. We were even able to go out to dinner after the run last night - and still had time to go home and watch a few hours of the Olympics before bed! I do need to start watching how much I'm eating though, that's the downside. I don't want to gain back all the pounds I lost already this year.

Planned Training: EZ Bike

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.05 miles
  • 09m 46s /Mi

Warmup - descending pace. I debated this run throughout the entire warmup. It seemed the faster I went, the more I felt my inner thigh/hamstring - I called it a day after the warmup. Did some good stretching before and after the run, hopefully this will resolve itself quickly.

"You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming." - Frank Shorter 

It was a nice weekend, too bad it's already over! I started feeling like I was getting sick on Friday night, but thank goodness I am feeling normal today. I took lots of time to rest (even took a long nap yesterday!), lots of water, and zinc - hopefully I hit it early and I'm really not going to get sick now.

We had time to finally spread some mulch this weekend, which took almost 30 bags but looks really good. I do think I might have strained a muscle in my inner thigh/hamstring on my left leg somehow though - sheesh! I keep trying to stretch it out and roll it on the foam roller, still bothering me today, though.

This week's training
Mon
: Run Intervals
Tue: EZ Bike
Wed: AeT Run
Thu: Off
Fri: Pre-Race Brick
Sat: Georgia Vets Sprint
Sun: EZ Bike

Planned Training: Run Intervals

Sport
  • Race Volunteering
  • 3h 00m

Not sure how long we volunteered - but this seems like a good enough estimate.

hblackmon's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • February's totals
  • January's totals