Taking that Nike ad as inspiration, I got up this morning. Almost collapsed from tiredness and nausea and then back to sleep.

I don't feel much more rested now, but I feel a little safer that I didn't go out into the dark in that condition.

There will be other 13k runs. I'm guessing that my Sunday 25k took more out of me than I expected. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

I was so tired. And so cold! No energy at all. I felt like quitting a couple of times.
I just kept going. Instead of trying to do fast (as my stroke broke down in a hurry) I focused on technique. That got me through it.

Strength
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Stretching after weights and listening to Simply Stu podcast.

I'm going to think of this ad, next time it is cold and dark and slippery and I'm tired.

Nike Ad

Now all I have to do is start buying their product....

How can you not like Mondays when you can sleep in.

My silicon chip is set to over-the-moon, thank you very much.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 2h 50m 18s
  • 24.89 kms
  • 06m 50s /KM

Okay, I did it. And survived. I had every intention of stopping at home at the half way mark, changing clothes, refueling and going out again.
But I felt so good that I did some extra loops and by the time I was close to home again, it was about 2 hours 15 and I knew, that if I went into my cozy house, I would never leave again. So I just did another loop, ending up at running room to refill water, pee, have some woman walk in on me and look at my blue willy. I then, went out on the the last bit, speaking of willies.

Here's the details.
Glycocarb break every 2k, walk about 10 seconds and resume running. Power Gel at 40 at 1:30. Through Crescents, along west devonian till end. Did 4 loops of that dead end path by the TransCanada Trail, ran to the end of the path and then headed back.
Cold wind blowing on way back, a couple of times I got a chill. Started at -11c with wind chill of -19.
Managed moisture pretty well, but my blue cycling jacket was soaked and got "crispy" as it froze. Legs were good with one layer of tights. Balaclava, no hat.
Ran Solo. I missed the ironman's grunts of wisdom!

Z2 and Z3 all the way.

2554 calories

Started at 197 pounds, got back with 193...I guess I gotta drink more!

Great run.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m
Big long solo run today. You may never hear from me again. It's been nice.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 35.00 kms
  • -----

Two hard Spinnervals No Slackers Allowed and Suffer O Rama. The second DVD kept freezing. Big turnout. Had no energy, but then got my legs. It was a pretty sweaty and good ride.

First Born did well in track meet tonight.

First Born got two first places (60 m (7.83 sec), and 4 X 100) and two second places Long Jump and High Jump (140 cm).

Woke up before the alarm today. How odd is that? I need a life!

Flying solo today, Ironman is doing the injury dance. Actually, he won't be doing much dancing, he rolled his ankle. Just a minor setback. Go visit him and say hi! Ironman.

Okay, the thought of the day, since I'm biking today. That annoying gear cable that sticks out from your front derailer and pokes your ankle unless you bend it back, but it still bugs you. Why hasn't someone innovated that into oblivion?

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • -----

This isn't getting any easier.
Very crowded pool.
Still got it done, can't remember what I did, but it was lots with little stopping.

Strength
  • 1h 10m

Good workout with Brendan. Felt strong. Where did all these women come from? These chicks are hard, they can kick my @ss!
Lots of core work, got really sweaty.

It's Brendan time. Didn't I do this last week.

Since everyone is doing definitions of the day. I'm going to go with thoughts of the day.
Do with them what you will.

Asparagus. What's with that?

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Day of rest and pouting.

For the record. And in case there is anyone paying attention today on my day of rest and pouting.

I seem to be full of fat. I know I'm full of something, but according to this nutrition thingy, I seem to be ingesting an inordinate amount of fat - as compared to the percentage of Carbs or Proteins. 

Well, the dirty truth is I don't eat red meat. Sorry to disappoint you. I don't eat pork, the other white meat either.

In fact, I eschew the consumption of all mammals. Don't ask, long story.

So not having that source of protein, and heme Iron. I tend to favour lots of  fish and occasionally,  almonds and other good-for-you nuts.

The problem is that they are all full of "FAT" the kind of fat that really isn't bad for you, but that gets measured as bad-for-you fat.

So, just in case you were wondering why my fat consumption was so high and you were trying to remember the words for "Fatty fatty two by four"... Now you know.

And the words were "couldn't get through the bathroom door" - I grew up with that. I even know the tune.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 40m
  • 17.00 kms
  • 25.50 KM/hr

okay, I got my lazy ass onto the trainer and climbed up Richter's Pass (Real Rides DVD). An abbreviated spin, but I sill did it!

Heart rate wasn't that exciting.

Run
  • 45m
  • 4.00 kms
  • -----

I knew this would happen eventually.
I couldn't get it up.
I warmed up. Did my Machs, Sprinted about 60 x 4 then I started my 800...at about 500 - at about 158 bpm, my HRM stopped working.
So I stopped. Took a minute or so, it started working again.
I started again, got to about 600m at 161 and then it then it stopped working again.
That's when I gave up. I felt my calves tightening up.

So no maximum HR - the sole purpose I ran today!
Crap.

I think I'm going to try this when I haven't had such a busy day and I might do it on the Treadmill.
I was a lot distracted by the tons of people at the track.

I'm sad.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1550.00 meters
  • 02m 35s /100 meters

Tired start, felt sluggish. In the faster lane again, no rest, just go go go. I think I'm making progress.
wu 4 x 100
MS 3 x 200 on 20 (4:19/200!)
4 x 25 kick
2 x 200
Had 200 more kicks but ran out of time (and energy)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Stretching after the big disappointment.

Imagine that, my alarm didn't go off. Now I'm fighting the urge to go back to bed 'cuz my routine has been upset....mind you I can't really go to sleep again in my bike shorts. But they would make the bed so cozy. I'm so confuffled!

• Health data: Hours slept: 5.5

windnsnow's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • August's totals