Bike
  • 1h 46m 37s
  • 54.00 kms
  • 30.39 KM/hr

Excellent Spinnervals Session at Level 10. Did the last Cardio workout (compilation) Got a really good sweat happening.

Couldn't get my heart rate any higher. Next time I'm going to try holding my breath.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Stretching after spin

Back to Crack of Stupid. And back to the dirty girl. Some things never change. Other things, like bike shorts, should be changed more regularly.

Did some significant self massage on my wing yesterday (using 5 x 10 glossies that Bopper sent me for "illustration purposes only") and it is feeling considerably better. now it matches the constant ache I have in most other parts of my body. What's that Leonard Cohen line? "I ache in places that I used to play". That's me.

A moment of silence please for Evel Knievel.

Many of my formative years on my CCM mustang bicycle with a banana seat and a small front wheel were spent dreaming of jumping over greyhound buses.

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6

No Brendan today...I'm getting tired of this recuperation crap. It is also -1billion degrees outside, so I'm kinda glad I don't have to go out. Besides, I have to listen to the news and to two early morning interviews that I set up. fun, fun, fun till daddy takes the keyboard away!

I massaged the crap out of my arm and shoulder yesterday. I think it is starting to feel better. I'm going to start building in some range of motion exercises today. If this doesn't work, I'l go see a professional.

I'm soooooo eager for cycling tomorrow! 

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6

Today is the apex of business. Start with an embargoed media conference (technical briefing) at 10 a.m. and finish with a "special" Board meeting at 7 pm. And in between I have to populate content into a web page and brief a whole bunch of stakeholder.

Must resist asking about boxers or briefs....must resist.

As for my arm. It is a pain in the shoulder. I'm thinking about sucking it up and starting to push it a little. I think that the range of motions that are painful are that way because I haven't done them in a while. I've already started exercising into those ranges and beyond with some careful stretching. Still no weight work or swimming until next week.

And if that doesn't work, I'll go see a quack. 

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • -----
  • 5.00 kms
  • -----

Did some sprints at the fieldhouse. 400,600,600,400. Felt tired and sluggish and wasnt' that quick, but I got 'er done.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Good stretch after sprints.

Well, this healing the wing routine, teamed with the -35 cold has resulted in me getting a lot more sleep. A lot more sleep at a time when work is more stressful than it has been for years. I guess for everything there is a season...turn turn turn.

Arm/shoulder a little better after I did the special manipulation Pablo told me about. I'm still reluctant to attempt the full range of motion. I still have a ways to go before I will even try swimming or javelin throwing.

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

-21, feels like -35. Good thing I got my run in last night.

At least I'm catching up on my sleep. Arm is still touch and go (stop).

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 1h 01m 24s
  • 9.00 kms
  • 06m 49s /KM

Okay, it is -30 out and will be even colder in the morning, so I was in no mood to be out in the morning. I did some indoor easy distance. While child one did his track stuff.
Calf was a little tender. Wing is still on the skids.

Today it is a little easier being Green.

The Bombers bra experiment was a failure. It had poor support and no cup!

• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 57m 25s
  • 10.18 kms
  • 05m 38s /KM

Personal Best Run!
Weather was windy and icy. -4 feels like -12. Wore my famous Baclava. Very sticky.
Kept up a good pace with John for about 4 k, then he blew me away...but he was never more than 300 m in front of me. He did great. I did super!

5 k @ 28.14 @ 5.37/km
Best - 4:15 @ 152 bpm
2nd 5K (5.15k)
29.11 @ 5.40/km
Best 2.58 (finish)@153 bpm

Slowed down marginally. Stopped at both water stations and felt myself slowing down a lot at about 8k, until I got my shit together and started to speed up
966 cals

Personal Best 10K (in the windnsnow!) 57.25

Had a good sleep. Up at a not-so much of az crackish time. Ready for the Jingle Bell 10 K run.

A fresh dusting of snow makes everything lovely and a wee bit dangerous out there.

First wife is run/talking the 5 k part of the run. Yes I said run/talking, not walking. she talks her way through the run...Hey if it works for her!

My wing is still not right. I don't think there will be any swimming tomorrow.

• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 8.5

windnsnow's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • August's totals