Run
  • 1h 04m
  • 9.17 kms
  • 06m 59s /KM

Long, slow burn. Was successful at keeping my heart rate below 145.
Ran as slow as I could, and slowed down every time my HR started to climb. Good burn, I could have run for hours at this rate.
Knees were sore after run.

HRM never went anywhere near 220 or 240!

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 750.00 meters
  • -----

Excellent session with Jason. He's got my rotating through my whole stroke.
I did this drill where I fondle my ear as I pass an imaginary toy from hand to hand.
Very boudoir-like.
He had me effortlessly doing 17 strokes per length.

Now can I do it without the props, imaginary or not?

Hmmmmm.

A little sore in the leg area, not quite sure why. I'm just sitting here contemplating whether or not to turn the furnace on. It is somewhat nipply in here. It's going to be humdinger outside. Hat and gloves de riguer again.

But look at the plus side, there is absolutely no chance that I will be attached by brain-eating amoeba, mind you, I'm expecting a few more calls from national reporters from CBC tv...that should suck up some brain cells.

Why are they calling? Survey out says nutrition in schools across the country sucks, but is particularly bad here. What's my comment? Hold on while I put my apple down and move my my workout stuff...

• Health data: Soreness: 2
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1300.00 meters
  • -----

Various drills with Jason at Masters' class...the pool is getting a little crowded..Did the armlock dance with a fellow swimmer.
Felt good to be underwater.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Mens' group...The boys showed up this time...so so workout, I got something out of it, but it is pretty tame....jury is still out. Matt is not the greatest trainer.

Okay,

Let's try this Crack O' Stupid and doing stuff thing again. I messed it up so badly yesterday.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Alarm didn't go off..I forgot about that a.m./p.m. thing. My whole training day is  wrecked.

On the other hand, I have five additional fingers. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Today is hereby declared a rest day. I don't think I've taken one of those in over a month. I'm still up kinda early, but no Amber, no Jason, no swimmy swim or running naked through the freezing house to get my tights on. Let's see how this goes.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 28m 21s
  • 23.80 kms
  • -----

Trail ride at Regina Beach with John and Pat. Perfect day, no wind, couldn't ask for much better, Were supposed to do a run with first wife, but went grocery shopping instead

Great ride, Absolutely beautiful part of the world, circling the lake.

John said "The trail was an old railroad track that was removed due to lack of traffic. It used to take people from the city to the beach on weekends. Modern society just doesn't get it at times." That John is a philosopher.

Slept in and woke up at 5:30, and 6:40 and 7:30, finally got out of bed at 8 ish. Went shopping...didn't run, as I ran yesterday.

Beautiful day. 

Run
  • 26m 36s
  • 5.00 kms
  • 05m 19s /KM

Turkey Trot. Ran with Ironman Starcorp. He was just givin' 'er. I kept up with him for about 3.5 k, He must have been doing a 4.5 pace...I didn't want to blow up, so I slowed down, but kept him in my sights. A couple of people passed me, but I still felt pretty good.
Personal best run for me over 5 k.
500 M. fast warm-up before helped I think...so did running with John.

Slept in. Needed to catch up.

Turkey Trot 5 K today...not sure whether I'll race or just enjoy...It's all good.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 50m
  • -----
  • -----

Drills Drills Drills.

Lots of one "sound of one hand clapping" strokes and catch-up starting from the hip...Tired, but did very well, methinks.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Brendan pulled out his psycho killer hat today. Made us hurdle over boxes, pick up tractor wheels, fireman carry punching bags then hold them like a lover and squat...a real thrill.

You know, I'm stronger than I thought.
Good workout. Neck is still sore, knees feel great

Sore neck this morning. And my knees hurt...I think the knees are sore from sitting on them for an hour in a tipi yesterday. That was some good Sage!

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 6

windnsnow's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • August's totals