Swim
  • 50m
  • 1300.00 meters
  • -----

Masters' class.
Speed drills felt kinda drilly, but otherwise okay. Breathing was tough first set, but settled down nicely.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

So-so workout with Matt and the all male review.
Not as strong or co-ordinated as I thought I would be, but not overly weak either. Felt good to be at it again, but not quite sure what it is...

Okay, back to my private little corner of reality.

They should make a breakfast beer. Maybe with Oatmeal. Why? Because of all times, it's now Crack o' Stupid Time!

Let's see if a little rest made my @ss look big.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

One more day of rest.

I'm feeling kinda relaxed and kinda fidgety...like before a race. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

I guess sleeping in adds a pound. More likely it is the extra carbs and food I had yesterday after my run from hell. I felt terrible for a good chunk of the day. I'm better now.

Two days rest should help. 

No IM nightmares...It's all good. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 1h 21m 13s
  • 12.27 kms
  • 06m 37s /KM

I had nothing...But John was good to me, he stuck with me and slowed down enough for me not to blow up. Wanted to stop 3 or 4 times, but kept going. Short walk/water breaks every 2k. Had one gel at turnaround.
Got some power back in last k.
Why so tired? Too much training this month, I think. Kick drills and sprints during swimming on Friday, Vertimax work on Friday and running yesterday probably didn't help. Lack of Carb in my diet this week is probably also a factor!
John was good to get me through it!

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m

Cleaned up all the big objects. Next job the leaves.

No melting yet today..that's okay. I'm into my skinny pants.

Had nightmares all night about Ironman. Well, not the race, about getting there. Stupid things about not taking my phone charger and extraneous family showing up without a way to get back home. Very strange.

I hate unresolvable dreams like that.

My neck is sore for the second day in a row and my foot is sore - I got a cramp during Friday swimming, I think it is related. I'll live.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 49m 44s
  • 8.00 kms
  • 06m 13s /KM

Crappy run...felt tired the whole way. I think it is time to start thinking about rest.

Ran around the big lake, starting from Douglas Park. Two fast runs up the hill.

Heart rake peaked at 162 while running uphill.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • -----

Got a good sleep finally. I'm continuing to melt, pound by pound. Let's see what today will bring.

I just went out and bought a pair of size 34 Levis. I haven't worn 34 since, ummmm, since I lived in Toronto and first wife wasn't even last girlfriend. 17 years? It's the John diet. It is working wonders.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • -----

Too much kick drills and sprints, I'm worn out. My arms were tired.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Kinda listless and tired this morning. Still tired from yesterday. First wife got home late and was chatty...didn't get to sleep till way past my bed time.

New set of things with Brendan. Back to vertimax and medicine ball. High hurdles. Level 10 was crowded. Good workout, very sweaty. I'm sure I'm down at least a couple more pounds.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Short stretch of hams and cheese after session.

Crack of stupid and I'm melting...It's all coffee weight I'm dropping.

You will notice the total dearth of smart ass-clever sagacities in my blogs. It's the glucose deficit in my brain.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 1h 00m 40s
  • 9.00 kms
  • 06m 44s /KM

Slow burn in the freezing mist. Tried to go as slowly as I could but kept speeding up.
Really felt the carb deficit on the the way back. Was aiming for 10, but cut it short...Felt a strange fatigue and befuddlement.
I miss my glucose!
I had some cereal (kashi/vector) for breakfast with a protein shake. That should help.

Didn't sleep much, was awake early, but surprisingly well rested. I think it might be because the heat is finally on.

Spent some time with my thoughts before getting up...took a trip inside my head, saw what I see.

It might all be a low-carb induced haze. I'm now down 4 pounds since the weekend...I suspect it is mostly water weight. My ass doesn't look smaller.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

windnsnow's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • August's totals