Run
  • 1h 01m 24s
  • 9.00 kms
  • 06m 49s /KM

Okay, it is -30 out and will be even colder in the morning, so I was in no mood to be out in the morning. I did some indoor easy distance. While child one did his track stuff.
Calf was a little tender. Wing is still on the skids.

Today it is a little easier being Green.

The Bombers bra experiment was a failure. It had poor support and no cup!

• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 57m 25s
  • 10.18 kms
  • 05m 38s /KM

Personal Best Run!
Weather was windy and icy. -4 feels like -12. Wore my famous Baclava. Very sticky.
Kept up a good pace with John for about 4 k, then he blew me away...but he was never more than 300 m in front of me. He did great. I did super!

5 k @ 28.14 @ 5.37/km
Best - 4:15 @ 152 bpm
2nd 5K (5.15k)
29.11 @ 5.40/km
Best 2.58 (finish)@153 bpm

Slowed down marginally. Stopped at both water stations and felt myself slowing down a lot at about 8k, until I got my shit together and started to speed up
966 cals

Personal Best 10K (in the windnsnow!) 57.25

Had a good sleep. Up at a not-so much of az crackish time. Ready for the Jingle Bell 10 K run.

A fresh dusting of snow makes everything lovely and a wee bit dangerous out there.

First wife is run/talking the 5 k part of the run. Yes I said run/talking, not walking. she talks her way through the run...Hey if it works for her!

My wing is still not right. I don't think there will be any swimming tomorrow.

• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 36.00 kms
  • -----

Good Spinnervals Aerobics Builder at Level 10 with the gang. stopped after 1:10 because I wanted to rest up a little for the race tomorrow.
Mostly Z3. Spent about a minute in Z4. Sweated buckets...miss Nick's schwetty schpinn classes.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretched after spin.
Shoulder/arm felt good until I tried to gently stretch it.

Crack of stupid, weekend edition.

Arm feels a little better. Let me try....ow ow. Okay, not a hundred percent, but it must just be a strain already on its way to mending - nothing more debilitating. I am thankful for that.

My legs, neck and back are killing me, but that, I know is Brendan's little gift for working out with him.

And the days go by, water running.....same as it ever was. I am thankful for that.

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 6
Strength
  • 1h 10m

Great workout with Brendan. Stupid fast running of the treadmills, but I was up to it. Felt really good and quite strong.
I've damaged something in my shoulder though...It is now really sore. I must have Nickitis.

Crack of stupid. Here we go again.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5
owww! Who knew speedwork would hurt so much the morning after. Yikes!

• Health data: Sick: 5 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 30m
  • 3.00 kms
  • -----

Speed work at track. I had to guess on the distance, The track direction was different than what I expected and the distance lines made no sense. So my times make little sense.
I ran the first 400 really fast and the first 600. The second 600 was medium speed but constant. The last 400 was full tilt - I races child one and beat him on the last 150.

400, 600,600,400.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

More hockey related routines than I could slap a stick at. Still...good ab and arm work.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 40m

Stretching after speed work.

Croak of Stupid...Yes Croak. I was tired this morning. The woman I sometimes sleep with had a restless night. I had trouble getting up. Made it to my yoga/strength-cum hockey class with the lovely Matt.

Was at work until 10 pm last night. I'm just beat, and not in a musical way.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 1h 05m
  • 10.22 kms
  • 06m 22s /KM

Nice little morning run. Woke up pretty quickly. Cold and crisp and the path was filled with new, inquisitive (and alarmingly large) dogs. hmmmm.

Felt good to run. Took it slowly, occassionaly speeding up for fun. Took some water with me and stopped 4 times for a few seconds to drink every 3-4 k
956 cal.

Okay. Now I definitely didn't get too much sleep. I'm sore and crabby and it is cold out with flurries...what perfect conditions for a 10k run!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

windnsnow's Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • August's totals