Rest day! I stayed in bed 'till 6:30 and actually made a big breakfast....hmmm, I could get used to this.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 58m
  • 26.00 kms
  • -----

Okay, up and over Richter Pass on the Penticton Real Rides DVD.
Felt kinda crappy at first but got my legs back in a hurry.

Nice way to start the morning.

Took the wrong HRM belt. I was working pretty hard, I'm guessing in the 140s.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.00 kms
  • -----

Track workout. Felt tired and had no energy, but had the desire to get it done. Got it done!
4 X 800
3:30
3:35
3:37
3:40

Hit max HR on first set. All Z4.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 900.00 meters
  • -----

Damn boss and his 1 p.m meetings, had to cut the swim short!

Was fast, though and had good form!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Sore calf, stretching after run.

Had nothing this morning. But finished my three-for!

I got nothing.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5.5
Run
  • 1h 24m
  • 12.59 kms
  • 06m 40s /KM

Freakin' cold 6 a.m. run. It was really dark. I felt like turning back a few times.
My body was giving me all these conflicting signals such as "you are going to collapse and die alone, in the cold and dogs will dine on your fleshy bits". But I overcame those thoughts and very real body sensations. I also avoided the urge to walk, because it was so cold (-18c, -24c with windchill) that I would have risked getting a serious chill.So I only walked briefly at the 6 k turnaround on the Devonian (RCMP) and on the bouncy footbridge 800 metres from home. No food, no beverage, not a single luxury.

Great run after I fought of the demons. Felt strong, capable and able to do anything!
It was mostly a Z2/Z3 run, although I sprinted a few times, when that smile came on my face.

1314 Cal.
Great run...It was kinda funny showing up at the front door after everyone was dressed and first wife saying where have you been...the running gear, proved that I had actually been home that night, that and the coffee in the thermal mug I left at her bedside at 5:30 a.m. I'm such a suck!

Why is it we do this constant and repetitive waking up nonsense.

I suppose because the alternative is a non-starter.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1100.00 meters
  • -----

Legs a little crampy today, so of course Jason had us do kick sets. Felt fast, smooth, but tired.
Near empty class, just the keeners.
Had to stretch out on the deck after the swim.

Nice little sleep in. I think I earned that. Back to the routine. Last week of classes.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 2h 24m 16s
  • 21.55 kms
  • 06m 41s /KM

Okay, I just ran further than I've ever run before. Running with John is doing me good!

It was an absolutely crappy day out there. Blizzardy, blowing snow, no footing - just crap!
One of the best runs of my life. Only about 6 minutes off my PB for this distance!

2134 cals

Stopped every 3 k or so. Stopped at Starcorp's house and refueled, stopped at University. Two gels and a bottle of Glycocarb. Nutrition was right on. Got some chills every time I restarted.

Sprinted to the finish hitting 3:48 pace.

Great run John!

Great run

Sport #1
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 1h 00m

Stretching at RR.
Shovelling Bopper's damn snow!

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretching at RR.
Shovelling Bopper's damn snow!

I got to be smoking crack to be getting up this early on a sunday.

Time to run.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 55m
  • 50.00 kms
  • -----

Absolute killer Spinnervals set - Have Mercy. I didn't think I was going to make it after 20 minutes, but I just turned off my brain and just worked. Good burn.

Crappy overall cadence, felt week, but managed 140 cadence when I had to at 70 k/hr at tension #2.
Got the heart rate up there.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Stretching after spin.

Saw a great movie yesterday. The Flying Scotsman, the Graeme Obree story. A great expose of his life and triumphs and fights with the WCF. Took a lot of time presenting his depression but had suprisingly little back story and filler. It was singlemindedly about him, his bike, his ambition and his contribution to cycling. Kinda refreshing.

For those of you who don't sleep with a Scottish woman, there may be parts of this film that will make you believe that they are speaking jibberish. It's just Glaswegian, don't worry, you have not gone insane.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472268/

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1250.00 meters
  • -----

Tired tired tired. Couldn't finish the whole set. Managed to get a 49 second 50 metres in.
100s averaging about 1:05s

Hard week. No rest till Brooklyn!

Strength
  • 1h 10m

Good session with Brendan. Had fun on the Vertamx. Almost hit my head on the ceiling I jumped so high. I've discovered I'm quite good when I'm tied down. Hmmm.

A little weak on the upper body weight stuff.

Still a little worried about the wing, although I think it is healed.

Some right leg pain, but John showed me how to stretch it out. Brendan said I hunch my shoulders too much..probably from all the typing.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 25m

Crack of stupid. It's Brendan time.

windnsnow's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29