Run
  • 1h 30m
  • 10.00 kms
  • 04m 44s /KM

Whatever Starcorp said. I just followed him.

He said it's time for me to "take the pebble from his hand" I don't think so, he still have some tricks up his sleeve.

Although I think I felt a little stronger than him today. I don't think I could have kept up this pace for 50 minutes though.

Distance is a guess. We did some jogging and I did a sprint at the very end.

I got a HRM spike at 230 as if, but I have another at 180 - maybe that is close to a max for me, that's the highest I've ever seen.

Starcorp wrote:

Track workout. Warmup, machs and then loops at what was to be 77 seconds in lane 5. We were doing 67 seconds in lane 6; dummies, pace 4:44 instead of 5:44. Cooldown & stretch.

Swim
  • 20m
  • 300.00 meters
  • -----

Goofing off in the pool after track run. Tried to do flip turns, almost threw up because of them.
Was kinda sore, probably from all the sushi eating.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Stretching after doing goofy running with Starcorp.

Okay, we went to a new sushi place yesterday. It was all you can eat. It's only been open for four days.

You pick what you want from a list and then they bring it to you. You have a two hour limit and you have to pay for everything you don't eat ($1.50 per piece).

Problem is they took too long and they forgot to bring the appetizers - edamame, gomaie, tempuras, sunomuno. They only brought out one sushi roll. We were very patient and spoke to them several times. Then the food started coming. Problem is the brought our menu three times. So we were getting everything three times. And not speaking the English that good, they didn't understand "please stop bringing food" or "no more" or first born's favorite "Abort Abort". I wish I had payed more attention to Tora Tora Tora - wasn't that anniversary the other day?

Anyway, I started eating. First Wife and First Born gave up and just sat back and moaned with every new dish that arrived. I started twitching every time I heard the server's feet behind me.

Then the sushi started coming out warm! The rice didn't have time to cool. That's when I started thinking about my friends ralph and chuck.

I actually took a trip to the loo with two fishies in my mouth and released them whence they came.

Anyway. We survived. But I am stuffed.

This morning I do a tempo run. Great!

Oh and I had nightmares last night. One of them was I was on death row and they went to electrocute me, but it didn't take...so they let me go. I guess I do live a charmed life, albeit an electrified one!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 38.00 kms
  • -----

Spinnervals Mind Games or Mental Toughness or something. Quite hard. I upped the resistance one notch on the trainer so everything was harder.

Good spin, but I was wondering if I would make it!

All out spins near the end got me to a new indoor bike HR high.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Stretching after spin.

Really stiff from Brendan yesterday - why should that surprise me. Everything else seems to be working and online. Arms still good, and I think I may be growing a new head...no wait, that a pimple...never mind.

It is just too cold. You know I want a carbon bike most? So I don't have to carry aluminum in -28 c to the car.

Needs must!

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 6.5
Swim
  • 1h 10m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

My tricep is back online! Yeah. Swimming is coming back on stream...Okay, enough computer metaphors.

Good swim. Can't remember what I did, because Jason had me go out on deck and play with my arms...it's a long story.

Took things quite slow and focused on form.

I'm glad things are working again.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Brendan at the Crack of stupid. Felt like throwing up and didn't want to re-injure my arm/shoulder. The routine wasn't that hard, but I was not at all co-ordinated and just felt like a big, hairy, sweaty spaz. Which is pretty close to how I usually feel - except that I had no energy to boot and that's unusual for me. Must have been the rockstar routine over the past two nights.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Stretching after Brendan.

Oh crap my brain hurts. Didn't get home until after 1 am. Managed to not drink an ounce of anything, just didn't get enough sleep after spending 4 hours in front of angry parents and students yelling and essentially saying "hey @hole, don't close our school", then a bunch of drunk country music mucky mucks smoking their lungs out in a non-smoking hotel room penthouse.

It's okay if my brain hurts though, 'cuz I'm sure Brendan is going to make my body hurt. I'm going to tell him "no arm stuff today!" I've already lost two weeks because of them.

• Health data: Hours slept: 4

Just to make you see how great the community is here. This is the grown-up me having a bad hair day and ummmm... holding the Canadian Football League Champion Saskatchewan RoughRiders Grey Cup. It's a burden I take on willingly.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" />

Arm feels good after yesterday's swim feels good. Shoulder a little tight from compensating.

Craven Country Jamboree Party #1 last night. Thankfully no country music played. Went right after my sprints and spending some time with the still sick kids.

Boring evening overall as I didn't feel much like drinking or gorging myself. This tri stuff really cramps my lifestyle.

The big thrill was the story about the private jet having to return to Nashville because of a an engine trouble light. The second jet they got was a gulfstream and there was lots of talk about how comfortable that was.

Bunch of drunks! Yes I'm working on sponsorship.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.00 kms
  • -----

2:26 pace-4.06
3:21 4:19 (messed up 700m
2:38 4.39
2:38 4.39

4 x 600 sprints, sort of. With 400m walks in between. Very little energy. could have gone faster, but didn't have lots in me. I'm glad John made me do it. Some jogging before and after.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 03m /100 meters

I did it, I did it.
Took it slowly and tried not to rush myself. New pains in shoulder, but tricep ok. Now it's just the shoulder that's a little stiff. I think I was over compensating. Jason said I was swimming a little funny. Less jokes next time.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Before and after stretching.

Okay, I'm up. I'm not sure why. Two sick kids and First Wife not 100 per cent. Life is grand. I was going to run this morning, but it is -19, -28 with wind chill. It's okay when I run with someone. Running alone at the crack of stupid in that is, well, stupid. I have to do sprints tonight anyway.

High possibility of swimming at lunch time. Worst case scenario, I'll just do kicking.

I think I'm going back to bed.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5
Freezing rain last night. No way was I running indoors. And I'm not organized enough (yet) to go running at the track in the morning. I'm just going to hang out today. Maybe two rest days in a row...what have I become?

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

Slept in again today. A lot stiff from yesterday's run. I was thinking about swimming, but I think I'll give the wing two more days of rest and massage.

Another busy week ahead! 

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5

windnsnow's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance