Run
  • 1h 10m 28s
  • 11.62 kms
  • 06m 04s /KM

Ran with the Crazy Man Johnno again. Everyone at RR was doing 6 k, so we went out right away. First wife was there and kept G company...things are looking up.
A nice slow pace turned into a bloody sprint at times. I think at one point, during the last 2K, we were doing a 3:40 pace! similated race situation and took brief water breaks at every 2k - or whenever I could get Ironman to slow down a bit. Nice fast, controlled sprint finish for about a block.

The 10 k part of this is a personal best for me!
1:01:22

Red lined on my heart rate going up a hill. I think the 213 is full of crap, It should have been in the high 160-170s

Calories: 1102

Lots of sleep. And contemplating the injustices of the universe.

I'll get over it.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 1h 17m 36s
  • 14.57 kms
  • -----

Great ride with John at White Butte. I do like that cyclocross bike. First wipeout on the sand...I was watching John wipe out and that is my excuse. Couldn't ask for a better day. Should have cycled more, but there was a burnt tasting venti with my name on it.

Got a good, long sleep.

guess who is not swimming today! 5 days of swimming in a row. Yikes.

And as much as I know it will sound kinda queer, I can really feel Brendan in my legs and my triceps and my back...that workout he put me through yesterday was something to write home about.

But since no one at home really cares about it, I'll write about it here.

Today is another day.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 1300.00 meters
  • -----

Great swim....Can't feel my arms. My triceps are burning. Again Jason moved me with the "fast(er) kids"...not the fastest kids - including Mr. World Champion Triathlete Milos.

Did sets of sprints 25s and 50s...Really good workout.
I'm not using my arms all weekend. I'm riding my bike tomorrow acappella!

Strength
  • 1h 05m

Killer workout with Brendan. I almost met chuck and ralph again. I was yawning left right and centre 'cuz of oxygen deprivation. Lots of arm work and crazy jump stuff on the Vertimax. Man, I have strong legs, I think I just gave myself a woody!

So, as ironies go, I didn't go for a run yesterday.

We had to take the offspring to the government office to get them branded with official registration. By the time we got back (30 minutes later - this is "rhymes with fun") we we starving and had to make dinner.

After dinner I really didn't feel like doing anything athletic..I rarely do. So I just sat around and cleaned up and read and we watched the new Survivor Lead Poisoning...I just wanted to see the first episode so that I could knowledgeably criticize the genre.

So what is so ironic Allanis? It's like rain...I mean, First wife was "rarin" to go and I didn't feel like the "jogging". It didn't help that I still have shin splints from that cursed walk around the neighbourhood.

On the plus side, the knee is fine!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 36m 35s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • -----

Just tried to proove that I could still swim. Did some easy long swimming and some drills. Ran out of time.

Felt pretty good...Lots of concentrating...I think my stroke count is 47...I'm sure I'm counting wrong!

Sport #1
  • Core Training
  • 35m

BT's round the world core strength work and stretching things out afterwards.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 15m

BT's round the world core strength work and stretching things out afterwards.

Well, I haven't seen this side of Crack 'o Stupid for a while. Had a bit of a fitful sleep and kept waking up. I apparently tried to punch myself sometime last night while First Wife was reading. I find this very unusual 'cuz I've never really gone for punch...not terribly hygienic with every everyone serving themselves...ick.

I'm really starting to miss running. It has been 4 days. I think I'm in withdrawal. I may try a slow one tonight with First Wife (if she doesn't punch me). I did some powerwalking in my big boy, dress-up shoes yesterday as I followed some school children and politicians around the block photographing them as they did their physical fitness thing. I think I gave myself shin splints! I am such a loser.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • -----

Drills Drills Drills...lots of water swallowing and listening to Pat talk about a certain CFL celebrity's butt (he was aquajogging in the training tank).

This morning I did a big fat nothing! Just because I could...I'm still not running, although I might give a nice gentle walk run a chance tomorrow (if I can convince first wife to sweat with me).

I also took the opportunity to sleep in. The soccer mom thing/combined with night time Board meetings is really wearing me out. Tonight kid one and kid two and friend of kid two have to be taken to two different places each. In one case there is a 10 minute turnaround. Good thing this place is small and manageable. The second bonus is that both offspring are doing sports (track and syncro) and music...so, we are doing healthy lifestyle here.

What's first wife doing? Well, I'm proud to say she's got fitness of her own, even though it is dancercise. She is also coaching volleyball and taking a teacher course too....wait a minute, who's beautiful wife is this?

What am I doing? Masters' swimming at lunch. This morning I have a gig at a school that will host the Lieutenant Governor and the many Ministers who are about to call an election...I better take some Purell to sanitize my hand afterwards.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

Okay I'm now swimming on my side and doing a whole bunch of fancy stuff like "breaching" my hips...My breathing still sucks, even when it blows, but I'm getting there. Jason is breaking me down and I'm slowly becoming the dog paddler I've always wanted to be.

Sport #1
  • Core Training
  • 30m

BT around the world Core work...2/3 of it, I wasn't feeling up to it this morning.
Stretching afterwards.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 15m

BT around the world Core work...2/3 of it, I wasn't feeling up to it this morning.
Stretching afterwards.

Woke up to a darker than normal house. Major Powerfailure...Then when the power came back on, the tv turned on and I had to scramble to turn it off.

Threw me off a bit...Felt very sluggish this morning...Tendon still tender. Not very verbowe - me or the tendon.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • -----

Good swim in Masters class. I am starting to feel faster and sleeker...problem is I can't get my breathing right and I can't count while I swim, so I have no idea if I am really getting better of just feel more confident.
Jason will tell me tomorrow in my one on one.

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Core strength and arms and other odd things with Matt. Amber was away.

I think the class is called Bend and pull, or bend and relax, or something.

Not a bad class, easy after Brendan's

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

tendon on inside of right knee still "sharp pain" sore. Stretched a bit on the rollers. And iced it.

Now I face another week. Last week I elbowed it, and the week before I toed it, so using my face is somewhat appropriate at this point.

Back to core work this morning. I'm still sore from Brendan and running with crazy John. I have an unknown this morning, Amber is away. This is followed by swimming at lunch.

I have a new pain in a previously unfelt tendon beside my knee. I iced it all of yesterday. We'll see what pleasure it brings me today.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

windnsnow's Training Log

September 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals