Run
  • -----
  • 5.00 kms
  • -----

Did some sprints at the fieldhouse. 400,600,600,400. Felt tired and sluggish and wasnt' that quick, but I got 'er done.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Good stretch after sprints.

Well, this healing the wing routine, teamed with the -35 cold has resulted in me getting a lot more sleep. A lot more sleep at a time when work is more stressful than it has been for years. I guess for everything there is a season...turn turn turn.

Arm/shoulder a little better after I did the special manipulation Pablo told me about. I'm still reluctant to attempt the full range of motion. I still have a ways to go before I will even try swimming or javelin throwing.

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

-21, feels like -35. Good thing I got my run in last night.

At least I'm catching up on my sleep. Arm is still touch and go (stop).

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 1h 01m 24s
  • 9.00 kms
  • 06m 49s /KM

Okay, it is -30 out and will be even colder in the morning, so I was in no mood to be out in the morning. I did some indoor easy distance. While child one did his track stuff.
Calf was a little tender. Wing is still on the skids.

Today it is a little easier being Green.

The Bombers bra experiment was a failure. It had poor support and no cup!

• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 57m 25s
  • 10.18 kms
  • 05m 38s /KM

Personal Best Run!
Weather was windy and icy. -4 feels like -12. Wore my famous Baclava. Very sticky.
Kept up a good pace with John for about 4 k, then he blew me away...but he was never more than 300 m in front of me. He did great. I did super!

5 k @ 28.14 @ 5.37/km
Best - 4:15 @ 152 bpm
2nd 5K (5.15k)
29.11 @ 5.40/km
Best 2.58 (finish)@153 bpm

Slowed down marginally. Stopped at both water stations and felt myself slowing down a lot at about 8k, until I got my shit together and started to speed up
966 cals

Personal Best 10K (in the windnsnow!) 57.25

Had a good sleep. Up at a not-so much of az crackish time. Ready for the Jingle Bell 10 K run.

A fresh dusting of snow makes everything lovely and a wee bit dangerous out there.

First wife is run/talking the 5 k part of the run. Yes I said run/talking, not walking. she talks her way through the run...Hey if it works for her!

My wing is still not right. I don't think there will be any swimming tomorrow.

• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 36.00 kms
  • -----

Good Spinnervals Aerobics Builder at Level 10 with the gang. stopped after 1:10 because I wanted to rest up a little for the race tomorrow.
Mostly Z3. Spent about a minute in Z4. Sweated buckets...miss Nick's schwetty schpinn classes.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretched after spin.
Shoulder/arm felt good until I tried to gently stretch it.

Crack of stupid, weekend edition.

Arm feels a little better. Let me try....ow ow. Okay, not a hundred percent, but it must just be a strain already on its way to mending - nothing more debilitating. I am thankful for that.

My legs, neck and back are killing me, but that, I know is Brendan's little gift for working out with him.

And the days go by, water running.....same as it ever was. I am thankful for that.

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 6
Strength
  • 1h 10m

Great workout with Brendan. Stupid fast running of the treadmills, but I was up to it. Felt really good and quite strong.
I've damaged something in my shoulder though...It is now really sore. I must have Nickitis.

Crack of stupid. Here we go again.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5
owww! Who knew speedwork would hurt so much the morning after. Yikes!

• Health data: Sick: 5 Hours slept: 7.5

windnsnow's Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • August's totals