Run
  • 1h 14m 13s
  • 12.00 kms
  • 06m 11s /KM

Run with with Half Mary RR group who were doing 7 k. John and I ran a fast pace, at one point hitting 3.44 pace...then we slowed down a lot. I had a bit of a funny tummy, John was hurting a bit because of his speed work yesterday. But we pulled it together, did more than the hour we were supposed to at not too bad a pace and ended up near sprinting on the last 300 metres.

Good run. Check out the HRs. I guess the long runs are helping to keep these down. at one point John and I were just flying, but the heart rate didn't spike.

cals 1110

Terrible sleep last night. Woke up every 30 minutes, or did I fall asleep every 30 minutes. I don't want to think about it.

Saw a great DVD last night. Love Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler and Don (?) Cheadle. Great post-9-11 film. It was like a chick flick for guys. Very well done. No car chases, sadly.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Hours slept: 4
Swim
  • 54m 58s
  • 2300.00 meters
  • 01m 59s /100 meters

Instead of running, since John wrecked my plans this morning, lol. I decided to go for a pre-supper swim. And I decided to do some slowish time trials, just to prove I could do distance without the talkative Jason.

Jason has helped my swim incredibly!
3 x 750

50 cool down
Best 750 was 14:48.

Yup, there's snow on the ground.

What game shall we play today professor?

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.5
Swim
  • 1h 10m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • -----

Great swim, until I had to do kick strokes. Showed up early and did 300 m. then
wu 8 x 50
8 x 25 (did 100 extra!!!)
2 x 200
8 x 25 (kick)

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Work out with Nick. I was worried about it all night. How did it turn out? A good all-around routine. A little easier than I expected, but that was welcome after my torture session on Wed. Nick is a good, sensitive trainer - asks a little too often how it's going, but he's also in your face when you are doing something wrong and helps you fix it.

How did this rate against the Matt scale? I'd much rather train with Nick, although he would need to bump it up a notch or two...I can't believe I'm asking for that.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Lots of stretching to get the kinks out from Wednesday. Nick's workout helped!

For the record today Regina had its first snowfall. It didn't stick, thankfully.

This crack of stupid moment brought to you by the letters F and N and the number 6.

Barely got any sleep, woke up every 20 minutes to check the clock and make sure I didn't oversleep. Part of it is I don't want to offend the substitute trainer du jour by missing his class, the other is I'm kinda not looking forward to it because I know Nick is going to work us into submission.

The problem is I'm still a bit of ground up pulp from Wednesday's work out. I am sore all over. So sore that I make those old man noises when I move or sit still. And I have swimmy swim at lunch time. Will the fun never end?

Yes, yes, Marina, I may be a whinger, but a wiener? That would make me a tofu dog - which would explain a lot of things from past disastrous amorous misadventures.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5.45
Run
  • 1h 15m 25s
  • 11.25 kms
  • 06m 42s /KM

From the heart that brought you Z2 and Z3, and the feet that brought you LSD, today we have more of the same.
I was very, very sore so I decided to just do distance and a leisurely pace. It was balmy out with a full moon, but a killer wind.

Took gatorade/protein mix with me and drank most of it. Only stopped at turnaround and to adjust my socks (see below).
No HRM spike! Started really slowly. 1003 calories.

Tried my new socks today -thorlo. They sent them to me for free. Very cushiony. Maybe too much, I felt some hot spots on my ankle and had to adjust the sock. Kind of abrasive too on my skin. I'll see how they are after a wash.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Really needed that stretch. Was late for work because I needed to stretch.

Let's try this again.

I am so sore, I'm worried I might turn into a giant scab.

At least there is a lovely full moon out there.

I have a celebrity substitude trainer on Friday who I'm sure will take no pity on my pain and will try to leave an impression. Things are really looking up.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1100.00 meters
  • -----

Abbreviated Masters' Class - I had a 1 p.m meeting to get to!
Jason put me into the baby pool and made me do bondage...tied my ankles together (with a green and orange sarong and shoved a pull buoy where the sun don't shine.

It seems one leg is moving away from straight to balance my breath stroke...Now I'm all aware of it and it is really throwing me off.
I didn't get to use my favorite safe word...

The swim helped get rid of a lot of the pain and fatigue I had from this morning.

WU 100
MS 1 X 400
1 X 300
1 X 200
100 in baby pool.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

All male review with substitute Brent. This was probably the toughest workout I've ever done (being tired this morning didn't help). Lots of power sets - explosive lifts, rope pulls, pushups between two boxes with jumps and some balance work including squats..oh yeah and carrying the punching bag, then putting it on your body and then standing with it, not lettinng it touch the ground. Two sets of 5 for that! I don't know how I'm going to swim at noon. And I think I've damaged a couple of different parts of my body in the process...Good work, but a little too extreme for Matt's class. All the guys were suffering and moving slower than normal.

Okay, correction. Matt took the day off and we had Brent, the Power Rep. Nazi...OMG! I can't move my eyelids!

I went to bed extra early last night and I'm still exhausted. '

What to do, what to do?

Got a date with the lovely Matt

And the all-male revue.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 1h 07m 56s
  • 10.00 kms
  • 06m 47s /KM

What an absolutely Mila-ish day for a morning run. 8 degrees and a nice breeze. Just Beautiful!
Decided on some LSD and I mean slow! Kept my heart rate as slow as I could and slowed down my pace every time it started to creep up...I could have run for hours.
This was Z2-Z3 all the way.
No walk breaks, except at foot bridge that bounces up and down and I hate to run over.

Yikes I'm tired today. Three snoozes! I've never had a three snooze day. I've got a conference all day today and some fancy running around at the beginning of the conference.

So maybe I'll start the day off with some running.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

I did end up going swimming and glad I did. Hard workout all involving speed Didn't finish it, but went nice and fast.

wu 300 (1 bs per)
8 x 100 desc, hold last 4
2 X 100 full speed (1:50 was fastest)
cd 100

Update: Car's fixed. Faulty sensor. No cost. Things are looking up!

Why is that on designated rest days I am busier than on days when I'm doing three workouts? Hmmm.

Had to take the car in today to be serviced. It has a bad case of the Bopper and it isn't even a VW! Check engine light on again...I've looked under the hood and checked the engine, but that didn't help.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

windnsnow's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • August's totals