Sleep and work that's all that's on tap today. And meetings, lots of meetings.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1650.00 meters
  • -----

No energy at all today and the water felt slow...does that make any sense? No matter how hard (and smoothly) I swam, the water was just resisting. There were lots of people in the pool just before us, so I suspect there were some residual waves.

Anyway, not the greatest swim, but I'm doing the volume and my form was pretty good. And Marina was there and it's always nice to work out with her.
WU 200 easy
4 X 50 des.
3(4x100) intervals on 2:20
CD 50 BS easy

So I had a nap after supper. How weird is that?

When I rest. I rest hardcore.

This week is a down week...I've never done that before. I'm not sure what I will/won't do.

Oh and by the way, just in case I start making reference to it over the next week....I had a minor car accident on Saturday.

A nice young man Driving an F250 (edit: F350) monster cab didn't see my little putt putt and drove over the front of my car. I think my damaged front bumper manged to leave some silver paint on the Pick-up Monster's rear wheel.

The young driver was adequately polite and contrite...This happens....(first time ever to me) but it happens.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5

News update.

I'm back...thanks for thinking of me and making up stories about my hanging around peewee herman. 

I'm in the place that has no phone or Internet taking a break.

Don't miss me too much.

Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 73.00 kms
  • 24.33 KM/hr

Great ride with the club starting at 5:40 am.
We did Spinnervals "Dirty Love" or something like that. My computer wasn't working right - cadence of 300? No it is not a Timex, John. The mileage is a guess.
My cadence is still too low, I have to work on that. I was tired, but I made it through. Lots of standing sets. Good crowd, lots and lots of sweat.
Threee big bottles of GlycoCarb/Enervit. One Powerbar, one PowerGel.

Heart rate stayed pretty low. Maxed out in last 15 minutes.

2560 Calories

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

I've passed the crack of insanity and I'm approaching the fissure of ludicrous.

Some call this dedication to my club and my sport. I call it sleep deprivation.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 40m
  • 6.00 kms
  • 06m 40s /KM

Easy pace on the Dreadmill. Had crampy calves so I couldn't go a lot more.
Most Z2

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1850.00 meters
  • -----

Great swim
6 x 300
900 with pull buoys. I'll pull my buoy anytime if it lets me swim like that.

Could have swam forever!

Strength
  • 1h 10m

Brendanator made us do the Hans and Larz show again, flipping flippin' tractor tires, running full tilt on the dread mill and doing "super sets" of ladders - twice the distance, half the fun and more core work than a porker going through an apple orchard.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 40m

Not a lot of time to stretch today. 10 min morning.
30 min pm

-27c; windchill -35c

What am I doing here?

Time to make the Brendan donuts.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5

Okay, so I've booked the no-tell motel in Morden...That's me one step closer to committed to yet another half Ironman, sorry, I mean corny-man.

So after the third ignorant question, I ask the reporter "have you had a chance to read any of the three documents we provided you about this issue?"

She says, "well, no - but I looked at some coverage we did of this two years ago..."

Well, then If I knew she stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, my expectations of her having any integrity, scruples or professional courtesy would have been a little higher...sheesh!

I should have stuck with the monkeys...

I've decided to donate some blood today. Hmmm, I wonder if they still have those questions on the questionnaire -

"Have you had sex with African monkeys in the past 20 years?", or

"Have you had sex with or used intravenous drugs with anyone who may have been to Africa and/or been exposed to any really nasty cooties?"

Those questions always force me to think. Poor Africa.

Feel pretty good, considering the busy day I had yesterday.

Today I think I'll just sit on my @ss and work. I've got back to back meetings and a media fest in front of an ugly mob (potential high school closure) tonight. I'll need to save some energy!

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 11m
  • 29.00 kms
  • -----

Still kinda listless, couldn't find a happy cadence. But got it done.
Real Rides First disk of the Penticton IM course to Oliver while listening to Lisa Bently on SimplyStu.com. This is the life!

Run
  • 1h 10m
  • 7.00 kms
  • -----

One word: Wow.

Had no energy. Kept yawning my way through my machs and my warm-ups. I was coming up with excuses for not doing the 5 x1000.
Instead I did:
5:05:16
4:54.85
5:05:96
5:09.70
5:01:91

Total 25:17.58 Fastest ever. I didn't even feel that stressed and got up to 175 pulse

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1500.00 meters
  • -----

Great Swim.
Intervals after 500 warm up.
10 x 100 at 2:10 on 15sec.

No time to think, just did them.

CBC tv crew showed up to do a story on the World Champion. Glad I wore a clean speedo.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m
Heeeeeeee's Baaaaaaack!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

windnsnow's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26