Run
  • 51m 53s
  • 7.00 kms
  • -----

Pre speedwork indoors at Fieldhouse.
2 easy laps + 1 5k pace X10
5 laps cooldown 105 sec, 101 sec, 59.49 sec, 102 sec, 56.83 sec, 1:04 sec, 1:08sec, 50.40 sec, 51 sec 51:53 sec,

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 1650.00 meters
  • 02m 19s /100 meters

Good, long sets with Masters' Class. Arms were tired from this morning, but I enjoyed this. Good way to decompress from crappy work morning.

This was a good Triathlete swim...I even saw a few in the pool with me.

4 x 400 @

9:40
9:26
9:15
9:03

CD 50

Strength
  • 1h 00m

I've decided Matt's class is my Yoga. Just enough to wake me up and get things moving. Some very good core and arm weight stuff, but generally, just a nice way to start the day. Lots of hockey-specific routines...I always wanted to add hockey to my tri training! It works for stbrn and Marina.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

long, leisurely stretch after track work.

Why is it so freakin' bright out there? oh yeah, there's icing sugar all over the place. Man I have to stop eating those mushrooms I find in the back yard.

Today is the lovely Matt and the all male revue...It should be good, I haven't done core/strength in a couple of weeks. I feel like puking now (I got up too fast) so I'm on the right track.

Tomorrow I finally get to see the plastic surgeon (let's call him Dr. Armstrong, or Stretch - for you Gen X kids. I'm finally getting the proceedure mom didn't want me to get. Now I have to find a whole new wardrobe. I hope I don't walk funny - I'll definately have to miss swimming on Friday. Just for the record, it has nothing to do with Uranus, or mine.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 1h 09m
  • 10.13 kms
  • 06m 49s /KM

You call that wind? I call her Gale. It felt like running through chest-deep water. At times I couldn't catch my breath and my nose hurt on the inside (I usually only get that from biking in the wind) Of course my hair was all over the place, including my mouth and eyes.
And it was so dark. When I would turn my little bee light on, I would be blinded until I readjusted to the dark.

I did 10 K really easy (as if I had a choice in that wind) as per the Ironman's magic formula. Felt a little sluggish, but never felt like I could not go on.
Almost all Z3. 950 cal.

Here we go again. Not a great sleep. Very windy out, I kept waking up in anticip (say it say it Frank) ation.

"Don't dream it, be it" is what I always say.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 1300.00 meters
  • -----

First time swimming in over a week and a half. I had a lot of trouble getting started.
wu
300 f/c and non-f/c
ms
300 long and strong
2 x 25 kick
200 long and strong
4 x 25 kick
100 long and strong
4 x 25 kick

Slept in today (day off) then moved furniture for a good chunk of the morning.  Finished just in time to run off to get a swim in.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 1h 35m
  • 13.00 kms
  • 07m 19s /KM

Too windy to run outdoors. Decided to go to the track with the lady folk. Ironman and I did a slow 13 k with walks at every 10 laps (2km) I was going quite slow but my heart rate still jumped to 150 (Z4) a couple of times, although it didn't wear me out too much. Monotonous run, but got it done!

Sport #1
  • Running Drills
  • 30m

Machs, warm up and cool down before and after run.

Stretching after run

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Machs, warm up and cool down before and after run.

Stretching after run

A couple of pounds heavier this morning. Must have been all the Ethiopian food I gorged on last night. It was worth it. Good company and good food and more kids than you can shake a stick at, all of whom behaved better than adults!

Running today? Maybe...Wind gusts of 76k!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 1h 37m
  • 48.00 kms
  • -----

First RMC indoor cycling session. Sweated something awful. Very good session. I'm looking forward to this.

Mostly zone 3.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Strength
  • 1h 00m

Okay, I have to admit it. Nick made me work today. Some pretty tough sprints on the treadmill with some good core work. He also made me do the equine thing playing horsey...There is a web site for that you know.

What was I saying about time travel?

Somewhere between time travel, tri-club annual meetings and family reunions I didn't get my usual 6 hours of sleep.

But I'm back and looking forward to three days of early rising.

I signed up for this gig.

It's good to be back - and it's not raining!

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
TRAVEL DAY

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

windnsnow's Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time