Swim
  • 50m
  • 1100.00 meters
  • -----

Legs a little crampy today, so of course Jason had us do kick sets. Felt fast, smooth, but tired.
Near empty class, just the keeners.
Had to stretch out on the deck after the swim.

Nice little sleep in. I think I earned that. Back to the routine. Last week of classes.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 2h 24m 16s
  • 21.55 kms
  • 06m 41s /KM

Okay, I just ran further than I've ever run before. Running with John is doing me good!

It was an absolutely crappy day out there. Blizzardy, blowing snow, no footing - just crap!
One of the best runs of my life. Only about 6 minutes off my PB for this distance!

2134 cals

Stopped every 3 k or so. Stopped at Starcorp's house and refueled, stopped at University. Two gels and a bottle of Glycocarb. Nutrition was right on. Got some chills every time I restarted.

Sprinted to the finish hitting 3:48 pace.

Great run John!

Great run

Sport #1
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 1h 00m

Stretching at RR.
Shovelling Bopper's damn snow!

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretching at RR.
Shovelling Bopper's damn snow!

I got to be smoking crack to be getting up this early on a sunday.

Time to run.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 55m
  • 50.00 kms
  • -----

Absolute killer Spinnervals set - Have Mercy. I didn't think I was going to make it after 20 minutes, but I just turned off my brain and just worked. Good burn.

Crappy overall cadence, felt week, but managed 140 cadence when I had to at 70 k/hr at tension #2.
Got the heart rate up there.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Stretching after spin.

Saw a great movie yesterday. The Flying Scotsman, the Graeme Obree story. A great expose of his life and triumphs and fights with the WCF. Took a lot of time presenting his depression but had suprisingly little back story and filler. It was singlemindedly about him, his bike, his ambition and his contribution to cycling. Kinda refreshing.

For those of you who don't sleep with a Scottish woman, there may be parts of this film that will make you believe that they are speaking jibberish. It's just Glaswegian, don't worry, you have not gone insane.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472268/

• Health data: Hours slept: 5.5
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1250.00 meters
  • -----

Tired tired tired. Couldn't finish the whole set. Managed to get a 49 second 50 metres in.
100s averaging about 1:05s

Hard week. No rest till Brooklyn!

Strength
  • 1h 10m

Good session with Brendan. Had fun on the Vertamx. Almost hit my head on the ceiling I jumped so high. I've discovered I'm quite good when I'm tied down. Hmmm.

A little weak on the upper body weight stuff.

Still a little worried about the wing, although I think it is healed.

Some right leg pain, but John showed me how to stretch it out. Brendan said I hunch my shoulders too much..probably from all the typing.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 25m

Crack of stupid. It's Brendan time.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5.5

I broke 1000 Km Running for the year! Yea Me!

I may just celebrate by taking the day off. I'm also suddenly three pound lighter...Gotta love that bran. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 34.50 kms
  • 29.57 KM/hr

Pre work trainer ride.
RealRides Penticton, Disk one - from T1
I'm glad I did this, although I had no breakfast or sports drink (plain water) and at 40 minutes I started getting that "Hello, Mr. Bonk feeling" I pushed through it, but now I know.
Good ride. DVD is a little choppy and bouncy and the music is lame, but otherwise not too bad. Pretty good actually.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.00 kms
  • -----

Speed work at the Fieldhouse.
I think I miscalculated and ran 840s, not 800s.

I felt very tired and sluggish, so I didn't put my heart and soul into the running, although I had a sprint with first born after I was done and I whooped his surprised ass again! Not bad for the old man...I had some of his little team mates looking confused at me.

4 X400 (more or less)
3:42, 3:50, 3:56, 3:52

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • -----

Great swim at Masters' class. Had to leave early so showed up early and did 400 m. Then found out the set was 500, 400, 300, 200, 100. I redid the first three than had to go.

I'm not getting the pull I want from my right arm (the previously injured one - it is crossing over) I will have to work on that.)

Good swim overall!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Stretching after run

Crack of stupid time...It's like Hammer time, but without the funky pants - can't touch this!

I've decided to try something new. I'm foregoing the lovely Matt this morning for a number of reasons.

1. His upper body/hockey focus might be too much for my recently healed tricep

2. I'm tired

3. I don't feel like driving in a cold car

4. It has become a little too routine

5. I can't afford both Matt and Brendan - and it's no question who I'd rather keep going to

7. I want to shake up my winter routine a bit.

So, I'm going to try riding my bike this morning. I can't seem to find the time to ride it at night. I still will have to do a second strength/core workout, I might set up my ancient weights in the basement or do it after a swim or run at the lawson/fieldhouse.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 1h 13m 34s
  • 11.28 kms
  • 06m 31s /KM

Exceptional morning run. -12. Light dusting of snow out. A little cold, but warmed up.
Lower legs were shin splinty, but rest of me felt great. Lots of air. Took it easy. Knees hurt as soon as I got indoors. Hmmmm.

1102 Calories.

Great run.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Calves were very tight...I think from the slippy conditions. Stretched after the run.

Crack of stupid. Almost had a perfect sleep. Interrupted only by a crazy lady calling on my cell phone and yelling bon jovi songs...very romantic.

Running this morning may be an option. Just lying in bed with the lights on and music playing and drinking my coffee....ahhhh, now that's civilized.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

windnsnow's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • August's totals