Run
  • 40m
  • 6.00 kms
  • 06m 40s /KM

Easy pace on the Dreadmill. Had crampy calves so I couldn't go a lot more.
Most Z2

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1850.00 meters
  • -----

Great swim
6 x 300
900 with pull buoys. I'll pull my buoy anytime if it lets me swim like that.

Could have swam forever!

Strength
  • 1h 10m

Brendanator made us do the Hans and Larz show again, flipping flippin' tractor tires, running full tilt on the dread mill and doing "super sets" of ladders - twice the distance, half the fun and more core work than a porker going through an apple orchard.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 40m

Not a lot of time to stretch today. 10 min morning.
30 min pm

-27c; windchill -35c

What am I doing here?

Time to make the Brendan donuts.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5

Okay, so I've booked the no-tell motel in Morden...That's me one step closer to committed to yet another half Ironman, sorry, I mean corny-man.

So after the third ignorant question, I ask the reporter "have you had a chance to read any of the three documents we provided you about this issue?"

She says, "well, no - but I looked at some coverage we did of this two years ago..."

Well, then If I knew she stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, my expectations of her having any integrity, scruples or professional courtesy would have been a little higher...sheesh!

I should have stuck with the monkeys...

I've decided to donate some blood today. Hmmm, I wonder if they still have those questions on the questionnaire -

"Have you had sex with African monkeys in the past 20 years?", or

"Have you had sex with or used intravenous drugs with anyone who may have been to Africa and/or been exposed to any really nasty cooties?"

Those questions always force me to think. Poor Africa.

Feel pretty good, considering the busy day I had yesterday.

Today I think I'll just sit on my @ss and work. I've got back to back meetings and a media fest in front of an ugly mob (potential high school closure) tonight. I'll need to save some energy!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 11m
  • 29.00 kms
  • -----

Still kinda listless, couldn't find a happy cadence. But got it done.
Real Rides First disk of the Penticton IM course to Oliver while listening to Lisa Bently on SimplyStu.com. This is the life!

Run
  • 1h 10m
  • 7.00 kms
  • -----

One word: Wow.

Had no energy. Kept yawning my way through my machs and my warm-ups. I was coming up with excuses for not doing the 5 x1000.
Instead I did:
5:05:16
4:54.85
5:05:96
5:09.70
5:01:91

Total 25:17.58 Fastest ever. I didn't even feel that stressed and got up to 175 pulse

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1500.00 meters
  • -----

Great Swim.
Intervals after 500 warm up.
10 x 100 at 2:10 on 15sec.

No time to think, just did them.

CBC tv crew showed up to do a story on the World Champion. Glad I wore a clean speedo.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m
Heeeeeeee's Baaaaaaack!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Taking that Nike ad as inspiration, I got up this morning. Almost collapsed from tiredness and nausea and then back to sleep.

I don't feel much more rested now, but I feel a little safer that I didn't go out into the dark in that condition.

There will be other 13k runs. I'm guessing that my Sunday 25k took more out of me than I expected. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

I was so tired. And so cold! No energy at all. I felt like quitting a couple of times.
I just kept going. Instead of trying to do fast (as my stroke broke down in a hurry) I focused on technique. That got me through it.

Strength
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Stretching after weights and listening to Simply Stu podcast.

I'm going to think of this ad, next time it is cold and dark and slippery and I'm tired.

Nike Ad

Now all I have to do is start buying their product....

How can you not like Mondays when you can sleep in.

My silicon chip is set to over-the-moon, thank you very much.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 2h 50m 18s
  • 24.89 kms
  • 06m 50s /KM

Okay, I did it. And survived. I had every intention of stopping at home at the half way mark, changing clothes, refueling and going out again.
But I felt so good that I did some extra loops and by the time I was close to home again, it was about 2 hours 15 and I knew, that if I went into my cozy house, I would never leave again. So I just did another loop, ending up at running room to refill water, pee, have some woman walk in on me and look at my blue willy. I then, went out on the the last bit, speaking of willies.

Here's the details.
Glycocarb break every 2k, walk about 10 seconds and resume running. Power Gel at 40 at 1:30. Through Crescents, along west devonian till end. Did 4 loops of that dead end path by the TransCanada Trail, ran to the end of the path and then headed back.
Cold wind blowing on way back, a couple of times I got a chill. Started at -11c with wind chill of -19.
Managed moisture pretty well, but my blue cycling jacket was soaked and got "crispy" as it froze. Legs were good with one layer of tights. Balaclava, no hat.
Ran Solo. I missed the ironman's grunts of wisdom!

Z2 and Z3 all the way.

2554 calories

Started at 197 pounds, got back with 193...I guess I gotta drink more!

Great run.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m
Big long solo run today. You may never hear from me again. It's been nice.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 35.00 kms
  • -----

Two hard Spinnervals No Slackers Allowed and Suffer O Rama. The second DVD kept freezing. Big turnout. Had no energy, but then got my legs. It was a pretty sweaty and good ride.

First Born did well in track meet tonight.

First Born got two first places (60 m (7.83 sec), and 4 X 100) and two second places Long Jump and High Jump (140 cm).

Woke up before the alarm today. How odd is that? I need a life!

Flying solo today, Ironman is doing the injury dance. Actually, he won't be doing much dancing, he rolled his ankle. Just a minor setback. Go visit him and say hi! Ironman.

Okay, the thought of the day, since I'm biking today. That annoying gear cable that sticks out from your front derailer and pokes your ankle unless you bend it back, but it still bugs you. Why hasn't someone innovated that into oblivion?

• Health data: Hours slept: 5

windnsnow's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • August's totals