Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 33.00 kms
  • 28.29 KM/hr

harder than I expected, but got it done. First disk of Penticton Realrides.
Focused on high cadence and a bit of power. worked well..

I'm having low iron issues. Might explain some of my tired, listlessness.

Not a lot of great sources in the food I normally eat (remember no red meat - or white meat).

So I've started eating some "interesting" things. Yesterday I had chicken livers. Today at lunch I had canned oysters. I don't know if these will help, but I'm feeling kinda Randy right now. 

I know, I know I should contact a nutritionist, but I'm lazy and I'm cheap, so that precludes that activity. I'm also going to get a cast iron fry pan - but I have to keep it away from First Wife who would most likely use it to chase me around the house! 

5:10 a.m

Well that was dull while it lasted. It's donut making time!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 25m 33s
  • 5.00 kms
  • 05m 07s /KM

I had to double check my watch. I just planned to do a leisurely run, but decided to do 77 seconds a lap. One thing led to another and next thing I knew I had set myself a new indoor personal best! I attribute this to the Starcorp talking about our times in my first ever Duathlon.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1500.00 meters
  • -----

Not a bad swim. I'm still looking back as I breathe, as if I'm worried someone is behind me ready to give me a wedgie. Shoulders were a little sore because of it...Jason got me to change my head position and that helped.

I was swimming kind of slow averaging about 2:20 per 100.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 40m

stretching after run.

I'm getting a little too used to this sleeping in. It isn't as fun as it used to be. I kept waking up wondering "is it time to wake up yet?"

Today, I get to ghostwrite an interview. I get to be the interviewer and the interviewee. And it isn't even about me! My cerebral hemispheres can't wait!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Sleep and work that's all that's on tap today. And meetings, lots of meetings.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1650.00 meters
  • -----

No energy at all today and the water felt slow...does that make any sense? No matter how hard (and smoothly) I swam, the water was just resisting. There were lots of people in the pool just before us, so I suspect there were some residual waves.

Anyway, not the greatest swim, but I'm doing the volume and my form was pretty good. And Marina was there and it's always nice to work out with her.
WU 200 easy
4 X 50 des.
3(4x100) intervals on 2:20
CD 50 BS easy

So I had a nap after supper. How weird is that?

When I rest. I rest hardcore.

This week is a down week...I've never done that before. I'm not sure what I will/won't do.

Oh and by the way, just in case I start making reference to it over the next week....I had a minor car accident on Saturday.

A nice young man Driving an F250 (edit: F350) monster cab didn't see my little putt putt and drove over the front of my car. I think my damaged front bumper manged to leave some silver paint on the Pick-up Monster's rear wheel.

The young driver was adequately polite and contrite...This happens....(first time ever to me) but it happens.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5

News update.

I'm back...thanks for thinking of me and making up stories about my hanging around peewee herman. 

I'm in the place that has no phone or Internet taking a break.

Don't miss me too much.

Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 73.00 kms
  • 24.33 KM/hr

Great ride with the club starting at 5:40 am.
We did Spinnervals "Dirty Love" or something like that. My computer wasn't working right - cadence of 300? No it is not a Timex, John. The mileage is a guess.
My cadence is still too low, I have to work on that. I was tired, but I made it through. Lots of standing sets. Good crowd, lots and lots of sweat.
Threee big bottles of GlycoCarb/Enervit. One Powerbar, one PowerGel.

Heart rate stayed pretty low. Maxed out in last 15 minutes.

2560 Calories

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

I've passed the crack of insanity and I'm approaching the fissure of ludicrous.

Some call this dedication to my club and my sport. I call it sleep deprivation.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 40m
  • 6.00 kms
  • 06m 40s /KM

Easy pace on the Dreadmill. Had crampy calves so I couldn't go a lot more.
Most Z2

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1850.00 meters
  • -----

Great swim
6 x 300
900 with pull buoys. I'll pull my buoy anytime if it lets me swim like that.

Could have swam forever!

Strength
  • 1h 10m

Brendanator made us do the Hans and Larz show again, flipping flippin' tractor tires, running full tilt on the dread mill and doing "super sets" of ladders - twice the distance, half the fun and more core work than a porker going through an apple orchard.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 40m

Not a lot of time to stretch today. 10 min morning.
30 min pm

-27c; windchill -35c

What am I doing here?

Time to make the Brendan donuts.

• Health data: Hours slept: 5

windnsnow's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26