Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Walked around Vancouver, went to MEC and La Bicycletta and Bike Doctor and some other shops. I want everything...chances are I won't buy much. I bought a Powerbar, I was hungry.

Give my regards to Brendan, remember me at Herald Square...

...cause I'm leaving on a (turbo prop) plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

Cuz we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun...

but now I'm dancing with tears in my eyes, waiting for the memory of the day gone by.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

I am a candy-finding god! The six monsters I took around last night got so much loot that they said this was the best year ever and then they thanked me for plotting out the course - I even included a hydration station and a transition zone (empty candy bags, pillows; child one left his dagger; friend B changed his costume; kid that "sleeps over 'cuz her mother is taking a night class" got out of her slutty and very uncomfortable boots and put on some much more sensible shoes.

We ran into some other kids and the exchange was one of my favorites.

"hey"

"hey"

"what's up"

"how much candy you get?"

"got some"

"let me look at your bag...Hey it's half empty. I got much more than you dude"

"This is my third bag"

"huh?"

"yeah, it's my third bag dude, my dad knows the best routes around and we got lots."

"oh"

"nice hat. want some unpackaged popcorn dude?"

"uh, no. see ya. What streets did you go on..."

I'm going to work early. Today will be the day from hell.

Friday I'm leaving on a Jet Plane.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

Nice fast swim in Masters' group. Averaging 58 sec per 50m and did 400 in 8:53.
New stroke is working, although I got a little sloppy at the end.

My shoulders hurt, especially where I got the flu shot.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 3h 00m

Trick or treat walking with 6 monsters.

Had a flu shot last night. So it was no surprise I felt a little flu-ish all night. This morning I felt really out of it and my arm (site of injection) was really sore.

So it didn't go do my usual Men's follies with Matt.

I had a bit of a breakthrough in swimming yesterday, so hopefully I'll be able to go to my Masters' class at noon. Arm is still sore.

• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 44m 26s
  • 7.08 kms
  • 06m 17s /KM

There's that something in the air again...Oh yeah, more fartleks.
6 sprints of different durations (usually 300 to 800 metres) followed by slow jogs and then medium paced run. Two walk breaks (brief) at turnarounds on devonian path.
Average sprint was about 4:20 pace, fastest was 3:00. Spike heart rate at 212, but I don't know where.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 700.00 meters
  • -----

Heinz 57 with Jason today. He had me doing catch-up drills and changing WHEN I breathe.

I think it is starting to click, on the other hand, that could by my shoulder clicking...

Crack of stupid (or insanity for Trudy, who pays attention) is particularly difficult this morning. Had a particularly late session of waiting around for child #1 to finish with track practice and didn't get into my cozy bed till late.

I think I know what Mila (another one who pays attention, really) means by Z5. Every time I move I feel a little throw up in my mouth. This is a lot like that concussion that ended my glorious rugby career. No wait, that was somebody else's life, my glorious rugby career ended when I realized that I became too terrified to relax during the rucks. Belif\eve me, a ruck isn't that bad if you just relax, when you want to go to it. Now a scrum, that's a whole other kettle of turnips.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1450.00 meters
  • 02m 46s /100 meters

Good session with Jason and the Masters' class. My arms were tired, but I finished most of the sets.

Wu
1 x 50
1 x 200
4 x 100 kick
ms
4 x 100 descending
2 x 200 pace (-5 each time)
managed 2:05 as fastest set.

Rest morning. I'm sleeping in.

So I leave on Friday for the wild west (more wild and more west than here) That means a busy work week ahead.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 1h 14m 13s
  • 12.00 kms
  • 06m 11s /KM

Run with with Half Mary RR group who were doing 7 k. John and I ran a fast pace, at one point hitting 3.44 pace...then we slowed down a lot. I had a bit of a funny tummy, John was hurting a bit because of his speed work yesterday. But we pulled it together, did more than the hour we were supposed to at not too bad a pace and ended up near sprinting on the last 300 metres.

Good run. Check out the HRs. I guess the long runs are helping to keep these down. at one point John and I were just flying, but the heart rate didn't spike.

cals 1110

Terrible sleep last night. Woke up every 30 minutes, or did I fall asleep every 30 minutes. I don't want to think about it.

Saw a great DVD last night. Love Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler and Don (?) Cheadle. Great post-9-11 film. It was like a chick flick for guys. Very well done. No car chases, sadly.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Hours slept: 4
Swim
  • 54m 58s
  • 2300.00 meters
  • 01m 59s /100 meters

Instead of running, since John wrecked my plans this morning, lol. I decided to go for a pre-supper swim. And I decided to do some slowish time trials, just to prove I could do distance without the talkative Jason.

Jason has helped my swim incredibly!
3 x 750

50 cool down
Best 750 was 14:48.

Yup, there's snow on the ground.

What game shall we play today professor?

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.5

windnsnow's Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • August's totals