Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 27.00 kms
  • -----

real rides, 3rd disk Penticton IMC. small rollers (hills) leading up to the turnaround and Yellow Lake. Felt very tired. Couldn't get a decent cadence again. Focused on position.

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1200.00 meters
  • -----

That was kinda hard, but I did it.
Some back stroke, breast stroke and even a half length of butterfly (my initiative). What a ridiculous stroke! It is sort of like the aquatic rhythmic equivalent of a dry heave.

At this hour of the morning, I really must question my motives.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 33m 11s
  • 6.00 kms
  • 05m 32s /KM

Resolution Run. Race Report is Up!

Bloody cold, but I warmed up. Could have gone better, but pleased with results. This is a PB at this distance (and temp.)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 40m

Stretching at Y and then more at home.

No, I'm not that blue, just a little frosty in this post run self portrait. 

Yikes, the new year begins with some serious leg pain. I guess you carry a little bit of every year through with you. Lets see if I can shake out this stiffness and pain by race time.

Oh and it's -25 and feels like -34 with the wind chill.

Oh and Happy Happy!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

Masters class. Still very sore from yesterday. A little queasy too. Jason got me to do some finger trailing to straiten up my kick. It really threw me off. Also did some kick sets and had nothing!
Glad I did it, but I don't know how I'm going to run in tomorrow's race. I'll manage, I'm sure.

Mother said there would be days like this. Mind you she never ran for 2.5 hours in -19. I am so sore. I couldn't sleep last night because of it. But it's a good hurt....yeah right.

And to add insult to injury, the scale says that I gained 10 pounds in 4 days. I suspect that it is messed up. First wife took it school with her just before the break and I think it has gone wonky.

Ahhh, today is another day and the last day of the year - according to an arbitrary convention that really doesn't represent any significant physical, metaphysical or experiential difference, yet cause many to make resolutions and promises based on the ticking of a clock. Enjoy the silence (if you can find it!)

Yeah, I'm back...what gave it away?

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 2h 30m 07s
  • 23.56 kms
  • 06m 22s /KM

Long Run with Starcorp after I got back from 4 days of doing nothing.

-19c, little wind.

Legs got sore really quickly. Close to cramping a few times. John pushed, I pushed, it was a good run!
Out to Wascana View, around Cemetary and a few loopsie loops on the way back to make the time.

2435 Calories. 2 gels. One bottle of Glycocarb and one half bottle of gatorade.
Stopped every 2 k. Stopped at John's house to refuel. Stopped at University.

Negative split: out leg: 6:25 pace
Back leg: 6:19 pace.

I can't believe I can do this!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Stretching at RR after running

I'm Back! Did you miss me?

• Health data: Hours slept: 10
Strength
  • 1h 20m

BT Round the World AB routine.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 1h 00m

Took my time stretching everything out and using the roller. It felt good.

• Health data: Hours slept: 11

windnsnow's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • August's totals