Masters' class
WU 300, 4X25
MS 4 X 50 pace (averaged 1:01)
100 easy
2 X 100 pace (avg. 2:10)
100 easy
200 pace (4:48)
50 easy

Arms were very tired from this morning. Had trouble keeping in form, but didn't do too badly. I am really tired now.

Strength
  • 50m

Another so so training session with Matt and the mens' group. Only three other mens showed up.
Did some medicine ball activities that really tired out my arms (perfect for swimming today!) Very little direction on form, and just generally lazy...I'm really hoping this gets better.

I'm starting to feel the Carb deficit. My weight is down and when doing the warm-ups before my morning strength class I had nothing in my legs...they just felt week.

I miss my carbs...I had plenty last night (sweet potato, some breading on the fish and apples...but I miss my carby carbs!

Run
  • 45m
  • 7.00 kms
  • 06m 26s /KM

Did some sprint type things. Hit the wall hard after the second one, but slowed right down, kept going and got it back...Don't have a lot of carbs on board...trying some different eating routines.
I can really smell and taste the ammonia - by product of burning the protein.

Garmin acting stupid again...not only did it hit 220, but I was slowing down and passing my house at about 6.8 k. I did 200 or so more metres and it said 6.6k, I did more and it kept getting lower...I must have done about 7.5k! I was going in circles and the dumb thing was subtracting!

6 min @ 7:04/k @ 868m @149b
3:20 @ 4:57/k @ 674m @152b
5:42 @ 5:32/k @ 1.03km @161b
1:06 @ 5:02/k @ 218 m @ 158b
19:42 @ 6:14/k @ 3.16km@ 144b
9:19 @ bad reading 815m??!!

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 800.00 meters
  • -----

Good session with Jason. He had me doing a catch up drill but couldn't find anything handy for me to hold, so he made me hold the steel ratchet lane rope tool and hand that off every hand...yikes...I used to be worried about sinking hips...Sinking hands...
I've made good progress, doing the same drills without flippers and it is pretty effortless (kinda, sorta).

Did a zipper drill...kinda kinky in the water. I think it is coming together - I still need to really focus on head position - I'm still looking ahead rather than down; focus on leaving my leading arm out there and pushing (not pulling) My pull is too strong, I need to push...averaged 18.5 strokes - Jason was counting....I gotta shave my back! The video reveals the all the hairy truth!

I've put on some extra weight...It's all bird I tell ya.

Today I go see my little Sri Lanken Doctor to give me more pills for my condition. She's a so so doctor, but the thing I like about her is that she's not afraid to order tests. I've been tested for more things than you can shake a tongue depressor at. Mind you there was that one time that she read my ECG upside down and sent me to a cardiologist and had me worry for a month when it really was nothing but her reading the printout upside down. But she did diagnose my condition, when no one else had in 37 years.

Anyway, I'd better take some old magazines to read.

But for now, Crack of Stupid....shall we play a game WOPR?

I'm spending the day trying to digest Turkey and fixin's

Rest day today.

Run
  • 1h 03m 46s
  • 9.00 kms
  • 07m 05s /KM

Went for a longish slow run...I was ready to go, but John was sore from yesterday's sprints. I don't blame him, those things are tough.
Good run and good conversation, that was nice, never do that anymore.

Great, cool day for a run. First wife and G went for a good run too.

205 Hr is crap.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Good hard stretch at RR after run.

On the floating, shapeless ocean

I did all my best smile.

Now I'm going to settle in to a whole mess of turkey.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 50m 20s
  • 8.25 kms
  • 06m 06s /KM

Dropped off child #1 and ran in the pouring rain. I had a great time. Intended to go really slowly and slow HR, but ended up going a little quicker. Had a great run.

Around University lake and up once on Douglas Park Hill at good speed.
HRM was reading at first, so I had no spike.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Stretching in the pouring rain between my run around the lake and the run up the hill.
Evening walk with first wife after dropping of second child.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 30m

Stretching in the pouring rain between my run around the lake and the run up the hill.
Evening walk with first wife after dropping of second child.

please stand by

Okay, I'm awake. It is raining in sheets....really nice Egyptian cotton sheets, but sheets, nonetheless. I don't know what I want to do with my life today.

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1200.00 meters
  • -----

Holy Sprint work Aquaman! What a work out.

Did sprints in Masters class...averaged 24 sec per 25 metres with the fastest being 22 second...Patting my head all the way.

Who's a good boy...That's a good boy!

Strength
  • 1h 00m

More Ozark routines with Brendan. Throwing the tractor wheel around, jumping up and down on boxes, lots of work on eccentric muscles. Hell even some swissball and bosu work. I felt strong this morning.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

stretching after Jethro routine.

Time to make the donuts.

It's Brendan time. and here I sit with sore arms. Let us see what pleasures of the flesh await!

Run
  • 1h 04m
  • 9.17 kms
  • 06m 59s /KM

Long, slow burn. Was successful at keeping my heart rate below 145.
Ran as slow as I could, and slowed down every time my HR started to climb. Good burn, I could have run for hours at this rate.
Knees were sore after run.

HRM never went anywhere near 220 or 240!

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 750.00 meters
  • -----

Excellent session with Jason. He's got my rotating through my whole stroke.
I did this drill where I fondle my ear as I pass an imaginary toy from hand to hand.
Very boudoir-like.
He had me effortlessly doing 17 strokes per length.

Now can I do it without the props, imaginary or not?

Hmmmmm.

A little sore in the leg area, not quite sure why. I'm just sitting here contemplating whether or not to turn the furnace on. It is somewhat nipply in here. It's going to be humdinger outside. Hat and gloves de riguer again.

But look at the plus side, there is absolutely no chance that I will be attached by brain-eating amoeba, mind you, I'm expecting a few more calls from national reporters from CBC tv...that should suck up some brain cells.

Why are they calling? Survey out says nutrition in schools across the country sucks, but is particularly bad here. What's my comment? Hold on while I put my apple down and move my my workout stuff...

• Health data: Soreness: 2

windnsnow's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • August's totals