Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 1300.00 meters
  • -----

Good Masters' Class. Felt strong and comfortable. A little winded, but swam through it. Some wrist pain in my carpal tunnel hand...don't like that, I tried to relax it, but it didn't help much. Gotta be careful with that, I've been doing a lot of typing lately.

WU 300 head position, strokes
MS 4X50 s/f 25
2x100 s/f 50
2x 200 s/f 100
1X400 (only finished 200)

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Good workout with Brendan. Started using the new treadmills. Man, I'm a crappy runner. My form is so poor - the treadmill just amplifies it!
Some good core work and arm work too. Perfect for getting me ready for swimming at noon - he mocks.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Quick stretch after workout.

I like the idea of adding some variety so I will try wearing more powder blue knit sweaters and smile more when I ride my fitness bike on the lawn. I don't know about mixing things up though, last time I tried that in college I woke up wearing somebody else's clothes.

It has been a strange, long week. I'm glad it is over. I'm getting the 3 year itch at work and I'm not too happy about that. But this might be my chance to try for an exciting career in rocket surgery!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 40m 11s
  • 6.61 kms
  • -----

Fartlek...good thing I was outdoors. A couple of dogs on the trail sniffed the air curiously.
Garmin was acting stupid again. I was going full out and it said I was doing an 11.50m/k pace.

I couldn't find any satellites initially, so I just started running without it linked up. And it was very cloudy.
Overall pace should be in the high fives or low sixes.

??? 588m
5:50m/k 2.07k
6:08 - 1.42k
5:17 - 642m
6:49 - 536m
4:45 - 526m
6:18 - 822m

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretching after run.

You are now entering into a different dimension...cue music....you are entering into the twilight crack.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1300.00 meters
  • -----

Masters' class.
Speed drills felt kinda drilly, but otherwise okay. Breathing was tough first set, but settled down nicely.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

So-so workout with Matt and the all male review.
Not as strong or co-ordinated as I thought I would be, but not overly weak either. Felt good to be at it again, but not quite sure what it is...

Okay, back to my private little corner of reality.

They should make a breakfast beer. Maybe with Oatmeal. Why? Because of all times, it's now Crack o' Stupid Time!

Let's see if a little rest made my @ss look big.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

One more day of rest.

I'm feeling kinda relaxed and kinda fidgety...like before a race. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

I guess sleeping in adds a pound. More likely it is the extra carbs and food I had yesterday after my run from hell. I felt terrible for a good chunk of the day. I'm better now.

Two days rest should help. 

No IM nightmares...It's all good. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 1h 21m 13s
  • 12.27 kms
  • 06m 37s /KM

I had nothing...But John was good to me, he stuck with me and slowed down enough for me not to blow up. Wanted to stop 3 or 4 times, but kept going. Short walk/water breaks every 2k. Had one gel at turnaround.
Got some power back in last k.
Why so tired? Too much training this month, I think. Kick drills and sprints during swimming on Friday, Vertimax work on Friday and running yesterday probably didn't help. Lack of Carb in my diet this week is probably also a factor!
John was good to get me through it!

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m

Cleaned up all the big objects. Next job the leaves.

No melting yet today..that's okay. I'm into my skinny pants.

Had nightmares all night about Ironman. Well, not the race, about getting there. Stupid things about not taking my phone charger and extraneous family showing up without a way to get back home. Very strange.

I hate unresolvable dreams like that.

My neck is sore for the second day in a row and my foot is sore - I got a cramp during Friday swimming, I think it is related. I'll live.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 49m 44s
  • 8.00 kms
  • 06m 13s /KM

Crappy run...felt tired the whole way. I think it is time to start thinking about rest.

Ran around the big lake, starting from Douglas Park. Two fast runs up the hill.

Heart rake peaked at 162 while running uphill.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • -----

Got a good sleep finally. I'm continuing to melt, pound by pound. Let's see what today will bring.

I just went out and bought a pair of size 34 Levis. I haven't worn 34 since, ummmm, since I lived in Toronto and first wife wasn't even last girlfriend. 17 years? It's the John diet. It is working wonders.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Hours slept: 8

windnsnow's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • August's totals